User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Report: 60 Hospitals Canceled Due to New Health Law...

60 Hospitals Canceled Due to New Health Law...

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/64034

The above story has been up for awhile on Drudge, the CNS website is apparently down due to server overload.

If any of you follow this type of news, this is old news. But, from the headline it sounds like they are stopping construction of current projects and not starting new ones.

This proposal was in the original bills being floated before the rats sold us out. Doctors are now prohibited from any ownership in hospitals.

And do a search on the state of health care in MA. The insurance companies are t-ts up due to not getting reimbursed as of this weekend.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Board Regular

60 Hospitals Cancelled Due to Implementation of New Health Law

April 13, 2010 by Tracy Edenloft · Leave a Comment

After the successful passage of the new Health Care Law which aims to have lower costs of health insurance accessible to most Americans, recent reports show that permits to operate of 60 hospitals are in danger of cancellation due to this newly passed Health Care Law.

Accordingly, one of the provisions of this new Health Care Law is that it prevents doctor-owned hospitals from adding more rooms and more beds. The new rules specifically mentioned under Title VI, Section 6001 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act make new physician-owned projects ineligible to receive payments for Medicare and Medicaid patients.

With this, “more than 60 doctor-owned hospitals across the country that were in the development stage will be cancelled. The existing hospitals are greatly affected. They can’t grow. They can’t add beds. They can’t add rooms. Basically, it stifles their ability to change and meet market needs. This is really an unfortunate thing as well, because we are talking about some of the best hospitals in the country,”said Molly Sandvig, executive director of Physician Hospitals of America (PHA).

This is one the many drawbacks of the new Health Care Law. This will definitely hinder employment growth in a country already stricken with high unemployment rate. I think we need some more revisions to the new Health Care Law.

60 Hospitals Cancelled Due to Implementation of New Health Law : World Correspondents
Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
This is one the many drawbacks of the new Health Care Law.
I’m still waiting for someone to list the positives of this thing that doesn’t include more power for the gubermint and the current dictator-in-chief.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
I’m still waiting for someone to list the positives of this thing that doesn’t include more power for the gubermint and the current dictator-in-chief.
everyone will have health coverage, whether they want it or not. (lots of sarcasm there, tons of it) :rofl:

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 04-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Senior Board Member

This is exactly what is wrong with the way the health care bill was handled. They are attacking the symptoms and not the disease. Yes health care costs are rising. Any idea why? My Doctor, who has a small private practice in a town of less than 15,000 people pays over $2 million in malpractice insurance premiums. Of course he has to raise his rates to pay for his own insurance. Imagine what a hospital pays. Which would explain why 1 aspirin costs $9.00.

I think it is the insurance industry that needs to be over-hauled and let the Doctors go back to being Doctors, and not business men who have to assess the risk of every patient before they treat them. The HMO's and PPO's which are run by Insurance Companies have turned medicine into an assembly line where profit is the first order of business and damn those patients who take up too much time..

And Washington completely ignored any kind of torte reform (because politicians are mostly lawyers) which could help reduce Malpractice premiums. Aren't lawyers the ones who have created the mentality that someone else is always at fault (whether true or not) and you should sue them, which makes their insurance go up, which makes them charge more for their services.

It's a vicious cycle and the only ones who win are the Insurance Companies and the lawyers. So why would anyone believe that the lawyers in Washington would do anything to fix that. Nope they found a way to tell us their fixing it for us and making us foot the bill at the same time.

BTW expect the cost of KY to go up too!:moon:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It would be very easy to fix the healthcare situation. Personally, I don't think that we have a healthcare crisis in this country. We do have a litigation crisis. This country is litigation crazy. As long as the lawsuits are allowed to continue as they are then costs are going to remain high and likely to go even higher. Some segments the medical community have either closed their doors or moved into other areas of medicine. It is next to impossible to find an OBGYN in Florida who will deliver a baby due to litigation issues.

Insurance companies dictate what tests may be run and what a doctor may prescribe. It is the doctors who should be in charge of the healthcare of their patients. The insurance companies will do the least they can for the least cost rather than what is right for the patient. Contrary to what insurance companies have reported, I think that this bill could be a boon for the insurance companies. When people are forced to purchase insurance, premiums will go up. There is essentially no competition since everyone must buy insurance.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I think that all lawyers should be banned from entering any hospital or doctor's office. Then, after they have all died out, health care costs can return to a normal level.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
This is exactly what is wrong with the way the health care bill was handled. They are attacking the symptoms and not the disease. Yes health care costs are rising. Any idea why? My Doctor, who has a small private practice in a town of less than 15,000 people pays over $2 million in malpractice insurance premiums. Of course he has to raise his rates to pay for his own insurance. Imagine what a hospital pays. Which would explain why 1 aspirin costs $9.00.

I think it is the insurance industry that needs to be over-hauled and let the Doctors go back to being Doctors, and not business men who have to assess the risk of every patient before they treat them. The HMO's and PPO's which are run by Insurance Companies have turned medicine into an assembly line where profit is the first order of business and damn those patients who take up too much time..

And Washington completely ignored any kind of torte reform (because politicians are mostly lawyers) which could help reduce Malpractice premiums. Aren't lawyers the ones who have created the mentality that someone else is always at fault (whether true or not) and you should sue them, which makes their insurance go up, which makes them charge more for their services.

It's a vicious cycle and the only ones who win are the Insurance Companies and the lawyers. So why would anyone believe that the lawyers in Washington would do anything to fix that. Nope they found a way to tell us their fixing it for us and making us foot the bill at the same time.

BTW expect the cost of KY to go up too!:moon:
Now, along with your research for school, find a list of the major contributors to Obama's campaign. Then look at their job descriptions. See just how many insurance execs, and financial execs donated how much to his campaign. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.:hellno:

Old 04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Now, along with your research for school, find a list of the major contributors to Obama's campaign. Then look at their job descriptions. See just how many insurance execs, and financial execs donated how much to his campaign. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.:hellno:
As if bailing out AIG wasn't enough. If you really look into it you will find that while there are thousands of Insurance Agencies, but only a handful of Insurance Companies. They use different names for different products (ie. Health. Life, Home & Auto) but all of the money funnels back to just a handful of Companies.

I spent years int he Insurance industry and my personal opinion is that it is nothing more than a legalized extortion racket. At least when Al Capone ran Chicago you knew you were covered. ;-)

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Board Icon

I bet a lot more clinics, hospitals, and all kinds of businesses will tell you know who, and the governement to stick it up their nose.

http://watsonsysco.com/