Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
No doubt!! Back in the day, we had more posts in about two hours than we now have in a week!! IIRC, That started going downhill when they changed the format. Don't know why the powers that be had to tamper with what was working so well.

Of course, that's before the industry went into melt down. Back then, if you could fog a mirror, you could get a job driving a big truck. Now, what with the idling restrictions, and sharing the highways with trucks from Mexico and all, I don't think you could pay me enough to climb in the cab anymore. You sure couldn't pay me enough to sleep in one.
e

I wish Josh would find his way back, too. The forum took a hard hit when the format was changed. Many long time members were unable to log in to the site. I think it took a week or so for some to be able to log in. Then the site was sold and further changes were made. We went through a time when we were bombarded with hackers and those trying to do harm to the site. It all took a toll. I don't think that we ever fully recovered from the first problems when people simply could not log in. It may have taken longer for some to long in than I remember. I think it was a week or so for me. I believe some became frustrated with trying to get on the forum. There were also a few posters who started to attack others and some left because of the drama. We try to stop that from happening, but with so much activity at that time, it was difficult for the moderators to keep up. Those posters are gone, but many who left during that time chose to not return. If any of you run across any of our old members you may invite them to come back and visit. I miss the activity and the interchange of ideas. We had a lot of different opinions and did have some heated discussions. That was not the problem. It was the personal attacks that hurt the forum.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
e

I wish Josh would find his way back, too. The forum took a hard hit when the format was changed. Many long time members were unable to log in to the site. I think it took a week or so for some to be able to log in. Then the site was sold and further changes were made. We went through a time when we were bombarded with hackers and those trying to do harm to the site. It all took a toll. I don't think that we ever fully recovered from the first problems when people simply could not log in. It may have taken longer for some to long in than I remember. I think it was a week or so for me. I believe some became frustrated with trying to get on the forum. There were also a few posters who started to attack others and some left because of the drama. We try to stop that from happening, but with so much activity at that time, it was difficult for the moderators to keep up. Those posters are gone, but many who left during that time chose to not return. If any of you run across any of our old members you may invite them to come back and visit. I miss the activity and the interchange of ideas. We had a lot of different opinions and did have some heated discussions. That was not the problem. It was the personal attacks that hurt the forum.
Yea Josh was an interesting guy, He was typical of the board leaning more to the right yet he also seemed to be able to respect those who saw things differently with his own articulate type of vernacular. When I first signed up in August of 04 coming up on ten years now, WOW! ten years gone, I spent a lot of time on the board to the detriment of my home time with the family, it used to really piss my wife off, at some point due to the stress of life, work, family, & finances I allowed it to get the best of me.
I think I lost the thrill of the board after my back operation in 07 and the realization that selling my Fastback would allow us to keep financing the kids 529's it was sort of a mid life crisis and the feeling of what else is there?? Then our oldest decided college was not for her and got married instead??? ( Wait I sold my baby for you???) now in 2014 she is giving us our second grandchild this coming November, "nothing melts the heart like a grandchild will" Swim season is upon us and I get weekly time with my 6 year old granddaughter in our pool, I am the proud grandpa who gave her the gift of swimming a skill she will carry with her for the rest of her life. Looking forward to doing it with the newest addition next summer..
My youngest daughter graduates from high school on the 30th of this month #17 in a class of 340, she has decided to attend FSU and major in Political Science, & continue on to obtain her Law Degree with a desire to prosecute and the ultimate goal of sitting on the bench. I am so proud and am keeping my fingers crossed that her desires and ambitions stick. With both my girls we went through a period of not liking one another, on my part it was more of not understanding them or allowing them to grow into their world on their own terms, which really blows my mind as my father allowed us boys all the freedom in the world to learn and screw up he is always there to offer his 89 years of wisdom. Once I saw my short comings I made the change in my mind, and my relationship with my girls grew.
Kind of got off topic here, I guess my point is that life changes at a fast pace and people move on, you can never go back to the past but it is fun to look back at the memories.

Timberwolf