User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default satellite radio/ front input?

guys i been using a tape adapter to connect my xm to the truck's stereo...but this new truck has no tape deck so...i tried to connect the xm radio to the stereo using a 3.5mm audio cable also used for mp3 players etc. to connect to this stereo, but theres no sound atall! is this radio bad or can u just connect mp3 players to the stereo? When i connect t it displays 'front input' but no sound! i know the cable is good and my xm radio is too, i can connect it to my stereo at home no probs... help!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Board Member

I used the same tape adapter for years and then got a truck with a cd player, crap! I went and bought a little FM adapter that plugs in line of the antenna and the XM plugs into it. The whole thing is tucked in behind the radio in the dash and it picks up the XM automaticly. Check out different freq. some radios are XM campatible, all you do is turn it on and scroll thru the stations.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Senior Board Member

If you have an mp3 player or something else like that, plug it into that input and see if that works. If not, take the head unit back and get it replaced. That should be a warranty issue. If the mp3 player works, well, something's messed up between the XM receiver and the head unit.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for the answers guys! Repete, i had forgoten about the direct input u can put in line with the fm input on the rear of the fm radio..where did u get urs? Looking in the owners manual it lists several versions of this radio and it said if there is a sirius logo on it, its compatible..this one isnt.

Angel, i will do that and test the input if it even works, thanks!