View Poll Results: What has T.K. been doing ?
T.K. bought his own truck and leased on to Marten. 0 0%
T.K. had enough of OTR and works at McDonald's where he works 8 hours and goes home. 5 21.74%
T.K. is still at Marten but his computer broke and he's been without one. 6 26.09%
A previous job recruited T.K. to come back and drive a brand new truck and trailer. 1 4.35%
The goverment recruited T.K. to participate in a study involving stress from 4-wheelers. 1 4.35%
I really don't care what T.K. has been doing. 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Dang, Bel! Are you trying to make me go BLIND?? What did I tell you about those faggish colors??
LOL..Well I'm trying to get a clue Hobo! I'm a bit hard headed at times. You don't know anything about that do ya? BTW..........Welcome to the Club!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Nope. Makes no sense at all. How can one misspell "spell check" when USING spell check? :lol2:
disintegrating sucked all the energy out of me, so i didn't care about the rest :zzz:

no answer yet?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER View Post
Freakin' A. It took me like 10 minutes to put this dumb poll together. Line 2 and 5 has more than 100 characters. Ok delete some then resubmit. Line 5 has more than 100 characters. Ok delete some and resubmit. Line 5 has more than 100 characters.issedoff:
Sorry about that T.K. Seems like this board has a growing cast of characters who are on line 2 or line 5 all the time! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Board Member

I apologize for starting this thread and being a MIA a couple more months. I have been super busy with my job and the fire department and many other things. I've totally lost track of whats doing on CAD. However I don't have much going on this weekend for once and figured I would catch up.

The answer to my poll is..... I went back to my previous job to drive a new truck and trailer. They gave me a good offer where I would make close to what I made at Marten. Since they're down the street from my house and I would be home every day I took the offer. I wasn't really looking to leave Marten but it was a now or never offer. However things haven't been going as planned at all. The purpose of the new truck and trailer and my return was to haul our own scrap metals to various steel mills in the state but shortly after my return metal prices tanked leaving the materials sitting in the yard. After a few months things started moving a little bit but with companies up here looking for work and back hauls they are offering to haul our materials much cheaper than we can haul it ourselves. Since we are also in survival mode it only makes since to save as much money as possible even though we have our own trucks.

I've been stuck doing all the work that made me leave and go back on the road when I was here before. But I'm lucky to be working as they laid off 2 of our 5 drivers a few weeks ago. I still get good hours because there's still certain work that needs to be done. Even with my recent return they kept me on over the other drivers because of my ability to do all the driving jobs we have, roll off, walking floor, etc. I'm just going to ride it out and hope that it gets better. If it doesn't pick up in a couple months I may be out of a job and making a return to OTR as there isn't crap for available local jobs.

Here's a pic of my new truck and trailer. I'm on the Thruway a lot between Rochester and Syracuse so if you see me give me a holler on the CB. It's a 09 Peterbilt 367 with a 485 hp Cummins, 18 speed, 13,200 lb front axle, 46,000 lb rears, it's loaded up which is nice. The trailer is a Steco push out(ejector). It's got a 6 stage hydraulic ram that pushes the blade back unloading whatever and however heavy the material is that is in it. I've hauled garbage in it, scrap metals and railroad ties. I can legally gross 102,000 lbs but the trailer is heavy because it's made for durability leaving a 26.75 ton payload. Later, T.K.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Sorry about that T.K. Seems like this board has a growing cast of characters who are on line 2 or line 5 all the time! :lol2:
:lol2: It took me a minute to get it:lol:
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER View Post
I apologize for starting this thread and being a MIA a couple more months. I have been super busy with my job and the fire department and many other things. I've totally lost track of whats doing on CAD. However I don't have much going on this weekend for once and figured I would catch up.

The answer to my poll is..... I went back to my previous job to drive a new truck and trailer. They gave me a good offer where I would make close to what I made at Marten. Since they're down the street from my house and I would be home every day I took the offer. I wasn't really looking to leave Marten but it was a now or never offer. However things haven't been going as planned at all. The purpose of the new truck and trailer and my return was to haul our own scrap metals to various steel mills in the state but shortly after my return metal prices tanked leaving the materials sitting in the yard. After a few months things started moving a little bit but with companies up here looking for work and back hauls they are offering to haul our materials much cheaper than we can haul it ourselves. Since we are also in survival mode it only makes since to save as much money as possible even though we have our own trucks.

I've been stuck doing all the work that made me leave and go back on the road when I was here before. But I'm lucky to be working as they laid off 2 of our 5 drivers a few weeks ago. I still get good hours because there's still certain work that needs to be done. Even with my recent return they kept me on over the other drivers because of my ability to do all the driving jobs we have, roll off, walking floor, etc. I'm just going to ride it out and hope that it gets better. If it doesn't pick up in a couple months I may be out of a job and making a return to OTR as there isn't crap for available local jobs.

Here's a pic of my new truck and trailer. I'm on the Thruway a lot between Rochester and Syracuse so if you see me give me a holler on the CB. It's a 09 Peterbilt 367 with a 485 hp Cummins, 18 speed, 13,200 lb front axle, 46,000 lb rears, it's loaded up which is nice. The trailer is a Steco push out(ejector). It's got a 6 stage hydraulic ram that pushes the blade back unloading whatever and however heavy the material is that is in it. I've hauled garbage in it, scrap metals and railroad ties. I can legally gross 102,000 lbs but the trailer is heavy because it's made for durability leaving a 26.75 ton payload. Later, T.K.

Good luck young man!