User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The American dreams

The American dreams,

I read your posts, and I understand how your job is difficult, I think it's difficult for all truckers to earn money. I am a French trucker, and in Europ is hard too. I'll tell you a little story.( In France, many trucker think the life in America is wonderfull, every trucker drive a Cadillac, your wife drive a Mustang convertible and you live in a big house with pool to California, you earn many money and you are very happy with your children and your dog playing on green grass.) They don't know how your job is harder than our job. They think too, you are driving on the nice road, you can visit Monument Valley, and other natural treasure. Some french truckers dream to drive in U.S. I tell them we are lucky, if I am sick, I stop my truck, I'm going to a doctor, I pay 22 € and my health insurance reimburses me in the 15 days 19 €. I drive 9 hours by day, I must stop to rest 45 minutes after 4h30 driving. I restart for 4h30 and stop for a long rest 11h00. For the week-end, I must stop at 10pm saturday to sunday midnight. my truck is restricted, I can't go faster to 55mph. Our country is small, our travels are short.
Many French still believe in American dream, many French love America, because U.S represents freedom, wealth and hope. What do you think ? Tell me how is hard or not, if you are questions about French or European trucking, ask me ! We can compare our experiences.
Sorry for my english language, I hope you understand me !