User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Not Guilty

Just heard on the news that Casey Anthony was found not guilty on all charges except for the 4 misdemeanor charges of providing false information.

I knew the prosecution hadn't provided enough proof for a murder conviction, let alone 1st degree.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Board Icon

I tried to avoid MOST coverage of this trial even tho I listen to the 3 newschannels all day long while driving. So... I wasn't completely "up" on all the evidence and arguements. But, watching the Defense's closing arguments Sunday.... I just couldn't get over the strange behavior of George (Casey's father) concerning the gas cans and the duct tape! At the conclusion of their summation, I said to myself.... "She just got off!" The Rebuttal had me questioning my judgement, but the verdict endorsed it. They JUST couldn't prove HOW she died, WHO killed her, and WHY so many others acted so strangely.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I have one nagging question above all others.....

Why did it take a month before the natural mother reported her daughter missing?

Even after that, it seemed that she was not willing to admit that her daughter was dead. Why?

But, a criminal trial is about "REASONABLE DOUBT", not answering "burning, unanswered questions". If she knew her daughter drowned an the family pool, how could she go out partying and enjoying herself? Too many things just don't make any sense.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Board Icon

The prosecution could never prove solid evidence. Our system worked in this case whether you agree with the verdict or not. What she did afterwards was morally wrong but not against the law besides telling some lies. I'm still curious about the guy who found the body not once but twice in the woods. What's his backstory, why did the cops not go check it out when he first called them about it as he claimed he did? The defense ate him up, he admitted that his friend could have gone and messed with the bag. He claimed he never messed with it himself but how did he know a body was inside it from a distance away a she claimed to be both times?
Old 07-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I thought that she might be convicted just from all the publicity. They never really had a solid case. In fact, they didn't even have a weak case. They don't even know how the child died, so how can they say she was murdered? Casey did act strange, but she seems to have been acting strange for some time. Strange behavior doesn't make someone a murderer. I wondered about the guy who found the body, too Mr. Ford. As far as I know they never questioned him, at least as a suspect. They seem to have zeroed in on the mother from the beginning. I don't know if she actually killed her daughter or not. From the evidence, or lack thereof, she didn't. I don't think that she is smart enough to have pulled of a murder without leaving any evidence.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
I don't think that she is smart enough to have pulled of a murder without leaving any evidence.
But her FATHER.... an ex-cop.... MIGHT be! Not trying to stir up stuff, but.... IF there were any truth to the allegations that he had sexually abused his daughter, (which could explain her strange behavior,) he might have done the same to poor little Caley! And HE is the one that tried to "cover his trail" concerning the duct tape and the gas cans!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't recall hearing anything about her father being an ex cop. That could explain the lack of evidence, if he was involved. It makes sense that he abused his daughter the way she acts. But, with all the lies she has told, you don't really know what to believe and what to question. In any case, there is a little girl who is dead and no one seems to have a clue as to what happened to her. The cops and prosecution just wanted someone to hand this on and Casey was an easy target. They should have pursued other leads, if any existed. The guy who discovered the body should have had more scrutiny, I believe. We may never know what really happened. I wonder how much time she will get for lying to the cops? She has already spend a lot of time behind bars. I do think she needs professional help. I hope she gets it.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

That girl has a face that says "guilty as charged".

I'm glad our courts don't operate that way - just saying.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The cops and prosecution don't even know that the child was murdered. In fact, they don't even know how she died. I don't think the mother should have even been charged based upon the evidence. If you can't prove a murder how can you charge anyone with murder? In order for someone to be charged the police or prosecution should be able to prove that a murder had been committed. It was a media circus. I would say that many do believe the mother killed her daughter, but there is no evidence that she hurt her child. She has lied and was convicted of lying to the police, but they had no evidence that the mother or anyone else murdered the child. Something happened, but there is no evidence of murder.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Senior Board Member

I think that the daughter climbed into the pool and drowned while her mother was partying. When Casey found her, she freaked out and tried to cover it up to appear as if Caylee had been abducted/murdered.

That's my thoughts, anyway.