User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anti-Idling enforcement

Does anyone have a video of the Anti-Idling "SWEEPS" going on in Calif, Texas or anywhere else they would be willing to donate to WarOnTruckers? We as American truckers need to show the American People how truckers are treated like criminals just because we want to get a good night/day sleep. This video would be the first thing that visitors to WarOnTruckers would see before going to the blog. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Drivers, this affects us all. If you have a video, just come to WarOnTruckers.com and click on the "Contact Us" tab and send me a message.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzzsolo View Post
Does anyone have a video of the Anti-Idling "SWEEPS" going on in Calif, Texas or anywhere else they would be willing to donate to WarOnTruckers? We as American truckers need to show the American People how truckers are treated like criminals just because we want to get a good night/day sleep. This video would be the first thing that visitors to WarOnTruckers would see before going to the blog. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Drivers, this affects us all. If you have a video, just come to WarOnTruckers.com and click on the "Contact Us" tab and send me a message.
Most of the trucks i see that are idling are doing so regardless of the temperature outside.

If it was up to me, i'd make the fines double what they are now.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
Most of the trucks i see that are idling are doing so regardless of the temperature outside.

So you'd fine me double if I were idling at 20 degrees or 100 degrees?
Old 08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

A freaking BLOG by a bunch of "Truckers", that comes across as whining, is going to get you exactly nowhere.

To make things easier for me, I "cut & pasted" what I wrote on a different thread here on CAD, about this subject.

Maybe you should read it. Follow my advice, get your friends to follow it, and all of their friends as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetxguy
(edited out) Truck idling laws have not been passed by the Fed's. They have all been passed by state legislator's and signed by those State's governor.

Only the truck's cab heater is covered by Federal statute, and that says that the heater must be operable and not allow carbon-monoxide into the cab.

Trucking Company Management and Truck Drivers ALL need to get on the same page, and take the idling issue directly to the DOT departments which cover driver health and truck safety. Those are the FMCSA and the Federal Highway Administration, as well as the National Transportation Safety Board. That is were it needs to start.

A driver being unable to get the mandated rest, as the HOS regulations currently exist, in a comfortable heated or air conditioned cab, is not covered.

The NTSB is the DOT body which handles safety issues. Heating and Air Conditioning inside the cab of the truck should fall within their realm, just as airliner safety and railroad safety does.

It should be brought to the attention of the Department Heads at the DOT, the FMCSA, the FHA and the NTSB, that driver health (this legislation; Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act; A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU) is where driver health is currently the HOT topic) includes a comfortable sleeping environment, as defined by the individual, and his or her personal comfort level requirement, not by a clueless State Legislator.

Driver's need to get the DOT on their side, and the best way to do that, is to LOBBY in an appropriate, and intelligent manner.

Here is the link to safetealu;

Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU)

Something else worth looking over can be seen here;

NTSB - Most Wanted

It is incumbent upon us to inform the DOT that hypothermia and heat exhaustion affect driver health and well being.

Now...How many CAD members, and how many CAD Lurkers, are willing to step up to the plate, and write a cohesive letter to all of the DOT departments I have mentioned, as well as to their Congressional delegation (2 US Senators plus their local US Congress-person)??

If we as truck drivers want to do something in our own defense....THAT is where WE have to and must start.

Instead of doing something sensible, as I have just suggested though, we as truck drivers will continue to sit on our hands and :argue: :argue: :argue:

just sayin. :banghead:

Oh yeah.......another point that could be made to all of the Congress critters. Turning off the heat and air conditioning in ALL FEDERAL, STATE, COUNTY and CITY buildings, not directly used for PUBLIC HEALTH (re: Hospitals), would save the American Taxpayers countless millions of dollars each and every day, and would have a direct effect on "Greening" the environment.

Let them open their windows!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

like that is gonna happen

The link for that thread is here.

And to emphasis, When writing to Congress Critters and Government Agencies, said letters must be written with a clear and concise topic, with proper grammar and correct spelling.

I am not to worried about anyone following this advice.

Last edited by Orangetxguy; 08-30-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Fix da spellin so Fre won't bug me.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post

Perhaps their comfort level is different than yours.

Perhaps they have an electric cooler, like I carry, that contains food stocks which are expensive, and spoil easily. Maybe. Maybe not.

For what lunch meat, cheese, mayo, mustard, milk, etc cost, I will idle my truck and maintain the batteries, so they won't be ruined by the cooler, as well as to keep the cab interior at a comfortable temperature. I like to munch on cold crisp grapes..not hot soggy grapes. :nana:
Old 08-30-2009, 04:36 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
So you'd fine me double if I were idling at 20 degrees or 100 degrees?
If you turn your AC at 50 I'd fine you for sure.....

About 90% of the pilot in Perrysburg ran last night, it was right around there....
Old 08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
A freaking BLOG by a bunch of "Truckers", that comes across as whining, is going to get you exactly nowhere.

To make things easier for me, I "cut & pasted" what I wrote on a different thread here on CAD, about this subject.

Maybe you should read it. Follow my advise, get your friends to follow it, and all of their friends as well.

The link for that thread is here.

And to emphasis, When writing to Congress Critters and Government Agencies, said letters must be written with a clear and concise topic, with proper grammer and correct spelling.

I am not to worried about anyone following this advise.
correct spelling..

I am not too worried about anyone following this advice.
sorry, couldn't resist
Old 08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
correct spelling..

I am not too worried about anyone following this advice.
sorry, couldn't resist
:moon:

:bigcry:
Old 08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
[B]Does anyone have a video of the Anti-Idling "SWEEPS" going on in Calif, Texas
Not sure why there would be sweeps in CA or TX, since in TX, HOS compliance is exempt from idling laws, and in CA, the exemption is called "queuing beyond 100 feet of residential."

Sounds like you're barking up the wrong tree yet again, and helping to spread the misinformation.:thumbsup:
Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
When writing to Congress Critters and Government Agencies, said letters must be written with a clear and concise topic, with proper grammar and correct spelling.
You sure are asking for a lot, aren't you?

Tags
anti-idling