And I still have to 'press 1'
for English!?!?!?!?
I hope this goes around THE USA
at least 100 times!!!!!
YOU can help it get there!!!!

GO AHEAD - - - BE AN AMERICAN !!!!!!
Gman,
I am going to tell you what happened!!

Are you ready??/ Listen Carefully here it comes.....
It's called...

CHANGE.....
Amazing Change has been around since the beginning of time and will be around long past the day they put you or I 6' under.. ( oh wait I am going to burn )

100 hundred years ago our infrastructure was not as intense as it is today, greed was not as prevelant, and the basis of our country (Freedom of expression)was not pushed like it is in todays world.. All of this is change and you are powerless to stop it so get used to it...
The last few days I have been listening to Radio Classics on Sirius, and you may not believe it but folks used to sit around their homes on a nightly basis and listen to these radio shows back in the 20's to the early 50's and what I have found to be amazing is that the majority of these shows were suspense shows that involved lots of violence and guns and robberies and people shooting other people.. Hmmm this kind of stuff happening on our airwaves back in the 40's I am appaled... yes it may have been a little less graphic then today's violence but it is all relevent as violence is violence..
It is what it is...

The World as you once loved it is gone, I for one like being able to check out all the pretty little pink panties on the web.. I bet you do too the only difference is I am open with my dark desire and the majority of our population likes to hide their dark desires and spout their hatred for those who do such things, do you need any examples of these fine christian folks....

Have a great weekend..

Timberwolf
Old 04-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

How do like the change lately? Not all change is good. Just look at Obama. He did promise change.

At one time people did sit around and watch their radio (literally). They also sat around at watched TV. Both were usually done as a family. There were soap opera's, drama's, and comedies. The Grand Ole Opry was very popular. There was some violence during those times, but it was much different that what we see today. We didn't show bullets entering a body or blood. We used our imagination. It was much different than going on a killing spree while playing a video game.

I hope the world as I knew it is not completely gone. It was a much better place and time when people cared about one another and didn't worry about "what is in it for me." The Bible tells us that "The love of money is the root of all evil." We have seen much of that the last few years. You may like the current changes. I will continue to hope for a return back to personal responsibility, family values, morality and ethics. We all have a dark side. It is part of being human. Even Christians sin, but most of us try to do the right thing. It isn't that Christan's are not tempted or sometimes stumble, but we don't have to give in to temptation. Christian's are not perfect. Life is a choice.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Board Icon

GMAN copied and pasted:

An email about taxes (for the 2nd or 3rd time) titled:

100 years ago... TAXES EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
NOT TRUE. Property taxes existed in Colonial times... not JUST payable to the Crown, but also to LOCAL governments. Postal taxes paid for the post roads and mail delivery. Rum and tobacco were taxed both coming and going. ALL imports were taxed at high levels (passed on to consumers) in the process of protectionism for American production (which basically equated to a "luxury tax" as well as an inventory tax.) Ever hear of the McKinley Tariff Act of 1890???

Quote:
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
That is certainly debatable. At the beginning of WWI, (approx 100 years ago,) America's military was puny. The European countries on both sides of the war were heavily mechanized compared to us, and.... RICH as they were, the "robber barons" of America were upstarts compared to the Aristocratic RICH of Europe!

Quote:
We had absolutely no national debt,
Depending on where you draw the "100 years ago" line.... to enter WWI, we sold War Bonds which incurred "national debt." To help us pay for the war, German-Americans were FORCED to buy war bonds to prove their loyalty and to pay for the war.

Quote:
had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
Nope.... NO "middle class" to speak of at that time! MOMS (and their children) were often forced to work in the factories to put bread (and little ELSE) on the table. Women were even DRAFTED into the war effort for WWI. Even disregarding THAT.... women and children worked the small FARMS in America to make ends meet. Precious little time for education or "frivolities."

Quote:
What in the hell happened?
Well, first came the WAR. That changed what little "personal freedom and comfort" that the American WORKING class might have thought they enjoyed. And the American DEBT started to pile up.

More importantly, Woodrow Wilson and the progressive movement happened! Government began to assume the role for which it was "constituted." And of course, that cost money. The corporate "masters" fell under regulation, labor laws were instituted, and Income and Estate taxes were imposed to narrow the gap between the TWO classes of the time (upper and lower.) The "pursuit of happiness" came within reach of the "average American." Diseases were controlled, national resources were "conserved," Education became a priority, and THEN.... the Middle class began to evolve, and THEN.... America became a more prosperous nation.

Quote:
Can you spell 'politicians!'
This is a strawman argument. Much as I hate them at times.... there was a time when politicians were what stood between the masses and the Aristocracy in America. I shudder to THINK where America would be today if the PEOPLE had never found their voice. America started out to be as Aristocratic and oppressive as ANY European or Third World country in the world.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
How do like the change lately? Not all change is good. Just look at Obama. He did promise change.

At one time people did sit around and watch their radio (literally). They also sat around at watched TV. Both were usually done as a family. There were soap opera's, drama's, and comedies. The Grand Ole Opry was very popular. There was some violence during those times, but it was much different that what we see today. We didn't show bullets entering a body or blood. We used our imagination. It was much different than going on a killing spree while playing a video game.

I hope the world as I knew it is not completely gone. It was a much better place and time when people cared about one another and didn't worry about "what is in it for me." The Bible tells us that "The love of money is the root of all evil." We have seen much of that the last few years. You may like the current changes. I will continue to hope for a return back to personal responsibility, family values, morality and ethics. We all have a dark side. It is part of being human. Even Christians sin, but most of us try to do the right thing. It isn't that Christan's are not tempted or sometimes stumble, but we don't have to give in to temptation. Christian's are not perfect. Life is a choice.
Gman,
I have to tell you (knock on wood) So far this change thing is kicking azz for us.. This past year we almost topped the 100k mark for the 1st time ever. Quite happy about that and expect to add another 10 to 15k more this year which will put us over the 100k mark.. We are able to continue adding to our youngest daughter's 529 account, not to mention both of our personal IRA'S and my 401 k through work. The bills are getting paid and we have a fair amount in the savings account just in case... You may like this part as I am not going to give the credit to My Honarable King Obama but rather to the hard work my wife puts in every day running two AM/PM stores and of course yours truly and the daily drudge I put in.. Every thing in life is relevent as times progress so will the visions you witness.. The only person I know of who has prospered by "living in the past" is Ian Anderson. Look to the future as we embark on a new generation of dysfunctional behavior brought on by the greed of our forefathers and the very freedoms we all speak so highly of and take for granted on a daily basis...

Change Is Inevitable, Growth Is Optional

Acceptance Is Individual...

Timberwolf
Old 04-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am glad that you and your wife are doing well, Kentla. It sounds like you both have a good work ethic. It is important to teach your children how to do for themselves. They learn more by example than by talking. I may be a little nostalgic about the past, but I don't really live in the past. I do adapt to change, as do most people. I may not like the current changes that I am seeing, but I will continue to adapt and survive. Like you said, change is inevitable. I am still hopeful that we can revert back to some of the behaviors and ideals that made this country great. The only thing that we can do is alter the way in which we deal with all the changes. By the way, what is a AM/PM store? A convenience store?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I am glad that you and your wife are doing well, Kentla. It sounds like you both have a good work ethic. It is important to teach your children how to do for themselves. They learn more by example than by talking. I may be a little nostalgic about the past, but I don't really live in the past. I do adapt to change, as do most people. I may not like the current changes that I am seeing, but I will continue to adapt and survive. Like you said, change is inevitable. I am still hopeful that we can revert back to some of the behaviors and ideals that made this country great. The only thing that we can do is alter the way in which we deal with all the changes. By the way, what is a AM/PM store? A convenience store?
Am/Pm is the brand concept that was created by BP, yes it is a convenience store. The wife has been with them since they were corporate BP owned stores well over 6 years now and has gone through two buyouts until a strong company came in and bought the entire Orlando market last year... She is running two stores at the moment while training our oldest daughter to take over eventually. people would be surprised what a GM makes running one of these stores. However her work ethic is second to none haveing grown up on a farm she is all country at heart and able to kick azz in work, while making fresh strawberry jam with Plant city berries, and of course keeping my pink panties nice and soft for me... She's my angel... the fulll package as they say in the bible (I think) she is the woman of my youth...

Timberwolf
Old 04-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

A girl that I went to high school with managed a convenience store for one of the major chains, at the time. I think it was Stop n Go or 7 to 11 stores. I was really surprised when she told me how much she made. Managing one of those stores can be demanding.

Interesting that she keeps YOUR panties nice and soft for you. :rofl: Sorry, I could not resist.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Am/Pm is the brand concept that was created by BP, yes it is a convenience store. The wife has been with them since they were corporate BP owned stores well over 6 years now and has gone through two buyouts until a strong company came in and bought the entire Orlando market last year... She is running two stores at the moment while training our oldest daughter to take over eventually. people would be surprised what a GM makes running one of these stores. However her work ethic is second to none haveing grown up on a farm she is all country at heart and able to kick azz in work, while making fresh strawberry jam with Plant city berries, and of course keeping my pink panties nice and soft for me... She's my angel... the fulll package as they say in the bible (I think) she is the woman of my youth...

Timberwolf
Sorry Timber.....BUT...BP did not "create" the AM/PM brand. Not even close. ARCO developed the AM/PM brand back in 1979, when ARCO (the Atlantic Richfield Company) made the decision to close down east coast and mid-continent operations, and concentrate it's finances and physical resources to operating on just the west coast. That decision (creating AM/PM and only operating on the west coast) saved ARCO, and allowed them to continue to develop Prudhoe Bay.....which was ARCO's first major discovery, after the merger of Atlantic Refining and Marketing and the Richfield Oil Company. Had ARCO not done what they did....ARCO would have been bankrupt in 1981, and would have gone out of existance. AM/PM and it's marketing concept, along with ARCO discontinuing credit card acceptance, saved the company. In the C-store business, the profit is not in the sale of gasoline. The profit is on "In-store" sales. The gasoline is just the draw to get the customer into the store. When ARCO went to "Cash only", customers were forced into entering the store. Once inside the store....they usually bought candy, chips, beer, alcohol, cigarettes and chew........and hot dogs......lot's of hot dogs! All of which generate huge profits.

The reason that ARCO was almost bankrupt in 1979, was it's purchase of The Anaconda Company in 1977. When ARCO bought Anaconda, ARCO agreed to be financially responsible for the environmental clean-up of the smelter in Anaconda MT. Bad mistake. That mistake led to another bad one. Closing down the Anaconda Company entirely.
BP is responsible for those clean-up costs now..............and none to happy about it.

I am certain your wife makes big bucks as a store manager, especially if her stores sell a huge quantity of tobacco products and alcohol products. Cigarette sales alone can generate "bonuses" to each store from the Tabacoo companies, of as much as $36K -$40K each quarter. Beer and wine sales generate the same kinds of "sales bonuses" from manufacturers. Managers typically get a share of "sales bonus money", in one form or another.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Sorry Timber.....BUT...BP did not "create" the AM/PM brand. Not even close. ARCO developed the AM/PM brand back in 1979, when ARCO (the Atlantic Richfield Company) made the decision to close down east coast and mid-continent operations, and concentrate it's finances and physical resources to operating on just the west coast. That decision (creating AM/PM and only operating on the west coast) saved ARCO, and allowed them to continue to develop Prudhoe Bay.....which was ARCO's first major discovery, after the merger of Atlantic Refining and Marketing and the Richfield Oil Company. Had ARCO not done what they did....ARCO would have been bankrupt in 1981, and would have gone out of existance. AM/PM and it's marketing concept, along with ARCO discontinuing credit card acceptance, saved the company. In the C-store business, the profit is not in the sale of gasoline. The profit is on "In-store" sales. The gasoline is just the draw to get the customer into the store. When ARCO went to "Cash only", customers were forced into entering the store. Once inside the store....they usually bought candy, chips, beer, alcohol, cigarettes and chew........and hot dogs......lot's of hot dogs! All of which generate huge profits.

The reason that ARCO was almost bankrupt in 1979, was it's purchase of The Anaconda Company in 1977. When ARCO bought Anaconda, ARCO agreed to be financially responsible for the environmental clean-up of the smelter in Anaconda MT. Bad mistake. That mistake led to another bad one. Closing down the Anaconda Company entirely.
BP is responsible for those clean-up costs now..............and none to happy about it.

I am certain your wife makes big bucks as a store manager, especially if her stores sell a huge quantity of tobacco products and alcohol products. Cigarette sales alone can generate "bonuses" to each store from the Tabacoo companies, of as much as $36K -$40K each quarter. Beer and wine sales generate the same kinds of "sales bonuses" from manufacturers. Managers typically get a share of "sales bonus money", in one form or another.
Hey Orange thanks for the info,
All I knew was that she went to work for BP Corporate back in early 2005 when they opened one of the three stores in my local community complete with the Black Bean Cafe which she was hired on to run, at that time BP corporate started her at 30k a year just to run a small cafe in a gas station. I had no clue how the name came about just assumed it was a BP Thing. I only became aware of them when we moved to Florida as I never saw one in Colorado while I lived there.
The company that is running them now is from Arizona and is operating many stores in Arizona and Atlanta Georgia as well. That is kind of how I got the heads up on Mansfield moving trucks to Orlando to pull their product as they pull the BP's in the Atlanta area and it just seemd like a good fit to move trucks to Orlando in order to pull the BP's plus take back all the contract work they have here. Florida Rock was the seondary carrier for BP as well as pulling 75% of Mansfield's contract work in the Central Florida area so I was able to slide into my job with Mansfield giving my prior experience. It worked out great, another example of how change has worked for us... (knock on wood)

Gman, My wife is an amazing woman, as I said she is country to the core, I would put her country music trivia skills to test with anyone and I am not talking present day, but rather 1940's to the 1980's.. During the Christmas holidays she bakes 8 different types of cookies/ etc and passes them around the neighborhood. Not a fricking holiday goes by that I don't have to climb my azz in the attic and pull out boxes of decorations for the house (I mean ALL HOLIDAYS). She can cook, bake, and clean and takes pride in everything she does, this comes from her upbringing on the farms in Colorado and Nebraska. Our kids and now our granddaughter are able to experience a family setting at most times all due to her sacrifice. and on top of that she stills manages to find a little bit of time for me and my panties.. She is my soul..

Timberwolf

Last edited by Kentla93; 04-18-2011 at 04:46 PM.