User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What should you do when making a pickup?

Could you list and describe in detail what you do, specifically regarding the paperwork, when you make a LIVE pickup? A LIVE LOAD.

Specifically, can you write SLC on the bill, do you have to physically count each piece etc.?

Most of the trucking i've done was either LTL (usually picking up one pallet which is different from a whole truckload) private carrier (where the trailer was already loaded), dedicated carrier (where the trailer was already loaded and sealed) cars (obviously different from TL).

I've never really done irregular route OTR.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member

when you hit the shipping window ask. it's always better to know before they start loading then after it's on the trailer and you start to make a fuss.

i always counted my freight even for an SL+C load. if it was off i told the forklift guy who appreciated it. i was catching his mistakes before they got out the building. plus it saved my co. OS+D work and we got paid faster. the owner loved that. i also did a lot of live p/u's and then drop in a yard, so i always kept a supply of co. seals and would note the number on the BOL.