User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
That's an incredible story Robert. I'm happy that you and your family were spared from the worst of everything. God speed!
Thank you Malaki!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleeIB View Post
That was an incredible account, Robert. Thanks for sharing, and we're glad that you and yours are OK. I'm also glad to see how much people are helping. It gives hope for the human race.
Thank you Clee and Mr. Ford. You smart guys ought to see about putting a "like" button on here! I belong to a fishing message board and they have one.....comes in handy!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
You smart guys ought to see about putting a "like" button on here! I belong to a fishing message board and they have one.....comes in handy!
Ya, what he said.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Glad you made it ok Robert, but I just saw on the news your getting another storm now! Thats the only thing I don't miss about OK.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Board Icon

I was watching TWC last night, holy smokes things got real in a hurry. OKC took what some are saying was an EF2-3 with another around Norman and what was thought to be a tornado on the ground just West of Moore. TWC was busy talking about and watching the area North of St. Louis and Joplin when suddenly they jumped back to Moore and stated that a tornado was spotted on the ground near Moore and heading that way. Next thing you know the dire warnings were lifted and instead shifted to Norman.

To put it in perspective about predicting and tracking tornadoes and how we still simply do not know enough about them, the TWC Chase team with professional meteorologists got caught in a twister near El Reno, OK yesterday. They did not have a tank vehicle like the Reed Timmer and Sean Casey each have. Those guys are lucky to be alive this morning. Tornado Hunt Team Takes Direct Hit by Tornado - weather.com TWC Crew Injured
Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, a woman and her little girl died in that one when it flipped her car off the road. Trucks were turned over. People on the interstates were just sitting ducks!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am so sorry to hear about the tornado's in Oklahoma. They seem to be getting slammed with one tornado after another. They don't have time to recover until another storm hits. I am glad that you are safe, Robert.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

OK, another update. After going through the tornado on May 20th, and just getting cleaned up, well then the OTHER BIG ONE hit's us on June 2nd. Spent 2hrs in an underground cellar with 19 other people, nuff said! We were watching the storm on T.V. from beginning to the part where we had to go to the cellar. The El Reno tornado ended up being the largest tornado in history! 2.6 miles wide. Anyway, it all happened right at rush hour and all the major interstates around OKC, which I know you are all familiar with, were parking lots so people were trapped. We ended up with 5 tornado's around the metro and burbs and we here in Moore had 100mph straight line winds and 11" of rain. I think there ended up being 11 people killed by either tornado's or flood waters. This was on Fri night and we were do to leave Sat morning around 3:30 to go to Disneyworld. We lost power AGAIN! Our back fence was blown over AGAIN, our patio furniture ended up beside our house, the huge oak tree we have in the front yard is missing some limbs now, but come hell or highwater we were going to Disneyworld! We TRIED to leave around 3:30 a.m. but couldn't get anywhere because of all of the flooding. Finally after backtracking and searching high and low we found our way to I-35. We were going to go out through Memphis and down 78 to I-10 but I didn't want to fight the weather all day driving so we ended up going down through Dallas-Shreveport-Lafayette-I-10-and so on to Orlando to miss the bad stuff. I have to say, in my time of driving OTR, which isn't anything compared to most of you guys, I had never been on I-49 between Shreveport and Lafayette. I gotta say, it was my kind of road. 75mph speedlimit, very little traffic, and for the most part pretty straight. Alexandria is the only place you have to slow down between the two for 211 miles. Anyway. We get to Orlando on Sun the 4th and it rained on Mon (just a little), Tue (a little bit more), Wed we had Tropical Storm ?, I forget what the name of it was, Thurs for half the day we had rain half the day and I get a phone call from my sis-in-law who is taking care of the house saying we had a bad water leak under the sink in the master bedroom bathroom and the carpet in my sons room was wet so needless to say that isn't a call you want to get when you are on vacation, and Fri it was a beautiful day! One out of 5 ain't bad. We left Sat the 10th and headed back the same way we came. It POURED rain from around Mobile, Alabama to Baton Rouge! We stopped in Shreveport Sat night and got back on the road this morning and It POURED from around Mesquite to I-35! Needless to say I'm sick of rain. Got home to the mess we left behind around noon and we've been cleaning up to about 7:00. I'm beat and ready for bed, not looking forward to going back to work. I just wanted to update for.....well......just because, I feel like I've really pissed somebody off! I appreciate all the concerns and well wishes! I forgot to mention that we had a GREAT time in Disneyworld despite the rain, especially my 7yr old son. Anybody that hasn't been and is on the fence about going I would say GO! I GAINED 10lbs in a week from eating so much.

Last edited by robertt; 06-10-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I hate to hear about your getting hit again, robertt. I am glad that you and your family are safe. From your description I would say that those in the path of the storm were very lucky that casualties were not much higher. That was a huge storm. I hope you don't have any more of them this year. I am sure that it helped to get away for a few days at Disneyworld.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I am sure that it helped to get away for a few days at Disneyworld.
It did help take our minds off of things GMAN until I started that 21hr drive home then all I could think about was all the work I had to do when I got home. I've definitely had my fill of storms for the year though!