Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I was stuck behind this today

Three truck drivers injured in I-65 crash in Hart County

4:14 PM, Sep 8, 2012 |

A A

Three truck drivers were injured early Saturday morning in a four-truck, chain-reaction collision on Interstate 65 in Hart County.

The accident near mile marker 60 between Horse Cave and Munfordville shut down northbound lanes for nearly eight hours while crews cleaned up a fuel spill in sometimes pouring rain.

The Kentucky State Police reported that Donald Gordon of Cincinnati, Ohio, was driving a 2006 International tractor trailer northbound shortly after 5 a.m. when he evidently didn’t see stopped traffic from a previous collision. The highway lanes were reopened at 1 p.m.

Gordon’s truck struck a tractor trailer driven by a Vermont man, setting off a chain reaction in which the Vermont man’s truck hit a trailer driven by a Nicholasville, Ky. man. The Kentuckian’s truck then slammed into a fourth tractor trailer driven by Kenneth Johnson of Indianapolis, Ind.

Keith Copeland, 22, of Montpelier, Vt., and Ronnie Brown, 61, of Nicholasville were treated at Caverna Memorial Hospital in Horse Cave and released. Gordon, 44, was taken to Hardin Memorial Hospital, then transported to University Hospital in Louisville where he was in critical condition.

Johnson, 44, was not injured, according to a statement from Kentucky State Police spokesman Trooper Jonathan Biven.

It looked bad. The Estes truck that was in the middle was pancaked.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by RebelDarlin; 09-09-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
Three truck drivers injured in I-65 crash in Hart County

It looked bad. The Estes truck that was in the middle was pancaked.
Don't know about anybody else, but because I'm not a subscriber, my view was shaded with a window over the center of it.... Didn't get to see much of it at all.

Quote:
We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access.

Become a subscriber today to enjoy these benefits:
  • Unlimited access to our Web site
  • iPad-optimized edition
  • Mobile site & iPhone app
So, my question is.... "WHAT COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS?" I couldn't even read the article.

But, I never like hearing about drivers getting into accidents. Bad enough to have one driver involved. Three would sound like one dropped his guard, and two others got to pay for it. Hope they're not hurt bad.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Sorry, I didn't get that box . Added the article below for those who have trouble with the link.

It was at a merge lane from a rest area. What it looked like was one truck slowed/stopped for the ones merging and another slammed into him and pushed him into the two in front. It was raining pretty hard. The middle truck (Estes hauling doubles) was hauled out on a little flatbed tow truck, I can't believe the driver lived. Ths state trooper said his legs were really messed up, but he was alive.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Don't know about anybody else, but because I'm not a subscriber, my view was shaded with a window over the center of it.... Didn't get to see much of it at all.
Same thing happened to me Windwalker; until I removed &gcheck=1&nclick_check=1 from the end of the link, then it loaded fine.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward View Post
Same thing happened to me Windwalker; until I removed &gcheck=1&nclick_check=1 from the end of the link, then it loaded fine.
Thanks. I've never tried that, but it does work. I'll remember that for future.....