User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

We been having a rough winter in northwest Texas!
Not as much snow as last winter, but I seen enough! Not as much snow as other places but it's been colder than a well digger's buckle! Highs in the low teens, lows in the single digits, and some places below 0. That's cold!
Last Monday night, it started raining around 10:00, and then turned to snow, shortly after midnight. I tell ya what, last week, Wichita Falls, and surrounding area was a skating rink! Out west Texas, towards Lubbock, they didn't get hardly anything. Monday night/Tuesday morning was nuts. I was the only human out, and I couldn't see a dern thing for the last 50 or so miles. All I could see was white! Along with the 40 mph northern that was blowing this white dust everywhere! I told my boss that I couldn't imagine the daytime guys getting out and delivering in that mess. They didn't work last Tuesday. Neither did I! (Tues night). I have a 4 wheel drive, and I barely got around. There was no way I was gonna take a set of suicide wagons on that stuff! What was funny, 10 miles west, and further west, the roads were clear. I never heard how much we got, but I bet it was a half foot.
We got more of that white stuff today! The forecast was pretty much the same as last week, but from what I can tell, we only got a couple inches. I don't think we have the ice this time. Just powder. I think those salt shakers can work with that!
Ugh!! I'm ready for those 106 degree days!

http://watsonsysco.com/