User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Can a collection attorney suspend your CDL from a debt from previous employer?

Thank You for all your help

Last edited by truck905; 08-03-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 AM

first need to know when and what state, you want to ck stachue of limation(sorry spelling bad but you get it) bad new is you sent him a letter so from that date statue starts over. go to court, dont go to court he going to get a jugment. it will be good for a year and he will have one chance at your bank acct to get what he can ,he not going to tell you when he's going after it. he dont want to go to court. open a new cking acct at a difrent bank. figer out .25 on the dallor that you own,put that in the acct call him up. tell himthis is what i got take it or leave it you have other bills to pay off. he will take it, dont let him push ya be strong this is it take or wate. 2min del or hang up call them back latter your not playing.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Senior Board Member

All sorts of low life's make a liveing collecting debts that may not even be collectable. NEVER EVER admit to owing any of the debt if it's not the exact amout really owed! If the low life says you owe $1200 and you make even one payment of $1.00 you just renewed the debt and unless you contest the amount in writeing you will owe it all.
A lot of the time they call from a "law office" makeing you think it's a lawyer, but many time's it a clerk from a low life collections agency. Yeah. I've delt with some in the past. If you go to court MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERY THING DOWN ON PAPER!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Board Icon

As far as I know they are nothing but a collections agency from what you stated. If they claim to be a lawyer and are not a lawyer they are already breaking the law right there. They cannot take your CDL or anything else they threatened to take for this debt.........a judge on the other hand could and since you stated you have a court date in 3 weeks I assume it's for this. It sounds like what is happening is the statute of limitations is about to run out so they are pushing hard to get you to pay something. If you don't pay, they don't make any money themselves. Collections rarely want to go to court because it ends up costing them even more money which eats into their profit unless it's a large debt. My brother figured that out, he dared the collections people/Sprint to take him to court over $150, he never heard from them again. They either are lying about putting a freeze on your accounts or you had Direct Deposit with this other company, that is how they get the account number legally.

Also this thread might be best in another section of the forum, I'm just not sure where it should be though! So for now I'm leaving it here in Announcements.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

So did the 1500.00 comchek and regular check add up to more than the escrow? How much other money did you owe them?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Rookie

It came to a even balance. They charged me for insurance, Work Comp and Estimated IFTA that made the extra fees. Thanks for the response!!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Mr. Ford95 is right; this thread does not belong in Site-Related. I'm moving it to Anything and Everything.

Tags
agency, cdl, collection, license, suspend