Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   EZ Pass for 1 Truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/39924-ez-pass-1-truck.html)

danske 05-13-2010 02:54 AM

EZ Pass for 1 Truck

I am a company driver and have asked my company numerous times why we can't get EZ Pass for the trucks. They never say no but always "Well we are studying it". I am tired of asking and waiting.

Has anyone, company driver or O/O, setup EZ Pass for just their truck? I am sure if I was to get EZ Pass for my truck and submitted a monthly statement, that my company would pay all the authorized tolls(Unfortunately they only pay the for the Indiana Tollroad , Ohio and Pennsylvania Turnpikes, and New York Thruway on a by trip case :-( ).

I have looked at the various EZPass websites(Which one is THE EZPass website?) but I can't figure where to start. I do know that you need to have a account with a positive balance to use EZPass. Is there a National EZPass account or does each state require a separate account? It seems that each state has different administration
fees, so it difficult to understand what it may cost if I don't use EZPass every month.

If anyone has experience with using and paying for EZPass on nationwide bases, your comments would be appreciated.

Mr. Ford95 05-13-2010 09:54 AM

No, EZ Pass is good for any state that has EZ Pass or their sister company. My boss has it for his car when they go to New York but he can use it anywhere. Not sure on the details but they make sure they put more than enough on the account to get up and back.

Fredog 05-13-2010 01:23 PM

I have an I-Pass which is accepted anywhere EZ pass is accepted,you pay 40 bucks fort he transponder and maintain whatever balance you want in your account ( they have a 40 dollar minimum)

you can get all the info here
Tollway Homepage

and the windshield mounted unit works just fine even though they say it doesnt

Orangetxguy 05-14-2010 05:20 AM

If you decide thaqt you are doing it on your own, go thru the NY website. They seem to have a better handle on it than most other operations.

E-ZPassŪ New York

mike3fan 05-15-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 480866)
If you decide thaqt you are doing it on your own, go thru the NY website. They seem to have a better handle on it than most other operations.

E-ZPassŪ New York

That's who I have mine thru. Just set up a commercial account and set up a credit card on file, they adjust the amount deposited into the account based on usage. Mine is currently $640 everytime it gets below $300....ouch! But then again I am spending $100 a day on tolls :(

Orangetxguy 05-15-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 480934)
That's who I have mine thru. Just set up a commercial account and set up a credit card on file, they adjust the amount deposited into the account based on usage. Mine is currently $640 everytime it gets below $300....ouch! But then again I am spending $100 a day on tolls :(

Dammit boy! You be making some $$$ huh! :rofl:

shadowsknight 05-17-2010 12:46 PM

I don't run the north east so I don't need ezpass but on a similar note I do have regular prepass. It is $16 normal or $13.50 with an OOIDA membership. They offer prepass plus for paying tolls but I think that it is a prepay service for tolls. it is always worth a try if you want to pay tolls and bypass the weigh stations and it is easy to set up for 1 truck or several.

mike3fan 05-18-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 480941)
Dammit boy! You be making some $$$ huh! :rofl:

Gotta spend it to make it.

danske 05-21-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowsknight (Post 481035)
I don't run the north east so I don't need ezpass but on a similar note I do have regular prepass. It is $16 normal or $13.50 with an OOIDA membership. They offer prepass plus for paying tolls but I think that it is a prepay service for tolls. it is always worth a try if you want to pay tolls and bypass the weigh stations and it is easy to set up for 1 truck or several.

I already have a PrePass transponder, so could I use that to add EZPass? I believe the box is a Mark IV(blue) model. Of course, I probably not want to do that since if I change company trucks, I would want to take the EZPass with me.

I am going to be in Chicago Monday, so maybe I can get more information while I am in Illinois. Thanks