User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I think this gun is a tad too big...

Just watch and see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Senior Board Member

that's NOTHING compared to the .577 t-rex. it's an old video, but a very good, funny one. it was shot in a testing facility somewhere in south africa.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Does a civilian need too own a hand like this? ...What civilian needs .50 cal round hand gun for wardig off an intruder ?...Seems extremely over the top .
Old 12-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Ever seen a Meth head or someone in Roid Rage going off. The USA devolped the .45 round to stop the Phillipino Guerillas we were fighting in the early 1900's why you ask they would get hit with a .38 and keep right no coming. Why they were jacked up on Hashish and other drugs. Besides there is an old saying YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MUCH FIREPOWER. Ask a WW2 tanker which tank they wanted to be in the M4 Sherman with its low velocity 75mm gun or the German Tiger with its 88mm gun that could go thru about anything there was including 3 tanks at one time. The germans called the Sherman the TOMMY COOKER because it was so easy to blow up. Think of Tiger as the M1A2 of its era and the Sherman as the T-72 of the Gulf War you know the one that when hit launched its TURRET INTO THE SKY.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 View Post
Ever seen a Meth head or someone in Roid Rage going off. The USA devolped the .45 round to stop the Phillipino Guerillas we were fighting in the early 1900's why you ask they would get hit with a .38 and keep right no coming. Why they were jacked up on Hashish and other drugs. Besides there is an old saying YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MUCH FIREPOWER. Ask a WW2 tanker which tank they wanted to be in the M4 Sherman with its low velocity 75mm gun or the German Tiger with its 88mm gun that could go thru about anything there was including 3 tanks at one time. The germans called the Sherman the TOMMY COOKER because it was so easy to blow up. Think of Tiger as the M1A2 of its era and the Sherman as the T-72 of the Gulf War you know the one that when hit launched its TURRET INTO THE SKY.

Still stuck on that immaginary roid rage thing you "heard about"...So i'm positive you've never actually been attacked in your house ,and or experienced anythinge else in the post either for yourself , And your military basis for firepower has no basis for civilian defense ...A high power Taser works just fine on a person using any drug ,as it will incapacitate anyone regardless of size/strengh or drug use .
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
A high power Taser works just fine on a person using any drug ,as it will incapacitate anyone regardless of size/strengh or drug use .

I think you need to look into that one. I saw first hand that 2 not 1 but 2 Taser shots to one man(6 ft. 8 in. 350lb.) and he about killed one of the cops before they put a bullet from a .45 in him.

Me I use my .50 to hunt with. Very good guns.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
I think you need to look into that one. I saw first hand that 2 not 1 but 2 Taser shots to one man(6 ft. 8 in. 350lb.) and he about killed one of the cops before they put a bullet from a .45 in him.

Me I use my .50 to hunt with. Very good guns.

Well being 6ft 8 in would not affect the tasing ,and 50k volts will drop a man of 350lbs easily ...I weigh 250lbs now at 5'6 ,and I'm not walking through a 50k volt taser...My workout partner is 6ft 2in 375 ,and he's been tased and was down and it was not even a full 50k ,and the tasing done by a friend ...nice friends huh...Lol...Anyway my firend benches 650lbs ...And the fact is you don't need .50 cal hand guns for protection .
Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Wow - you guys read too much into crap...

I posted that because of the fact that the woman damn near knocked herself out from the recoil of the pistol. That's it - nothing more. Hell, I sold the only gun I've ever owned when I was 21 years old and that was a .22 rifle. The last time I fired a gun was last fall. I fired a 12ga shotgun for the first time since I was about 20. I couldn't move my shoulder or arm for about a week.

And, no, a 50cal would be a HORRIBLE choice for protection. That's why I have 2 dogs at home. They let me know everytime a bird lands in the yard.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

The .50 desert eagle is a fabulous firearm, great for hunting if you can hit anything with that hand cannon. IMHO it should not be even remotely considered for "home protection" as it's round will absolutely go thru any "hostile" and into your neighbor's house and his neighbor's house (et al) doing significant damage along the way.

And Mal, that vid is hilarious
Old 12-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Still stuck on that immaginary roid rage thing you "heard about"...So i'm positive you've never actually been attacked in your house ,and or experienced anythinge else in the post either for yourself , And your military basis for firepower has no basis for civilian defense ...A high power Taser works just fine on a person using any drug ,as it will incapacitate anyone regardless of size/strengh or drug use .
Hate to tell you this Big Jeep I was tazed POST DICTAL according to my Ex-wife. It JUST PISSED ME OFF EVEN MORE. I ended up breaking 2 paramedics arms 2 cops arms 6 ribs on my brother and THEY WERE TRYING TO HELP ME after a seizure. The ER docs were PO at me that night but no charges were filed for one simple reason I was coming out of a seizure and did not KNOW WTF I was doing.