Old 02-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southron View Post
The environmentalists have bigger problems to worry about, like stopping Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmaann, Carly Fiorina and Christine O'Donnell.
At least they have their priorities in order. :hellno:
Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
They could have open hunting season on snakes in Florida. Unless they stop them they could spread all over the country. They could sell the meat in restaurants and skins for boots, shoes and belts.
The way they're going about it, it's expected that eventually the pythons will spread upward into TN and across the country about that far north. I'd say put a bounty on the people that are releasing them.

I've got a neighbor that traps animals and snakes and gets them off your property. In the last month, he's gotten 3 pythons, and the longest one was 18 feet. I asked him about catching a mamba. "Catch? No way. But I do have a shotgun."
Yesterday, he showed me pictures of a 6 foot monacle cobra he shot about 3 weeks ago. The venom is actually worse than a king cobra. I don't know what these people have in mind with things like that. It's illegal to shoot someone, but.... Oh, gee... I'm sorry... It was a snake bite. If they've released a venomous snake, charge them with attempted murder. For that matter, Pythons can kill a full grown human as well.

Yeah, put a bounty on the people that are releasing them. I'll go hunting.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer View Post
The only good snake is a dead snake!
That's no joke!
That is why you keep a shovel on your back porch!

Sounds like the snakes are getting out of hand. I wonder how fast they reproduce? Meaning; how long would it take them to over populate. (if that makes sense)
I bet them snakes has the fishermen down there a little nervous..

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
That's no joke!
That is why you keep a shovel on your back porch!

Sounds like the snakes are getting out of hand. I wonder how fast they reproduce? Meaning; how long would it take them to over populate. (if that makes sense)
I bet them snakes has the fishermen down there a little nervous..
I'm not going to try to tell you I heard correctly on TV the other day, but I seems to me that one female snake that lays eggs in spring can be responsible for some 10,000 snakes by the following spring. I know they're catchng lots of little pythons, but I haven't heard about cobras or anything else. They did get the green african mamba. But one wonders just how many more there might be.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
I'm not going to try to tell you I heard correctly on TV the other day, but I seems to me that one female snake that lays eggs in spring can be responsible for some 10,000 snakes by the following spring. I know they're catching lots of little pythons, but I haven't heard about cobras or anything else. They did get the green african mamba. But one wonders just how many more there might be.
I don't know if that figure is correct or not, Windwalker, but I heard a figure once that was unbelievable. I was amazed at how many offspring one snake could produce in a single year.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Board Icon

They're expecting that over time, they will spread up to the TN/KY line, and east and west of there. I don't know about CO or west of there. But, I would expect, from what I've seen and heard, they will find their way all the way to AZ. I don't believe it will happen in my lifetime, but eventually.

They're going to have to require satelite tracking chips to be implanted in to them all when they're imported, so that they and the owners, can be tracked down. It may be too late for pythons, but as far as I know, there are other species that have not made it here... Yet. Look at how the snakehead fish made it here. Now, they're starting to arrest the people responsible. Now... But, the ones that did the damage originally....

Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southron View Post
The environmentalists have bigger problems to worry about, like stopping Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmaann, Carly Fiorina and Christine O'Donnell.
I don't think we really have to much to worry about Sara Palin, Hell if she can't evn remember to sign her application for trademark of her name then it really kind of shows that her mind is not able to be directed in the areas of her life that need the most attention, and some of you guys think she could run our country??/ To funny..

Timberwolf