User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your retirement, Windwalker.
I know you will enjoy it.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Kat, some years ago, in a suburb of Philadelphia, (Foxchase), there was a small bakery shop called "THE DANISH BAKERS". One of the really big items they would sell, I think by the truckload, was BUTTERCAKE. Not the normal recipes, but this gets baked and comes out with a rich buttery topping that slowly oozes down the side when cut and a piece is removed. I've looked online for a recipe that even comes close, and have not found one. But, I'll bet a person could start baking them and selling them, and never run out of customers. I have no idea how many times, if I could have parked the truck in their lot, I would have driven 500 miles out of route just to get one.

My daughter found a recipe that actually did come close, but it was almond flavored. But she said she found it under "BOETERKAKE", or something like that. I simply have not found it.

And, if you have it, and are baking it, I may have to find a way up there to try it... Well, then again... If I did that, I'd have to move up there because just one cake is not enough.:bow:

Best of luck to you too.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

ll the best to you WW. Just be sure not to become a stranger around here.

Congratulations my friend.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Kat, some years ago, in a suburb of Philadelphia, (Foxchase), there was a small bakery shop called "THE DANISH BAKERS". One of the really big items they would sell, I think by the truckload, was BUTTERCAKE. Not the normal recipes, but this gets baked and comes out with a rich buttery topping that slowly oozes down the side when cut and a piece is removed. I've looked online for a recipe that even comes close, and have not found one. But, I'll bet a person could start baking them and selling them, and never run out of customers. I have no idea how many times, if I could have parked the truck in their lot, I would have driven 500 miles out of route just to get one.

My daughter found a recipe that actually did come close, but it was almond flavored. But she said she found it under "BOETERKAKE", or something like that. I simply have not found it.

And, if you have it, and are baking it, I may have to find a way up there to try it... Well, then again... If I did that, I'd have to move up there because just one cake is not enough.:bow:

Best of luck to you too.
:lol: :lol:

Thank you so much!

Actually WW... I think I DO know what you're talking about...or at least a close approximation of same... I totally agree with you...ONE is simply NOT enough...I did plan on making some cakes...not the decorated kind...I have no talent or imagination for such thing...BUT I DID plan on making those things...just in a single serving variety...that way you can take home 6...eat 3 on the way home & still say you have "some" when you get there!

:lol2: :lol2:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Remember a year ago or so, I said I had "DONE IT"? Well, now I will have the chance to put it all together again. This time, it won't be producing hydrogen. The concept that makes the electrolizers more efficient, will make virtually all electrical applications more efficient as well. Fully implemented around the country, it's worth trillions of dollars a year
That reminds me, I was doing some genealogy work over the weekend and I discovered that we’re related. As a matter of fact, I think you might be my dad. DNA tests should be back next week but I think that’s just a formality now. Go ahead and amend your will, please. Thanks.

Seriously, good on you in your retirement. I hope that I don’t have to wait until I hit mandatory retirement age to do what I want. My forte is writing and if I can just get my foot in the door with someone ready to take a chance on a new writer…

Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Remember a year ago or so, I said I had "DONE IT"? Well, now I will have the chance to put it all together again. This time, it won't be producing hydrogen. The concept that makes the electrolizers more efficient, will make virtually all electrical applications more efficient as well. Fully implemented around the country, it's worth trillions of dollars a year. Phase-angle correctors will be obsolete.
Windy, I still question your math.

How about 2+2=4 ? Basic assumption...yet false, as 2+2 can not be universally true to be 4.
Maybe in the abstract world of arithmetic, but in our real world, it can not be universally true.
Two tires and two more tires, will not equal four tires.
Each tire is slightly different from the next. How about taking it to a more precise level?
Two precisely engineered objects, will not equal the sum of two other precisely engineered objects, because of differences at the nano-level.

Math can not be applied to a physical relationship, as it is abstract. It is more philosophy.
The laws of math have been imposed on our reality, in which we base our belief in, yet there are deeper realities, and truths.
We have to separate the analytical truth that 2+2=4 with the empirical process of calculation. The inductive observation that 2+2=4
does not require anyone to observe it to be true. It is true independently of our existence and the existence of space-time and matter.
But further, how do you perceive true laws of mathematics? Do you base it on physical life? or artificial intelligence? A computer would
fry itself on such a simple assumption, where as a human will intuit certain truths. We simply apply a false rule that 2+2=4.
Whenever someone asks the question, we simply always answer 4.

To that we have to ask ourselves, is our application for physical relationship? or philosophy? Pure math? or applied math?
2+2=4......only because we believe it to be so.
Truth is...2+2 does not equal 4.

Un=Un-1+Un-2, or the Fibonacci Recurrence of Whole Numbers, is one example of math formula which can rule the outcome and manifestation of the universe.
Plainly put...the lowest common denominator, can rule the outcome of both man and nature.
Man exists and experiences this universe from the 10 to the zero power perspective. One must convert the electromagnetic power that causes the ionization
and polarization that drives the evolution of all things in this universe to a proportion relative to mans perspective.
One must first quantify the "now" in order to mathematically formulate values of the "before now" or "subsequent now".
To do this, we measure or quantify. That is how we base our reality. We measure everything within time and space, according to our perspectives upon a physical
existence. A second is to the building of mans subjective reality as an atom is to the construction of matter.
The second by second choices made within mans subjective reality which causes it to be as it is in any moment or second.

2+2=4 is only subjective.
It is illogical.... Live Long and Prosper.
(yer gonna need your first trillion for the lawsuits) :lol:

Last edited by Roadhog; 12-10-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Windy! Surely you jest! You're pulling a fast one on us!!

Retired truckers don't sleep in their bed at home...they move into their last truck...and sleep at the terminal!!!

Good luck to you!

AND.....Good luck to you WildKitty!! Keep us up to date on how the baking is coming along!!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Windy! Surely you jest! You're pulling a fast one on us!!

Retired truckers don't sleep in their bed at home...they move into their last truck...and sleep at the terminal!!!

Good luck to you!

AND.....Good luck to you WildKitty!! Keep us up to date on how the baking is coming along!!
Thanks Stan...I will!

WW...did the recipe you remember have currants in it?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Board Regular

Good luck guys! I'm 44 and hung it up this past June, sold the last tractor and two trailers and now loving and living every minute of it! We could not justify it anymore, as it was costing us more to run the truck than it was capable of bringing in, why work for free?

Now, home every day, play the futures and commodity markets and making more than enough to pay the bills and take care of business. Heck, I gave up on looking for work, wife wanted me to at least get a part time job, I think she is jealous.

Now, I finally have time to get stuff done around here, painting and such. I even went out and hung Christmas lights around the house and deck this year. In 15 years I have never done that, always busy and or away. We even had carpet installed yesterday, that is what my wife wanted for Christmas and that is what she got. I ditched my big 2 stage snow blower and picked up a couple of those new Toro Power Clear units, one little one for the deck and one for the drive. Hey, no more coming home to 3 and 4 foot snow drifts anymore, I am here and can now keep up on things. I actually enjoy it, moving the snow, getting the leafs up, cutting the grass, etc... Set up a little golf course, 3 pins with flags, in the back yard for the neighbor kid this past summer. Even got my kegorator working up to snuff, she now pours 36 degree beer right from the tap, happy days are finally here!

The worst part about all of this retirement stuff, if that is what you want to call it, is the fact that I do not want to go anywhere. My wife wants to go on a real vacation, but to tell you the truth, I ain't ready yet. I honestly don't know what I would do on a vacation. I have spent the last twenty years and another five or six before that living out of a bag or a truck. I have that been there done that syndrome.

But, besides all of that, I thank God every day for having the opportunities that I have had and the knowledge that I have gained over the years. I don't know everything, or even allot, but I am able to at least keep a roof over our heads and still live the life that we have become accustomed to living, even in these hard times.

You guys follow your passions, and may God bless you in all of your endeavors, be it that tow truck job that allows you to sleep in your own bed or the bakery. Yes, there is life after trucking.

Mike
Old 12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Good luck in retirement and new venture Windwalker. Keep us posted.

Good luck in your venture also Wildkat. It's fun doing different things. Keep us posted as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
That reminds me, I was doing some genealogy work over the weekend and I discovered that we’re related. As a matter of fact, I think you might be my dad. DNA tests should be back next week but I think that’s just a formality now. Go ahead and amend your will, please. Thanks.
Did I mention that me and TF are brothers Windwalker? err...... Dad

Quote:
My forte is writing and if I can just get my foot in the door with someone ready to take a chance on a new writer…
You are a good writer TF. I always enjoy reading you posts, especially when you "take the gloves off." There always the best. Keep at it and you'll get your chance I'm sure.