User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default EZ Pass for 1 Truck

I am a company driver and have asked my company numerous times why we can't get EZ Pass for the trucks. They never say no but always "Well we are studying it". I am tired of asking and waiting.

Has anyone, company driver or O/O, setup EZ Pass for just their truck? I am sure if I was to get EZ Pass for my truck and submitted a monthly statement, that my company would pay all the authorized tolls(Unfortunately they only pay the for the Indiana Tollroad , Ohio and Pennsylvania Turnpikes, and New York Thruway on a by trip case :-( ).

I have looked at the various EZPass websites(Which one is THE EZPass website?) but I can't figure where to start. I do know that you need to have a account with a positive balance to use EZPass. Is there a National EZPass account or does each state require a separate account? It seems that each state has different administration
fees, so it difficult to understand what it may cost if I don't use EZPass every month.

If anyone has experience with using and paying for EZPass on nationwide bases, your comments would be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Board Icon

No, EZ Pass is good for any state that has EZ Pass or their sister company. My boss has it for his car when they go to New York but he can use it anywhere. Not sure on the details but they make sure they put more than enough on the account to get up and back.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Senior Board Member

I have an I-Pass which is accepted anywhere EZ pass is accepted,you pay 40 bucks fort he transponder and maintain whatever balance you want in your account ( they have a 40 dollar minimum)

you can get all the info here
Tollway Homepage

and the windshield mounted unit works just fine even though they say it doesnt
Old 05-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Senior Board Member

If you decide thaqt you are doing it on your own, go thru the NY website. They seem to have a better handle on it than most other operations.

E-ZPass® New York
Old 05-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
If you decide thaqt you are doing it on your own, go thru the NY website. They seem to have a better handle on it than most other operations.

E-ZPass® New York
That's who I have mine thru. Just set up a commercial account and set up a credit card on file, they adjust the amount deposited into the account based on usage. Mine is currently $640 everytime it gets below $300....ouch! But then again I am spending $100 a day on tolls

Old 05-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
That's who I have mine thru. Just set up a commercial account and set up a credit card on file, they adjust the amount deposited into the account based on usage. Mine is currently $640 everytime it gets below $300....ouch! But then again I am spending $100 a day on tolls

Dammit boy! You be making some $$$ huh! :rofl:
Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM

I don't run the north east so I don't need ezpass but on a similar note I do have regular prepass. It is $16 normal or $13.50 with an OOIDA membership. They offer prepass plus for paying tolls but I think that it is a prepay service for tolls. it is always worth a try if you want to pay tolls and bypass the weigh stations and it is easy to set up for 1 truck or several.

You are a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu, and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist. You were never even born. Anonymity is your name, silence is your native tongue. You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We are "them." We are "they." We are the Men in Black.

We either hang together or we will be hanged seperately. -Benjamin Franklin 1767
Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Dammit boy! You be making some $$$ huh! :rofl:
Gotta spend it to make it.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsknight View Post
I don't run the north east so I don't need ezpass but on a similar note I do have regular prepass. It is $16 normal or $13.50 with an OOIDA membership. They offer prepass plus for paying tolls but I think that it is a prepay service for tolls. it is always worth a try if you want to pay tolls and bypass the weigh stations and it is easy to set up for 1 truck or several.
I already have a PrePass transponder, so could I use that to add EZPass? I believe the box is a Mark IV(blue) model. Of course, I probably not want to do that since if I change company trucks, I would want to take the EZPass with me.

I am going to be in Chicago Monday, so maybe I can get more information while I am in Illinois. Thanks