Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   thugs also have them and dont need a permit. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/40745-thugs-also-have-them-dont-need-permit.html)

straightflush 12-22-2010 11:06 PM

thugs also have them and dont need a permit.

why are we,the truck drivers ,that all the time roam alone on the hwy ,not allowed to carry our firearm ,even when been given clearance by the federal gvmt.

Malaki86 12-22-2010 11:07 PM

You can - just as long as you have a permit for each jurisdiction you're driving in and your employer, as well as the shipper/receivers allow them.

straightflush 12-22-2010 11:15 PM

that s what i m saying,when you go to a port for example ,you are not allowed to enter with a weapon,nor they provide an option for u to leave it at the gate,and then you lose a load,it sucks man.

GMAN 12-23-2010 02:00 AM

There isn't a law that specifically prohibits anyone from having a weapon in their truck. On the other hand, there are some facilities which do prohibit it, such as ports, military bases and some shippers. If you cross the Canadian border that is also a no no. Frankly, you may need a gun in some of these ports. There are a lot of foreigners driving those container trucks.

straightflush 12-23-2010 06:47 PM

u make me laugh gman ,me being myself a foreigner ???????.anyways this is the story ,how many need to get jumped or killed by this thugs,before the govmt realizes the stupidity of not allowing or providing an alternative to the prohibition of gun possesion in federal and official property,to citizens that have gone thru screening by more than one law enforcement agency,i just dont get it .at the end the gvmt is just giving us working man of america a stone in our way,cause i m not about to go whith out my baby anywhere i need to.

Kentla93 12-23-2010 07:37 PM

We are all foreigners to this country, That is the bottom line. I can trace my family tree back to Colonel John Seward of the Revolutionary War on my grandfather's side, and Joesph Robidoux on my Grandmother's side and I am still a foreigner to this country.. as most likely 99% of this board..
Flush just go out and get a CW Permit that is the best option and the safest you can get to carry a weapon without fear of getting into major trouble, however if you don't do it that way and by chance you get caught carrying as weapon across state lines expect to lose your CDL, your job, with no chance of getting hired onto another company for quite some time if ever again. I carry my 357 with me every where I go with the exception of work because my company does not allow it, but I do have a 3' iron thumper that walks with me while i do my job and it will get used if I ever feel threatend.. However law enforcement frowns on unlicensed/permitted weapons and those caught in violation pay a heavy price.. is it worth it???

Timberwolf

straightflush 12-23-2010 09:25 PM

yeah kentla i know,and i have the cw permit myself but it bug me so much all that crap,see in manatee port here in florida you are allowed to enter with you firearm,why isn t like taht in any other port?and by the way the 357 is gonna be my next baby.and THANKS FOR THE COMMENT.

Kentla93 12-23-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by straightflush (Post 491377)
yeah kentla i know,and i have the cw permit myself but it bug me so much all that crap,see in manatee port here in florida you are allowed to enter with you firearm,why isn t like taht in any other port?and by the way the 357 is gonna be my next baby.and THANKS FOR THE COMMENT.

Port manatee allows you to enter with a weapon?? I have never been there but I know for fact that the Port of Tampa, Port Canveral, and Port Everglades do not allow any weapons. I go in and out of Tampa and Canaveral on a regular basis...

Timberwolf

freebirdrfd 12-23-2010 11:46 PM

How will they know if you have a gun in your truck? I've never had my truck searched at a port.

GMAN 12-24-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by straightflush (Post 491357)
u make me laugh gman ,me being myself a foreigner ???????.anyways this is the story ,how many need to get jumped or killed by this thugs,before the govmt realizes the stupidity of not allowing or providing an alternative to the prohibition of gun possesion in federal and official property,to citizens that have gone thru screening by more than one law enforcement agency,i just dont get it .at the end the gvmt is just giving us working man of america a stone in our way,cause i m not about to go whith out my baby anywhere i need to.

The government doesn't want law abiding citizens to own guns. The government fears those who own guns. Most people assume that the second amendment was designed as a legal means to protect us from those who want to harm us or take our property. In reality, it was put in place as a way for us to protect ourselves from an oppressive government. If the people are armed and can protect themselves, it makes it much more difficult for the government to be so aggressive against the citizens.