Old 12-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
We are all foreigners to this country, That is the bottom line. I can trace my family tree back to Colonel John Seward of the Revolutionary War on my grandfather's side, and Joesph Robidoux on my Grandmother's side and I am still a foreigner to this country.. as most likely 99% of this board..
Flush just go out and get a CW Permit that is the best option and the safest you can get to carry a weapon without fear of getting into major trouble, however if you don't do it that way and by chance you get caught carrying as weapon across state lines expect to lose your CDL, your job, with no chance of getting hired onto another company for quite some time if ever again. I carry my 357 with me every where I go with the exception of work because my company does not allow it, but I do have a 3' iron thumper that walks with me while i do my job and it will get used if I ever feel threatend.. However law enforcement frowns on unlicensed/permitted weapons and those caught in violation pay a heavy price.. is it worth it???

Timberwolf
I am a native born citizen of this country, Kentla. Some of my ancestors arrived on the Mayflower and were not native to this new wilderness. Since I was born in American I am not a foreigner. The so called native Americans are also not native to the America's. They were here before the white men.

I don't know where you got your information about carrying a weapon in a truck, but it has nothing to do with your CDL. There is NO law that prohibits anyone from crossing a state line with a gun in a commercial vehicle. I would like to know your source on that information. Some carriers prohibit drivers from having firearms in their trucks. It isn't a law, but a company policy. You could lose your job with that particular carrier, but not your CDL. Each state has different laws concerning firearms. If you violate their laws you could have some problems. but you cannot lose your CDL for having a gun in your truck.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Rookie

u are right kentla ,only manatee allows it ,none of the others do.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
How will they know if you have a gun in your truck? I've never had my truck searched at a port.
hey freebird ,u lucky ,but listen to this ,i was a regular in port everglades a couple years ago,then i got into the flatbed gig wich the way i love,anyways that day i was doing a favor for a friend ,droping a container loaded with cat parts going to colombia,the shipper close early and i had to take it back to the yard,guess what ,there was a custom search that day,and they pull me in and search my ENTIRE TRUCK and in mean all of it including the container,I WAS LUCKY CAUSE THAT DAY I LEFT MY GUN IN MY CAR OTHERWISE ,they would hit the jackpot and have some shady s.....done to me ,point is u ll never know when they ll do it.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I am a native born citizen of this country, Kentla. Some of my ancestors arrived on the Mayflower and were not native to this new wilderness. Since I was born in American I am not a foreigner. The so called native Americans are also not native to the America's. They were here before the white men.

I don't know where you got your information about carrying a weapon in a truck, but it has nothing to do with your CDL. There is NO law that prohibits anyone from crossing a state line with a gun in a commercial vehicle. I would like to know your source on that information. Some carriers prohibit drivers from having firearms in their trucks. It isn't a law, but a company policy. You could lose your job with that particular carrier, but not your CDL. Each state has different laws concerning firearms. If you violate their laws you could have some problems. but you cannot lose your CDL for having a gun in your truck.
hey g as long u have a cw permit u are allowed to carry a gun in ur truck ,but then when u cross state lines the story is different,if u are not licensed for that state u in deep trouble.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightflush View Post
hey g as long u have a cw permit u are allowed to carry a gun in ur truck ,but then when u cross state lines the story is different,if u are not licensed for that state u in deep trouble.
Only IF you are in compliance with state/county/and city law, not to mention if you carrier Say's no to fire arms in the truck your gone if found out. Your choice if you play be prepared to pay!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post

G man if you cross state lines with a weapon that is not registred or have a CW and get caught you will get into trouble that is plain and simple. As far as losing your cdl maybe not but if you have a weapons charge while driving a commercial vehicle do you really think you will find a job after your company sh.t cans you??? So in esscense what good is that CDL??? Yes you are a native to America so am I, So what.... My point was that unless you are an American Indian your family at some point migrated to this country, Flush is an American citizen so he stands right next to you even as a foreigner with the same rights you and I have that is what our fore fathers dreamed of and constructed when wrting the laws of our land which include the Muslims Fuel drivers that I work with here in Orlando who are also citizens of our country..
I enjoy my weapon and this government is not wanting to take it from me contrary to your belief, however I follow all rules/responsibilities pertaining to ownership of my weapons, many Amerikans fail to do such (one bad apple)

Timberwolf
Old 12-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
G man if you cross state lines with a weapon that is not registred or have a CW and get caught you will get into trouble that is plain and simple. As far as losing your cdl maybe not but if you have a weapons charge while driving a commercial vehicle do you really think you will find a job after your company sh.t cans you??? So in esscense what good is that CDL??? Yes you are a native to America so am I, So what.... My point was that unless you are an American Indian your family at some point migrated to this country, Flush is an American citizen so he stands right next to you even as a foreigner with the same rights you and I have that is what our fore fathers dreamed of and constructed when wrting the laws of our land which include the Muslims Fuel drivers that I work with here in Orlando who are also citizens of our country..
I enjoy my weapon and this government is not wanting to take it from me contrary to your belief, however I follow all rules/responsibilities pertaining to ownership of my weapons, many Amerikans fail to do such (one bad apple)

Timberwolf
100% kentla the real owners of this land are AMERICAN INDIAN TRIBES and nobody else ,period.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
100% kentla the real owners of this land are AMERICAN INDIAN TRIBES and nobody else ,period.
And just how far back do we go? What about the south-west, it seems that some Mexicans say they still have a claim on the land.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
And just how far back do we go? What about the south-west, it seems that some Mexicans say they still have a claim on the land.
thats a different ball game ,repete ,those lands where won over battles,winners keep it,even tho i think they do have rights,but no like american indians.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:

You don't need to have a license in each state in which you travel. Most states have some reciprocity with other states. In other words, if you have a permit in Kentucky it may be recognized by other states. New York is the only state that I can think of that doesn't recognize a permit by any other state. And you cannot get a permit in the state unless you live in New York. You need to check laws in your state about the carry permits and those states which recognize your permit. It will vary from state to state.

The carry permit is only for those who wish to carry concealed. If the gun is not concealed it should not be an issue. Again, each state is different. Some states will allow you to have a gun in your vehicle as long as it is out in the open. Other may require that it be in a glove box or some other place that is not visible. If you enter a federal facility that prohibits guns most will allow you to check your gun at the gate and then pick it up when you leave. There may be some who will require you to leave and come back without your gun.

At one time citizens could take a gun onto any military base. I believe it was Jimmy Carter that change the rules where it is a felony to have a gun on a military reservation. People used to have common sense in this country. If you plan on carrying a gun in your truck you may want to check local laws in the states in which you travel to make sure you are in compliance. It is mostly the communist states that might cause you a problem if they found you had a gun in your truck. New York, Massachusetts and California come to mind.

If you plan on having a gun in your truck it would be better to just keep quiet about it. I would not bring it to anyone's attention. Having a gun in your sleeper is like having a gun in your home. A gun in your cab is like having one in your place of business. Unless you bring the subject up you are not likely to have a problem. On the other hand, if you regularly go to facilities which you know in advance that have a prohibition against having weapons on the property, it would probably be best to leave it at home.