User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
"extinguished" ???? as in dead? I think you may not have meant that. No slack from me. Webster says extinguished means

Cause (a fire or light) to cease to burn or shine.
Put an end to; annihilate.

Are you sure you didn't mean distinguished? And the jury is still out on that one.....we need pics to see if you are dead or just distinguished
Sorry, Sabine. Thought you knew that I never make such "egregious" spelling mistakes. It was on purpose... and it was a joke. A "play on words." I DO think my beard gives me a more "distinguished" look, but... as it has turned more grey, my own appraisal has diminished and, according to YOUR post... so have my chances!

You all but buried ole 'Gramps' here... to wit... "extinguished."

Besides.... Sharlie set the bar at NOT grey, and NOT bald.... unless I looked like George Clooney. Well...

I'm 56... and more than a few of my beard hairs (okay most of them) have turned grey! Not sure why NONE of what's left on my HEAD have done so!?

Either way... I'm a "dead man walking" when I encounter women. Hence, the joke (I only wish it were funny.)

But, thanks for paying attention!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I started a beard a couple of times, but shaved it off. I didn't like the way that it scratched. I did sport a mustache for a while. It was strange. When I entered a room people would clear out of the way. I looked at some photo's of me back then. I looked like a mob hit man. After a while I decided to cut the mustache and have been clean shaven ever since.
It's funny you should say that. I've had a mustache most of my life but lately I've been having the mob hitman effect on people. The beard itches like crazy but it makes me look older and harmless. I'm positioning myself for the dirty old man phase in my life. I'm thinking a harmless appearance is a good thing to have going on.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Board Icon

I ran around with a goatee at college for a few years, shaved it once a year. These days I let a full on beard grow for about a week then shave it off. A week is about all I can take before it bothers me while sleeping.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
These days I let a full on beard grow for about a week then shave it off. A week is about all I can take before it bothers me while sleeping.
thats just saying i shave only when my face iches too much,
Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I ran around with a goatee at college for a few years
I think the college goatee is a mistake/rite of passage for the vast majority of American men
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Board Icon

Normally I would let it grow out with winter coming on and then shave it off about mid March but the last year or so I just can't stand to let it go that long. Maybe it's because I'm just plain getting old.

Logbook, it doesn't exactly itch. It's something with the way it mesh's with my pillow when I sleep that bugs me and causes discomfort to the point that I simply can't sleep. I toss and turn trying to find a spot that is comfortable for the side of my face.

Clee I think that's it right there. If your a freshman it makes you feel like your a little bit older and belong on campus. BMOC syndrome is what they call it I think.