User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm not about to tell anybody that they're dumb as a box of rocks but you know what??? I'm not going to say it. :moon:

Global warming does not mean that temps increase in a way that is even perceptible by man. 2 degrees over 100 years is not a perceptible change. So when it seems really, really hot or really, really cold it neither proves nor disproves global warming. So quit sounding like you're dumb as a box of rocks because you're not!

This is why climate change is the better term in my view. The weather is getting weird.

Btw, one simple bit of common sense for you:

If the climate change people are wrong and we make the mistake of heeding their advice? We get off foreign oil and that saves our economy (not to mention many, many lives).
If the climate change people are right and we make the mistake of not heeding their advice? Devastation and a crippled planet.

Edit: Just so you know - I'm not directing this rant at any one person, I'm directing it at everyone that gets their news from The Tabloid News Channel. They mock scientists so you'll feel smart and keep watching, that's how they make money.

Last edited by MichiganDriver; 07-21-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Here in Texas....we are in the middle of a LARGE drought. My thermometer showed 112 out in the mesquite bushes yesterday. Every step was a powder puff creator.
Our drought is bad too. We are in the "extreme" level. I have taken to just taking the hose and turning it on and laying out in the yard. I have developed cracks in my walls and ceiling. It's getting pretty bad. Everybody is experiencing the same thing around here.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Remember awhile back when I said I had sent in a suggestion for a news story to my local tv station? They called me today and said they'll be going to a couple of truckstops tomorrow to interview drivers about the anti-idling laws. I had forgotten all about it, honestly.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Old 07-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
Remember awhile back when I said I had sent in a suggestion for a news story to my local tv station? They called me today and said they'll be going to a couple of truckstops tomorrow to interview drivers about the anti-idling laws. I had forgotten all about it, honestly.
Tomorrow will be a REAL good day for it! I bet the reporters can't stand 2 mins in a sleeper of a truck that has been turned off for more than 20 mins!!

Keep track of it man. I want to read the articles (or see the videos) when they publish their story!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:17 AM

I'm usually home at night, but was off schedule due to fixing my A/C fan, so I stayed the night in the Texas panhandle Tuesday night. It was in the 90s well into the early morning hours. It only gets down to like 80 to 82 degrees in the mornings and its right at 100 by noon. The grass is pretty well dying here in northern OK, but out west from Woodward to Perryton Tx everything is dead as December, even the Gamma grass. Take it easy out there and remember that heat illnesses are from cumulative time in the heat, day after day.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Board Icon

Mr. Ford said:

Quote:
Just for today and tomorrow you can Hobo After that it's back to anti-Global Warming.
Aw c'mon! You give only TWO days of "revenues??" I need tonight, tomorrow... the rest of the weekend... and MONDAY (cuz that's part of my weekend) in "cuts" to your "anti-global warming" stance. If I haven't convinced you by then.... you can go ahead and shut down the planet! :lol:

Quote:
We have not only the normal High Pressure system pumping in the heat the Midwest got, we have a Bermuda High that has pushed up over us and so we have ridiculous humidity mixed with it.
The Bermuda High, strengthened by warming oceans (therefore MORE moisture or "humidity" embedded,) are pushing further into the eastern part of the country because the jet stream is closely approximating the U.S. - Canadian border right now. Since cold fronts usually follow the west side of the "stream," they are not anywhere NEAR the U.S. at the moment. Without cold fronts, humidity laden cloud masses produce much less (if any) rain. The "retrenchment" of the jet stream also explains why humidity from the gulf (and southern Pacific) has pushed HIGHER into the midwest (Texas, Oklahoma, even up to Iowa and above.) All that moisture in the air.... and so little rain (at the moment.) :roll:

900 records for "heat index" have been broken in the month of July alone! It doesn't TAKE a "record high temp" to prove global warming. The changes in weather PATTERNS, and ocean temps have MUCH more to do with it! .... EVEN with the recent record SNOWS!

Much more to come.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Board Icon

Still not buying the global warming thing hobo, at least not the man made version. Not when I read on TWC almost daily of how in the early 1900's an area saw record temps, hot or cold. Sometimes you see dates closer to current time's but I've seen a lot between the 1920's and 1950's. Today's, 1926 in Troy, NY they set a record high of 108 degrees for the entire state. Everything works in cycles in the weather. At work we've been keeping track of the weather for the last 3 years. We've seen snow and rain within a day or two of the previous year. We've seen the hot and cold temps around the same dates as previous. I remember 5 years ago the loonies were yammering about global warming when it was 85 degrees on Dec. 24th and 90 on Jan. 2nd. Past 4 years it's been 30 degrees or less on those days which is closer to normal.

This humidity with that Bermuda High is exactly what Robert was talking about as far as knowing what it's like here. It feels like we're in Malaysia, it instantly saps your energy after a few minutes.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Senior Board Member

We're going to hell in a hand basket.

Record high temps don't mean anything. Record low temps don't mean anything. It's the average temps that matter. And even there, the average temps where you happen to live don't matter. The average temps at the poles are rising and the ice caps are melting.

Would anyone care to make a wager that come winter someone doesn't post on the forum about how some southern city just saw a record low and therefore global warming isn't real?
Old 07-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
We're going to hell in a hand basket.

Record high temps don't mean anything. Record low temps don't mean anything. It's the average temps that matter. And even there, the average temps where you happen to live don't matter. The average temps at the poles are rising and the ice caps are melting.

Would anyone care to make a wager that come winter someone doesn't post on the forum about how some southern city just saw a record low and therefore global warming isn't real?
:bigthink:

Let me handle this for you....eliminate the suspense as it were!!! :bigthumbsup:

Global warming is not real!! Brownsville Texas saw 5 days of record cold and ice storms this past winter. :hellno:

:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigthumbsup: