User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down DOT physicals

This should probably be in the "politics" forum....

I am wondering how all these "Truck Haters" plan on feeding themselves......and wiping their butts after taking a chit.

Land Line Magazine: The Business Magazine for Professional Truckers
Quote:
4/18/2012

DOT publishes registry of medical examiners rule
By Charlie Morasch, Land Line staff writer
The U.S. Department of Transportation published its final rule to establish a national registry of certified medical examiners.

The new rule requires doctors and other medical professionals who perform DOT-required medical exams to be trained, tested and certified to look for specific physical qualifications that interstate commercial truck and bus drivers must meet.

The rule would take effect in May 2014.

“Safety is our top priority and requires cooperation from everyone involved, including our medical examiners,” Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said in a press release. “This new rule will ensure that health care professionals conducting exams keep in mind all of the demands required to operate large trucks and passenger buses safely.”

The rule will mean truck drivers have fewer options, said OOIDA Regulatory Affairs Director Joe Rajkovacz.

“This rule as finalized will likely lead to reduced availability of medical examiners for drivers because of the cost and time associated with the ME getting and maintaining certification,” Rajkovacz said. “It’s also probable that with reduced choice, truckers will pay more for DOT physicals.”

Rajkovacz pointed to an April 2011 article in American Chiropractic Today that said DOT expected to need 40,000 medical examiners for commercial truck and bus drivers.

“It is also anticipated that many of the MDs who currently conduct these physicals will not elect to undergo the new training and certification required for the program,” the article states.

Rajkovacz said the complications of the rule don’t stop there.

“Additionally, the final rule will still require truckers to deliver their certificate to the state drivers license agency,” Rajkovacz said. “There will be no electronic transmission of qualification status directly to a state drivers license agency. Hence, drivers will still be responsible to ensure the state issuing their CDL gets their medical certification information. FMCSA states they deal with this issue in a separate, future rulemaking.”

Under the rule, applicants who wish to be certified as a medical examiner must register through the National Registry website. They’ll then train to pass a certification test required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

Medical certificates issued before May 21, 2014, are valid until the expiration date.

The rule also requires medical examiners to electronically transmit the name of the driver being examined to FMCSA. Medical examiners that don’t meet or maintain the rule’s minimum standards would be removed from the National Registry.

For more information on the rule, click here.

Copyright © OOIDA

Once this new "rule" takes affect, doctors will start refusing to give drivers DOT physicals because they won't be "Certified" or properly trained. Those whom will be doing physicals are going to be the "dregs" of society, with offices that will make city landfills look good....and they are going to be charging us up the yang-zoo.

Somebody.....tell me the winning numbers for the next big Lotto jackpot!!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Those physical forms are very self explainatory. Any doctor should be able to read and answer any questions. I would expect that the Muslim doctors will have a field day. The American doctors will just get tired of all the extra hassle. I used to have a doctor who did both DOT and FAA physicals. I was planning on having him give me the FAA physical, but he stopped due to the expensive software that he would have had to purchase, plus the additional paperwork. It wasn't worth it for him. I expect the same thing with the new rules. I see so many Muslim doctors and others from Asia (Pakistan and India) opening offices in this country. Most are affiliated with hospitals or large medical management corporations. It is interesting that the Obama and the Democrats keep criticizing the Republicans for promoting big business, but their policies have been promoting big business more than any other group.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
This should probably be in the "politics" forum....
Somebody.....tell me the winning numbers for the next big Lotto jackpot!!
i think 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 or 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 should do it, try those two and you are garunteed to hit it