User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

it even on world page in our papers that he running out of suport and time to get the loan in 14 days or watever to get you outa the s..t .affects us our dollar 85cents against yours no good for our xports we want round 60 to 70,been high enough lately for us to buy all the imported goods we need lol
Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

This race card is not working with most of any more. Those who continue using it are themselves racists. The Black Caucus is a racist organization. Try to join if you are not black. I hope the Republicans hold tight on shutting the government down if they don't cut spending. I see no reason to raise the spending limit. If they cut spending then there would be no need to increase the debt limit. The problem with Obama and democrats is that they don't want to control their reckless spending. They seem determined to systematically murder this country. We either address this out of control spending now or we may not like how we need to address it in the future. We are rapidly approaching the time when we will no longer have the resources to even pay all the interest on our national debt. We need to get these people out of office and find those who will be responsible. Obama and company have NO concept of reality or how things work.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
There's no getting you guys out of your dream world, is there? Obama might have walked out of the meeting as a negotiating tactic (as in adding some meat to his threat of default if Republicans don't start showing even the tiniest bit of willingness to compromise).

Our reduced stature in the world is thanks to Republicans FUBARing our economy. WTG Reagan, Bush and Bush. :thumbsup:
It's a lame tactic that has failed miserably if that is what it was. I highly doubt it was a negotiating tactic though, anyone with half a brain would know it would not work and the media would rip him up on it as walking out in a huff. The Repubs have shown willingness to compromise but they refuse to raise the debt ceiling without bigger cuts. All Obama wants is the debt ceiling raised, don't you wish you could do the same with your credit card? Tell them to raise your limit even though your already maxed out and see if they do it.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
The Repubs have shown willingness to compromise but they refuse to raise the debt ceiling without bigger cuts.
Rubbish. What's your idea of compromise? 100% spending cuts and 0% tax increases?

Please provide a link to a Republican proposal that even approaches a 50%/50% mix and I'll provide a link to a Democratic proposal that gives Republicans a 75%/25% mix IN YOUR FAVOR. If you can't do it then please acknowledge that you're talking out of your keester.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Board Icon

I'm not talking taxes Michigan so no, I'm not talking out my rear here. FYI though I have openly stated before that the higher class should pay their fair share in taxes but we must reduce our govt. spending. I would not mind 100% cuts to unneeded govt. spending and there is a lot of that out there.

I'm talking about our debt ceiling and the refusal to raise it by the Repubs. They are willing to do the tax increase on the higher class the Dem way, sleight of hand instead of an outright tax increase. Both get what they want in a way, taxes go up, Dem +, not done as an outright tax increase, Repub +. The hang up on the budget deal is raising the debt ceiling and making cuts to govt. spending which in the last 3 years has matched what Bush did in 8 years with 2 wars.

I must raise this question though, why is Obama all about raising the ceiling but he voted against it while a member of Congress during the Bush year's when Jr. wanted to raise the ceiling?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ford95
I must raise this question though, why is Obama all about raising the ceiling but he voted against it while a member of Congress during the Bush year's when Jr. wanted to raise the ceiling?
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00054

Obama On Debt Ceiling, Then And Now « Start Thinking Right

Obama: Not Always a Fan of Upping Debt Ceiling - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

Flashback: 2006—Senator Obama Voted NO on Raising the Debt Ceiling « The Greenroom

Last edited by robertt; 07-16-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Laura Ingraham Airs Scary ‘Obama Remix’ of Jimmy Carter‘s ’Malaise’ Speech | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I'm not entirely sure (and I haven't looked into the links that Robert posted). I seem to recall Obama said that he was just getting started in the senate and what he did was wrong. That's right, iirc the man stood up and said he made a mistake. I could be wrong though.

I don't know how you're veering off into Dem+ this and Rep+ that (I'm getting the "+" thing) but it seems to me a 50/50 compromise would create a bill that both sides hate equally well and that would be about perfect.

Last edited by MichiganDriver; 07-16-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

It's a funny thing. The Republicans on this forum and Republicans in general sound like lawyers trying to get their client off on some technicality. Some of you go so far as to gather up quotes, vids etc from hate sites. Why not discuss the issue at hand in terms of the issue at hand?

Democrats must have hate sites too. Sooner or later a Democrat is going to join this forum that will post all that silly garbage, but now it will be from Democratic hate sites. What will you do? It will be your hate site against his hate site. Forum members won't be needed anymore, the hate sites can just go at it.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Senior Board Member

[QUOTE=MichiganDriver;500271]Rubbish. What's your idea of compromise? 100% spending cuts and 0% tax increases?

QUOTE]

In this case YES!! Name one thing that we need to pump more money into and the amount. I bet we can then look around the rest of the bloated non-existent budget and find the funds to transfer. Problem solved!
Closed Thread