User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

congratulations on retiring WW, new chapters are always exciting!

is this close?

Ingredients
1 egg
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.
Beat together 1 egg, cake mix, and butter for 5 minutes. Mix and pour into prepared pan.
Cream together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, 2 eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour this on top of the cake base.
Bake 35-40 minutes until browned. Cool 15 minutes and cut into squares.

It was listed under "Philadelphia Style Butter Cake" but it sounds to me more like a gooey butter cake. I have a bakery @10 miles from me that does a butter cake with fruit that has a hard crust on it. maybe that's what you're looking for?
Old 12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

forget that first recipe WW, that's the st. louis butter cake. here's the philly style!

philadelphia german butter cake just don't eat too much of it, it sounds really rich!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Board Regular

Good luck to both of you Windwalker and Wildkat!!!!

Lucky you for getting out of this mess that the trucking idustry has become. I would love nothing more than to sell my trucks and do something local, the shape of this industry has made me sick, the price of fuel and everything and these low rates has made it hard to make a decent living, we have one truck paid for and still can't bring in enough money lately to run the business.

I have had enough, I think the days of owner operators is going to be a thing of the past with these rates now, who can afford to own trucks unless you are a bigger company.

I am looking into selling and getting a local job hauling fuel where at least I am going to be paid for everything I do. These new drivers can deal with this OTR crap, I will just have fond memories of the days when this job used to be fun.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight
My forte is writing and if I can just get my foot in the door with someone ready to take a chance on a new writer…
Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
You are a good writer TF. I always enjoy reading you posts, especially when you "take the gloves off." There always the best. Keep at it and you'll get your chance I'm sure.
I especially like when he writes with his "Dark Knight" voice.
RrrahworlaRrrrr growl RRRrrr Rrrr KILL ME?
YouTube - The Dark Knight- Joker Interrogation Scene Spoof

Old 12-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
:lol: :lol:

Thank you so much!

Actually WW... I think I DO know what you're talking about...or at least a close approximation of same... I totally agree with you...ONE is simply NOT enough...I did plan on making some cakes...not the decorated kind...I have no talent or imagination for such thing...BUT I DID plan on making those things...just in a single serving variety...that way you can take home 6...eat 3 on the way home & still say you have "some" when you get there!

:lol2: :lol2:
The topping sort of comes out of the cake when you bake it? Then, when you cut it, it sort of... Oooozes over the side when you cut a piece out? Tastes like butter? If you have a recipe for that, could you PM it to me? Please??? Pretty Please???? I promise to gain 45 pounds in the next 30 days and actually look like a truck driver...

Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Seriously, good on you in your retirement. I hope that I don’t have to wait until I hit mandatory retirement age to do what I want. My forte is writing and if I can just get my foot in the door with someone ready to take a chance on a new writer…
Actually, if you contact a few publishers, you'll find that they will publish it, but will want you to subsidize printing. If the book sells, and they will be printing more, you don't have to subsidize that. It's the first set for a new author that they won't take a chance on. And, if I'm not mistaken, you can also have a say in just where the first printing will be put on sale. Look into it and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck.

Leonard.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Windy, I still question your math.

How about 2+2=4 ? Basic assumption...yet false, as 2+2 can not be universally true to be 4.
Maybe in the abstract world of arithmetic, but in our real world, it can not be universally true.
Two tires and two more tires, will not equal four tires.
Each tire is slightly different from the next. How about taking it to a more precise level?
Two precisely engineered objects, will not equal the sum of two other precisely engineered objects, because of differences at the nano-level.

Math can not be applied to a physical relationship, as it is abstract. It is more philosophy.
The laws of math have been imposed on our reality, in which we base our belief in, yet there are deeper realities, and truths.
We have to separate the analytical truth that 2+2=4 with the empirical process of calculation. The inductive observation that 2+2=4
does not require anyone to observe it to be true. It is true independently of our existence and the existence of space-time and matter.
But further, how do you perceive true laws of mathematics? Do you base it on physical life? or artificial intelligence? A computer would
fry itself on such a simple assumption, where as a human will intuit certain truths. We simply apply a false rule that 2+2=4.
Whenever someone asks the question, we simply always answer 4.

To that we have to ask ourselves, is our application for physical relationship? or philosophy? Pure math? or applied math?
2+2=4......only because we believe it to be so.
Truth is...2+2 does not equal 4.

Un=Un-1+Un-2, or the Fibonacci Recurrence of Whole Numbers, is one example of math formula which can rule the outcome and manifestation of the universe.
Plainly put...the lowest common denominator, can rule the outcome of both man and nature.
Man exists and experiences this universe from the 10 to the zero power perspective. One must convert the electromagnetic power that causes the ionization
and polarization that drives the evolution of all things in this universe to a proportion relative to mans perspective.
One must first quantify the "now" in order to mathematically formulate values of the "before now" or "subsequent now".
To do this, we measure or quantify. That is how we base our reality. We measure everything within time and space, according to our perspectives upon a physical
existence. A second is to the building of mans subjective reality as an atom is to the construction of matter.
The second by second choices made within mans subjective reality which causes it to be as it is in any moment or second.

2+2=4 is only subjective.
It is illogical.... Live Long and Prosper.
(yer gonna need your first trillion for the lawsuits) :lol:

Are you trying to tell me that I'm not old enough to retire yet? That I have to wait another 20 years???? Is that what you are trying to tell me?????

Ok. Let's broaden your bloody math.

How about X=2X+Y, and all are positive numbers. Yes, that's what I said. X is equal to 2 times X plus Y. If either X or Y is a negative number, then it can work. But the fact is that they are doing it everyday, and have been for the last 30 years. Mathematically impossible, but in the world of Physics, as you approach the speed of light...

I've always had kind thoughts for you. Why are you trying to confuse me??? MOM.... Hey MOM.... I need to sit in your lap for while....

Old 12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Windy! Surely you jest! You're pulling a fast one on us!!

Retired truckers don't sleep in their bed at home...they move into their last truck...and sleep at the terminal!!!

Good luck to you!
Thank you Stan. But if you don't mind, I'll let you move into your last truck. I've got my eye on a motorhome. (aka "THE WRESTLE CASTLE") Don't come knockin' if it's rockin'.:thumbsup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
AND.....Good luck to you WildKitty!! Keep us up to date on how the baking is coming along!!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
Thanks Stan...I will!

WW...did the recipe you remember have currants in it?
No, it did not. But I can imagine that they would be really good in there too. At the moment, I just want a recipe with the good butter flavor, then branch out from there.

Ummm... Those recipes you have... Do I just take a short-cut and simply rub them on?????

Old 12-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC View Post
Good luck in retirement and new venture Windwalker. Keep us posted.

Good luck in your venture also Wildkat. It's fun doing different things. Keep us posted as well.

Did I mention that me and TF are brothers Windwalker? err...... Dad
:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: