User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks. It won't let me make it any bigger so...

I can't find a place to ask - are there any other skins for this forum? The font is so tiny these old eyes can't see it very well.

Thanks for the welcome
Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by classa
New and old members alike, use this topic to take the time and introduce yourself to the other members using this forum board. No need to post a new topic, just post a reply and tell us about yourself.

:aktion057:
I'm new to the industry. Still in training with my sign-on company. I use to be a teacher, but I don't own a gun anymore, so I had to give that up. Besides, all that college education wasn't paying the bills in New Mexico. Just moved back home to Texas and started trucking. Love it! Don't to have to deal with all that hen house B.S. in the schools. If I had it to do over, I'd have done this years ago. Education ain't all it's cracked up to be. Drive safe. S.O.S.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of the south
Quote:
Originally Posted by classa
New and old members alike, use this topic to take the time and introduce yourself to the other members using this forum board. No need to post a new topic, just post a reply and tell us about yourself.

:aktion057:
I'm new to the industry. Still in training with my sign-on company. I use to be a teacher, but I don't own a gun anymore, so I had to give that up. Besides, all that college education wasn't paying the bills in New Mexico. Just moved back home to Texas and started trucking. Love it! Don't to have to deal with all that hen house B.S. in the schools. If I had it to do over, I'd have done this years ago. Education ain't all it's cracked up to be. Drive safe. S.O.S.
Don't disparage your education, no one can ever take it away from you. Now how you choose to use that education is a whole other .

Welcome to the crazy, beautiful world of trucking!

Rebel

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Rookie
Default New Guy

Hi all , My neighbor told me about the page .
Iam getting ready to go to watkins shepard school in Mt , I live in Billings mt and they have a terminal here . I have driven ten wheelers stright trucks and three axle beer trucks for 20 years , Managed a ranch haulled grain and served in the navy from 68 to 72 .
We live in a silver eagle bus and like to travel . Iam not one to stay in one spot to long , At least not at this time in my life. So decided to go to school and learn the trade. My wife owned three trucks and one point in the 90's they hauled sheet rock . She likes the Idea of getting back on the road . Thats it wish me luck Andy AKA Cowboy
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightwy
Hi all , My neighbor told me about the page .
Iam getting ready to go to watkins shepard school in Mt , I live in Billings mt and they have a terminal here . I have driven ten wheelers stright trucks and three axle beer trucks for 20 years , Managed a ranch haulled grain and served in the navy from 68 to 72 .
We live in a silver eagle bus and like to travel . Iam not one to stay in one spot to long , At least not at this time in my life. So decided to go to school and learn the trade. My wife owned three trucks and one point in the 90's they hauled sheet rock . She likes the Idea of getting back on the road . Thats it wish me luck Andy AKA Cowboy
Welcome and Good Luck.

I'd love to be in Montana again!

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Rookie

Hello CAD Members,
I have been lurking around CAD since Sept 2006, back when Flatbed Fred was Flatbedding and GFI was with May. I checked out many of the other trucking forums but this has been the one that has kept my attention and has been, by far, the most helpful.

Now that I am retiring from the Navy in about 10 months, I thought I would finally become an actual member of CAD. I have lurked long enough so now I will be asking some questions as time gets closer for me to enter the industry.

My story:
I am a Submarine Corpsman stationed in Hawaii with 19 years in the Navy. We have lived here in Hawaii for almost 5 years. I will be retiring next Jan. I plan on attending Central Tech in Oklahoma for my CDL. We will be settling down in Oklahoma somewhere east of I-35. My wife is pretty much used to me being away from home. A couple of my kids are just about out of the house and the last 2 are close. Looking forward to the challenges of trucking. Thanks to the members of CAD, I have been able to become a little familiar with a lot of trucking companies in the last 1 ½ years of lurking quietly in the background. The trucking industry looks like it can be tough and one has to pay his dues in the beginning but hopefully it’s not any tougher than submarine life.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Big Welcome Sub Doc,

Hopefully your wife becomes a member too.

It's an honor to be able to say this.....

Thank You both for your time, lives, and sacrifice on a daily basis.....

Trukrswyfe
Old 04-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Rookie
Default bump!

I used to look at this page a lot, when I first started driving, about 2.5 years ago. Just came back to look around, my account was still good so here I am.
Hello to all, old and new.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Rookie

Hello, I'm KP from South Louisiana. I'm 45 and been having a CDL since about 1984. Drove a little cross country back then and left to work in the oilfield. Bought a 1993 Flattop 379 with a dropdeck to run oilfield about 7 years ago. Had drivers on it. Well now due to bad drivers, I have had to keep my regular job and drive the truck on Thurs, Friday, Sat., and Sunday. I work for my brother so he lets me do this.

Oilfield trucks get paid well , when the work is there and its 24 hour call.

Anyhow, I joined just to get a little information when needed and ask questions, as it has been a while since I have been out there.

Thanks "KP"
Old 04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member

I am from Michigan, but will be moving soon. I love this message board and all the shared wisdom.. THANKS!!!