User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
I know what it was Graintrain, the boy's that caught in the Auger in the grain elevator. Have you heard anything about them? How they are?
Those storms keep staying in Enid or going over us and then raining. It did rain 3/10's in Wakita early morning one morning last week. All that did was make it miserable outside in the afternoon. I cheated and stayed in the a/c and just watched my load gauges in the cab.

The last thing I heard about the 2 young men in Kremlin was that both were still in critical condition. That was Saturday A.M.. There wasn't any talk about that on the cb today. I have been hauling transfers out of Wakita for a few days, and saw the Medi-Vac copter as I was heading down to Enid on 81. I guess I just didn't think too much about it till Friday morning when all the guys on the cb were talking about it. When I was farming, I bought some seedwheat from Zaloudek Grain on several occassions. In hindsight, those boys shouldn't have been in those bins in such hot weather. If it's 107 outside, it is well over 140 in those graineries. No one, especially 17 year olds, can work safely for very long in those conditions. There shouldn't be such a hurry to empty the bins this summer, since there is no corn, bean or milo crop to get ready for. They were on our prayer list at church Sunday. I guess word is that one will lose one leg and the other lost both.

PS: As I finished typing this it started thundering outside, its raining 3 miles north of here. But guess what, its moving east.

PSS: At 6:30 It rained here at the house for the first time in a long time. The strong winds blew all the dead leaves from the trees, we got a quarter inch of rain.

Last edited by Graintrain; 08-08-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: weather update
Old 08-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I just shut down in London, ON for the night. Oh my God - I forgot what 'normal' weather is. A few wispy clouds in the sky, no humidity and the temp is 65. I can actually shut the truck off for the night and not wake up 1/2hr later drenched in sweat.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
I just shut down in London, ON for the night. Oh my God - I forgot what 'normal' weather is. A few wispy clouds in the sky, no humidity and the temp is 65. I can actually shut the truck off for the night and not wake up 1/2hr later drenched in sweat.
I can only dream about those coming days. I work nights so it hasn't been TOO bad. It's cooler but the humidity is still there. We had a couple of nasty storms last night and it REALLY cooled it off. It's just teasing us right now but it won't be long we'll be experiencing what you are now.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

I just came from the Atlanta area. It was hot and humid there. I figured it would be a bit cooler here, but wow - I never want to leave. Well, I do because it's Canada, but you know what I mean. Bad part is that when I leave here, they'll probably give me a load going straight to Laredo, so I'll go right back into the furnace.

Temps dropping this eve. I might actually have to dig out a blanket.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Just to give y'all more excitement than you can stand, this is what's coming your way in a few weeks/months.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Ann Arbor - weather.com
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
they'll probably give me a load going straight to Laredo, so I'll go right back into the furnace.
Laredo or Phoenix Enjoy it while you can:thumbsup:
Old 08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Board Icon

I tell ya what... I don't know what happened, but it's only 86 degrees outside. Normally, (for the last several months) it's been 86 at 2:00 in the morning. :hellno: Me and my dad was running some errands earlier, and I didn't notice it at first when he came by the house, and we got into the pickup. I noticed how well my a/c was cooling. There are some storms east of us (been raining everywhere but here), and it's kinda cloudy, with an east wind blowing. Sure feels good for a change. I like the summer, but that 110 degrees can sure put a load on ya. Wow, what a difference 25 degrees makes. Maybe the weather is finally breaking? No....probably not. :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/