Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   I was stuck behind this today (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/42936-i-stuck-behind-today.html)

RebelDarlin 09-09-2012 04:36 AM

I was stuck behind this today

Three truck drivers injured in I-65 crash in Hart County

4:14 PM, Sep 8, 2012 |

A A

Three truck drivers were injured early Saturday morning in a four-truck, chain-reaction collision on Interstate 65 in Hart County.

The accident near mile marker 60 between Horse Cave and Munfordville shut down northbound lanes for nearly eight hours while crews cleaned up a fuel spill in sometimes pouring rain.

The Kentucky State Police reported that Donald Gordon of Cincinnati, Ohio, was driving a 2006 International tractor trailer northbound shortly after 5 a.m. when he evidently didn’t see stopped traffic from a previous collision. The highway lanes were reopened at 1 p.m.

Gordon’s truck struck a tractor trailer driven by a Vermont man, setting off a chain reaction in which the Vermont man’s truck hit a trailer driven by a Nicholasville, Ky. man. The Kentuckian’s truck then slammed into a fourth tractor trailer driven by Kenneth Johnson of Indianapolis, Ind.

Keith Copeland, 22, of Montpelier, Vt., and Ronnie Brown, 61, of Nicholasville were treated at Caverna Memorial Hospital in Horse Cave and released. Gordon, 44, was taken to Hardin Memorial Hospital, then transported to University Hospital in Louisville where he was in critical condition.

Johnson, 44, was not injured, according to a statement from Kentucky State Police spokesman Trooper Jonathan Biven.

It looked bad. The Estes truck that was in the middle was pancaked.

Windwalker 09-09-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin (Post 515636)
Three truck drivers injured in I-65 crash in Hart County

It looked bad. The Estes truck that was in the middle was pancaked.

Don't know about anybody else, but because I'm not a subscriber, my view was shaded with a window over the center of it.... Didn't get to see much of it at all.

Quote:

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access.

http://www.courier-journal.com/odygc...ly/close-x.png
Become a subscriber today to enjoy these benefits:
  • Unlimited access to our Web site
  • iPad-optimized edition
  • Mobile site & iPhone app

So, my question is.... "WHAT COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS?" I couldn't even read the article.

But, I never like hearing about drivers getting into accidents. Bad enough to have one driver involved. Three would sound like one dropped his guard, and two others got to pay for it. Hope they're not hurt bad.

RebelDarlin 09-09-2012 07:11 PM

Sorry, I didn't get that box . Added the article below for those who have trouble with the link.

It was at a merge lane from a rest area. What it looked like was one truck slowed/stopped for the ones merging and another slammed into him and pushed him into the two in front. It was raining pretty hard. The middle truck (Estes hauling doubles) was hauled out on a little flatbed tow truck, I can't believe the driver lived. Ths state trooper said his legs were really messed up, but he was alive.

tward 09-09-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 515649)
Don't know about anybody else, but because I'm not a subscriber, my view was shaded with a window over the center of it.... Didn't get to see much of it at all.

Same thing happened to me Windwalker; until I removed &gcheck=1&nclick_check=1 from the end of the link, then it loaded fine. :)

Windwalker 09-10-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tward (Post 515697)
Same thing happened to me Windwalker; until I removed &gcheck=1&nclick_check=1 from the end of the link, then it loaded fine. :)

Thanks. I've never tried that, but it does work. I'll remember that for future.....