User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Well being 6ft 8 in would not affect the tasing ,and 50k volts will drop a man of 350lbs easily ...I weigh 250lbs now at 5'6 ,and I'm not walking through a 50k volt taser...My workout partner is 6ft 2in 375 ,and he's been tased and was down and it was not even a full 50k ,and the tasing done by a friend ...nice friends huh...Lol...Anyway my firend benches 650lbs ...And the fact is you don't need .50 cal hand guns for protection .
You bring your little tazer and I will bring my real gun and will will have a stand off.

What is the range of that Tazer? I can hit a rabbit at over 50 yards and drop a deer at the same range easily.

Simple fact is that a tazer is a close range weapon at best and if someone gets that close to you then they will more then likely take you down before you can taze them.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

My handgun of choice is a Walther PPK...(preferably....unregistered...teeheehee...it 's a family heirloom). Double action semi-automatic...shorter grip and barrel. Less magazine capacity but VERY concealable. Easy to fire...pinkpuffyheart love...

Humphry Davy

Last edited by BlooMoose; 12-04-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
You bring your little tazer and I will bring my real gun and will will have a stand off.

What is the range of that Tazer? I can hit a rabbit at over 50 yards and drop a deer at the same range easily.

Simple fact is that a tazer is a close range weapon at best and if someone gets that close to you then they will more then likely take you down before you can taze them.

Well most life threatening confrontations are close ...So if they can remove the taser then so can they remove your handgun ...a taser has a range of about 20ft at 160ft per second , so if you can dis-arm me at 20ft your a special man MR .ARMSTRONG ...And your shots at 150 ft (50yrds) is a calm shot try it moving and being shot at ,But at 150ft you're hardly in a life threatnng situation ,as at that distance you stand better chance to run away unscathed from potential attacker than having a shootout .
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Well most life threatening confrontations are close ...So if they can remove the taser then so can they remove your handgun ...a taser has a range of about 20ft at 160ft per second , so if you can dis-arm me at 20ft your a special man MR .ARMSTRONG ...And your shots at 150 ft (50yrds) is a calm shot try it moving and being shot at ,But at 150ft you're hardly in a life threatnng situation ,as at that distance you stand better chance to run away unscathed from potential attacker than having a shootout .
Nope, I don't run. I am a redneck from the word go.

Bang,bang,bang, bang

Daughter: Nice grouping daddy, are them the hollow points?

Son: can I shot the next one

Wife: You aint takin that thing to the taxidermist.

Good luck trying to get close enough to me with your little toy sparkler. I used 50 yards as information for my accuracy with a handgun. But then I am an archer also. 350+ fps with a carbon arrow tipped with a 3 blade broad head coming out of a bow with 70+ lbs draw weight. I practice on pocket gophers with it at up to 40 yards. So yes I am actually deadly accurate up to 70 yards with that also.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Nope, I don't run. I am a redneck from the word go.

Bang,bang,bang, bang

Daughter: Nice grouping daddy, are them the hollow points?

Son: can I shot the next one

Wife: You aint takin that thing to the taxidermist.

Good luck trying to get close enough to me with your little toy sparkler. I used 50 yards as information for my accuracy with a handgun. But then I am an archer also. 350+ fps with a carbon arrow tipped with a 3 blade broad head coming out of a bow with 70+ lbs draw weight. I practice on pocket gophers with it at up to 40 yards. So yes I am actually deadly accurate up to 70 yards with that also.
Well I carry a tire thumper ,and own a couple handguns ,but would rather avoid a shoot out .
Old 12-05-2008, 03:28 AM

The point is that the only person that should decide if a certain firearm is needed is the person purchasing that firearm. It should not be up to anyone else to try and dictate what type of firearm a person needs for anything.

If you want to carry a Tazer then that is up to you but if you were to perfer an AR15 or a 50 cal or some other firearm then that is also your choice and not others.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The point is that the only person that should decide if a certain firearm is needed is the person purchasing that firearm. It should not be up to anyone else to try and dictate what type of firearm a person needs for anything.

If you want to carry a Tazer then that is up to you but if you were to perfer an AR15 or a 50 cal or some other firearm then that is also your choice and not others.
Well that's true ...