User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How's this for a lawn ornament?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1162[/ATTACH]

I would love to have this rusting pile of junk sitting in my front yard as a unique lawn ornament.
I really would!

I took that photo at a place called Cool Springs Park in WV. It's on US-50, close to Tunnelton, WV. They have tons (literally) of old equipment sitting around there. Everything from horse drawn carriages & Model T's to farm tractors to railroad engines to steam engines. It's a really unique place to stop and wander around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-20 09.56.06.jpg (105.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Better in front of your house than mine! lol
Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Board Icon

I share your sense of nostalgia, Malaki. I would love such a lawn ornament... but, I'd be interested in rebuilding it to running condition.

I wish I could have SEEN this place. Maybe, some day I will. And thanks to your post... I'll know to LOOK for it.

Off topic... I hope your wife is doing better.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Senior Board Member

There's not a whole lot there to restore! But you could make a few bucks for parts, that rad. surround sold for about $300 in the late 70s now with flea-bay who know. Cha-ching!! That place might look like a junkyard but I see $$$$
Old 10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I share your sense of nostalgia, Malaki. I would love such a lawn ornament... but, I'd be interested in rebuilding it to running condition.

I wish I could have SEEN this place. Maybe, some day I will. And thanks to your post... I'll know to LOOK for it.

Off topic... I hope your wife is doing better.
https://plus.google.com/101358297815...gl=US&hl=en-US

That'll give a little more info as to it's location. I also just finished uploading a crap-load of photos to it as well. Cool Springs is one of those 50's & 60's era locations that just continues to hang on and run as they always have. It was originally in the late '20s. It sits at the base of one mountain (15mph turns, 10% grade) and about 5 miles from the start up another. Even on the hottest of summer days in WV, it's always a lot cooler temperature-wise.

If you're ever on a road trip across US-50 in eastern WV (between Winchester, VA & Clarksburg, WV), that place is a must-stop. There's room for a couple of tractor trailers, as well.

But, I wouldn't recommend that anyone runs a tractor-trailer across that highway unless they REALLY know how to drive a truck. I grew up on these roads, and even though I have the ability & skill to do it, I won't. That road is left strictly to my car.

BTW - on that Google page, all but 5 of the photo's on there are ones I uploaded to Google this morning. You could spend hours walking around checking out the old equipment. They let you get on and play, too!

Last edited by Malaki86; 10-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.