User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson View Post
Let's not forget Gary Ridgway. Convicted of 48 murders, confessed to 71, believed to have killed 90. Most all the victims were prostitutes picked up on the road in the east metro Seattle area. Their bodies were dumped near the Green River Washington area..
Ridgway painted trucks at the Kenworth plant in Renton for thirty years . He is now 60 years old serving time at Walla Walla.

LOL...Gary limited his "Kill Zone" to the Greater Puget Sound region!

The Green River is not a city, but an actual water way, thet stretch's from the Cascade Mtns, down to Elliot Bay, in downtown Seattle.

He also dumped bodies along I-90, Hiway18 in the Auburn area, US2 between Everett and Stevens Pass, and along Hiway 410, between Enumclaw and Mount Rainer National Park.

Her was very proud of the paint jobs he laid, on KW trucks.

Maybe he is a CAD reader! You never know.....He might get out on parole and get a job as a "Local" driver making $85,000 a year! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Old 05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
LOL...Gary limited his "Kill Zone" to the Greater Puget Sound region!

The Green River is not a city, but an actual water way, thet stretch's from the Cascade Mtns, down to Elliot Bay, in downtown Seattle.

He also dumped bodies along I-90, Hiway18 in the Auburn area, US2 between Everett and Stevens Pass, and along Hiway 410, between Enumclaw and Mount Rainer National Park.

Her was very proud of the paint jobs he laid, on KW trucks.

Maybe he is a CAD reader! You never know.....He might get out on parole and get a job as a "Local" driver making $85,000 a year! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks for the corrections. I knew Green River was not a city, just did not clarify that well enough I guess.

Most of his victims were picked up along Washington State Highway 99.

During his confession he did state that all his victims were killed within King County, Washington.

Last edited by Creek Jackson; 05-24-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Well, you certainly elicited a chuckle out of me!:lol:

Now where is Belpre?
Belpre SHOULD be at the Indianapolis Speedway right now... drinking a beer that should be MINE! Another missed opportunity I may regret forever! Hopefully, we will still be friends next year, and he will make the offer again!

I just hope he doesn't claim to have beaten my time with Danica! :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Thanks for the corrections. I knew Green River was not a city, just did not clarify that well enough I guess.

Most of his victims were picked up along Washington State Highway 99.

During his confession he did state that all his victims were killed within King County, Washington.
Yeah... I saw his "Kill Van" sitting on the flatbed tow truck that hauled it from Federal Way, where Gary lived, to the King County impound lot in Seattle.

At one time I lived less than 3 blocks from that piece of work. That was when I had an apartment in Federal Way.

I remember that just before they picked up Ridgway, they also caught a serial killer that lived in Spokane, and was an Army Reserve helicopter pilot. That piece of work killed women nationwide, while he was on "duty postings" and training exercises at various Army Bases.

That guy had a wife and 4 kids as I remember the news stories. 3 girls and a boy. I would not want to be in their shoes. What an ordeal to have to life through.

I wonder...does that make every man in the military a potential "Serial Killer"??

How about that AVC?
Old 05-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc View Post
Now you guys see why GPS is good in this day and age, so are cameras on the dash board that hook up to real time servers.

Outlaws are outlaws no matter what uniform they wear !!!
NO.... I DON'T. GPS, unless it is the driver's choice, is an infringement of my 4th Ammendment rights. Same with dash cams. I DO believe that they should be mandatory for cops and many other public servants (who give UP certain rights with the job.) WE the people, should have a right to protection from those we entrust with GUNS and our safety. But, I want nothing to do with the Orwellian age!

Ever see the movie "Minority Report?" :hellno:

Just for your consideration.... who said the "killer" truck driver (referenced in this or other threads) was an "outlaw" trucker? He might have had the tightest logs in the business! It is not necessary to cheat your logs in order to commit a crime. In fact, the BEST alibi such a killer could HAVE would be tracking devices and EOBR's.

I DO agree that the officer's knowledge of the GPS system might have had SOME deterrent affect in this situation, but I believe it had MORE to do with the rational objections of his wife and fellow officer.

But, it would not have stopped him from perpetrating the crime on an O/O or smaller company driver. His mistake was in thinking only of the deep pockets of WalMart, rather than the smaller company who couldn't afford to "lawyer up" to fight him.

You call them "outlaws" here, but in another thread you called them the criminally insane. And it is true that the uniform doesn't matter. Witness, the soldier in Iraq who last week killed 5 or so of his comrades in arms in a stress clinic, or that Vietnam vet stationed in NC years ago.... can't remember his name.

No.... uniforms don't matter. Experience doesn't matter. Education doesn't matter. Technology probably won't matter in MOST cases. The criminal mind is often "genius" by nature, relative to the technology of the day. What matters is the technology, training and "experience" of those who strive to solve these crimes.... not a government who would try to preclude them by abrogating our civil rights.

I am not willing to give up my PERSONAL rights in the "hope" that it will preclude the criminal mind from taking a life. "I" am responsible for making sure that life is not MINE.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
NO.... I DON'T. GPS, unless it is the driver's choice, is an infringement of my 4th Ammendment rights. Same with dash cams. I DO believe that they should be mandatory for cops and many other public servants (who give UP certain rights with the job.) WE the people, should have a right to protection from those we entrust with GUNS and our safety. But, I want nothing to do with the Orwellian age!

Just for your consideration.... who said the "killer" truck driver (referenced in this or other threads) was an "outlaw" trucker? He might have had the tightest logs in the business! It is not necessary to cheat your logs in order to commit a crime. In fact, the BEST alibi such a killer could HAVE would be tracking devices and EOBR's.

I DO agree that the officer's knowledge of the GPS system might have had SOME deterrent affect in this situation, but I believe it had MORE to do with the rational objections of his wife and fellow officer.

But, it would not have stopped him from perpetrating the crime on an O/O or smaller company driver. His mistake was in thinking only of the deep pockets of WalMart, rather than the smaller company who couldn't afford to "lawyer up" to fight him.

You call them "outlaws" here, but in another thread you called them the criminally insane. And it is true that the uniform doesn't matter. Witness, the soldier in Iraq who last week killed 5 or so of his comrades in arms in a stress clinic, or that Vietnam vet stationed in NC years ago.... can't remember his name.

No.... uniforms don't matter. Experience doesn't matter. Education doesn't matter. Technology probably won't matter in MOST cases. The criminal mind is often "genius" by nature, relative to the technology of the day. What matters is the technology, training and "experience" of those who strive to solve these crimes.... not a government who would try to preclude them by abrogating our civil rights.

I am not willing to give up my PERSONAL rights in the "hope" that it will preclude the criminal mind from taking a life. "I" am responsible for making sure that life is not MINE.
Now...YOU stop that! Your making just far to much sense! :clap:
Old 05-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Now...YOU stop that! Your making just far to much sense! :clap:
Sorry! I'm having a "Conservative" moment! :lol::lol:

Besides.... the Rev apparently has the weekend off, so I am free to play!

Hope you're having a great Memorial Day weekend there, Stan! You guys got all the trees turned right side up yet?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Sorry! I'm having a "Conservative" moment! :lol::lol:

Besides.... the Rev apparently has the weekend off, so I am free to play!

Hope you're having a great Memorial Day weekend there, Stan! You guys got all the trees turned right side up yet?
Oh yeah. Most of them "downers" were turned into cardboard boxes month's ago!!

Having a pleasant MD weekend and hope you are too!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

Seems to me like you, and the rest of us, gave up a few of our rights when we decided to climb into a truck. We're subject to tighter regs than the 4-wheelers, and tighter enforcement. The GPS and camera are a double-edged sword when it comes to things like this, or a rogue driver.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Great post golfhobo, very thought provoking indeed.

I see no problem at all with a dash camera, in fact I love to film my trips when I travel and would love to get a professionally installed dash cam where I could film on demand.

If I was a pro like you guys I would also want a camera on the rear end too !!

I think that GPS is great for many reasons, just like a Lojack device is, because if someone hijacks your truck and kidnaps you to rob your freight, you have a hell of a lot better chance to catch the bastards or it could save you from certain death.