User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default There's a new sheriff in town

Gman,
Me thinks you and your soft liberal ways have been replaced.. There's a new sheriff in town:rofl: and it looks as if he is running a censored dictatorship:angryblue:... Just my opinion Clee dont get mad at me puleeeze:moon:... For years now all these fine young / old gentlemen:whistle: on this board who tend to lean towards the right side of the spectrum and few of those liberal pushing lefties have been spouting that we are slowly losing our rights in this great country of ours:eek2:... However, in "my opinion" they have failed to see that without rules and regulations and strict guidelines to follow there will always be someone who takes things to far:thumbsdown: ( someone who pushes the envelope to the edge of the cliff and ultimately push it over the side):crossbones:. On this board it just so happens to be the EVIL Dr Hoboissedoff: who clings to the edge of the cliff with his 9 iron in hand looking to pounce on the nearest conservative with an outlash of puncuation and inuendo that will only end in the victim suffering from a severe case of Stockholm syndrome:smokin:. Mr Hobo is an articulate individual who if left to his own means will eventualy rule this great board of ours,:lol: from there he will begin to capitalize on his Napoleon complex and seek out bigger and better adventures to feed his dark desire to puncutuate:bow:

While I would love to be a fly on the wall in many of your computer rooms when you guys see that another thread is closed for what is deemed bad choices in wording by the censorship commitee I would be afraid most of you would splat my azz with the fly swatter. So I will just have to sit here and laugh out load while I "Assume" what most of you are saying out loud to your computer screen,

In all sincereity it's a little to much Sheriff Clee, These guys have been doing this for many years and no one has come up missing yet.... Just saying...

Timberwolf
Old 07-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't read most political post, but I've been reading some of the posts in question and haven't seen a problem with them.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post

In all sincereity it's a little to much Sheriff Clee, These guys have been doing this for many years and no one has come up missing yet.... Just saying...

Timberwolf

That's what you think! Ever wonder what ever happened to Steve Booth?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

And the Rev.......
Old 07-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Senior Board Member

kentla you just saying a load of sh-t
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Senior Board Member

With the 'new sheriff' and his view on political posts, there's gonna be a couple people that won't be able to respond to anything on here.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Someone complained. Someone who doesn't like politics and doesn't think people should be talking about politics on a truckers website complained.

What that person is too ignorant to realize is what happens in Washington affects truckers big-time. Whether it's deficits going up or taxes going up or SS benefits going down or the demise of unions (remember the Teamsters!), what happens in Washington has a direct impact on my paycheck and yours. To not talk about it is to not talk about our ability to earn a living.

The forum could set up a subforum dedicated to politics and anyone that isn't interested doesn't have to tune in, they can tune their "radio dial" to another "channel". You know what though? They'd still complain. lol That's what small minded people do.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Someone complained. Someone who doesn't like politics and doesn't think people should be talking about politics on a truckers website complained.

What that person is too ignorant to realize is what happens in Washington affects truckers big-time. Whether it's deficits going up or taxes going up or SS benefits going down or the demise of unions (remember the Teamsters!), what happens in Washington has a direct impact on my paycheck and yours. To not talk about it is to not talk about our ability to earn a living.

The forum could set up a subforum dedicated to politics and anyone that isn't interested doesn't have to tune in, they can tune their "radio dial" to another "channel". You know what though? They'd still complain. lol That's what small minded people do.

:nixon: :nixon:

And why....given the fact that everyone whom is capable of "clicking" on the "link" that allows them to access the CAD website is also capable of clicking on each individual "link" once inside the website......should anyone individual working for the website have to expend an once of energy creating a "sub-forum"......when each individual that is perusing this website should be intelligent enough to determine upon a glance whether they want to read each individual "sub-forum" on this forum???

:crossbones: :crossbones:

Jeez........If these morons don't like what they are reading......all that they have to do is click on the "x" in the upper right hand corner of their monitor...and they would no longer be subjected to the "idiosyncrasies" of the individuals invovled in a "political" discussion in the "Anything & Everything" sub-forum of CAD!!! OR..........they could hit the "back button....arrow....forum tab.....whatever".....and again....not be subjected to seeing those individuals whom enjoy "jabbing" at electrons doing so.

musta been a complainer from WASHINGTON DC!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Board Icon

Actually it could be done Stan where only members can see it instead of the general public. Put it on password protect where you must be a member to get in to view it and also put a warning/waiver that if you do visit it, CAD in no way supports ANY political views. Another place I frequent has exactly this after the owners of the site started getting hate mail for allowing some of the stuff that was being posted in it to be out in the open. They locked it down for members only and put warnings up. They pretty much stay out of it unless personal threats are made so it's basically anything goes no holds barred as long as you don't cross that line. Everyone seems to do an excellent job of abiding those simple rules.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
That's what you think! Ever wonder what ever happened to Steve Booth?
Wow Repete you're right, after doing some research late into the evening with some help from my good friend Jack Daniels, I have it on good word that the EVIL Dr Hobo teamed up with Twilight Flyer and together they both swooped in and took Steve Booth off to sleep with Jimmy Hoffa.

Freebirdrfd I was always under the impression that the great Rev was busy cooking up some sort of recipe to bring back Yoopr from the great North who seemed to mysteriously disapear as well...

So I stand corrected Repete you are right.. This sounds like a case for the man in blue.. GMan where are you we need your super powers to help solve the case of the missing ClassA forum members..

Mitchno1 you have nothing to worry about way down yonder in the land of Kiwi as I have it on good word the Evil Dr Hobo's powers are useless outside the political firestorm being created on Capital Hill.

Timberwolf

Last edited by Kentla93; 07-30-2011 at 12:46 PM.