User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Mackman

Keep track of numbers diligently (fuel, maintenance, insurance etc) so you can decide if you want to stick with it. It will destroy your truck. Coat your oil pan with something rust resistant now or it will rust through eventually.

Go ahead, ask me how I know all this.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC View Post
Mackman

Keep track of numbers diligently (fuel, maintenance, insurance etc) so you can decide if you want to stick with it. It will destroy your truck. Coat your oil pan with something rust resistant now or it will rust through eventually.

Go ahead, ask me how I know all this.
Look what i picked up Rosty.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Look what i picked up Rosty.
Start saving for a new truck.

You know I've been thinking lately about selling both my 2003 and 2006 and then going old school. I recently saw a 1975 Ford F250 hiboy for sale, totally restored. No computers just good old fashioned horse power. My wife wants a 57 Cheby.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC View Post
Start saving for a new truck.

You know I've been thinking lately about selling both my 2003 and 2006 and then going old school. I recently saw a 1975 Ford F250 hiboy for sale, totally restored. No computers just good old fashioned horse power. My wife wants a 57 Cheby.
I still think my truck is going to last a long time. Cuz i will be steaming it after every use and the bottom of the truck has a good coating of Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor.

Man you like your old school stuff dont you. High Boys and 359s go hand and hand LOL.:smokin:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
I still think my truck is going to last a long time. Cuz i will be steaming it after every use and the bottom of the truck has a good coating of Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor.

Man you like your old school stuff dont you. High Boys and 359s go hand and hand LOL.:smokin:
I think it all ties in with my mid life crisis. :lol: wanting the trucks I saw as a kid.

Seriously, good luck with the plowing, I wasn't able to plow this year (figures) but I might be back out next year. I love it, I do commercial lots. Once I know where the rough spots are, I crank the radio up and roll through it. :thumbsup:

It has taken it's toll on my truck. That undercoating is going to help you though.