User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How does RUSH (Peterbilt) Service Center stay in business?

Monday morning as I was coming into Tulsa my pyro guage started spiking temps up to the redline, at the same time the check engine light came on. I proceeded to RUSH in Tulsa and checked in at about noon. They said, no problem, they were busy but would be able to get on it in a couple hours. 9:30 PM, they finally called me down to the desk and told me that they had hooked the diagnostic computer up and it showed NO CODES, (remember this) and that it had the WRONG program in the ECM and a new program would have to be loaded. Problem was, none of the 2nd shift mechanics were certified to do this. Off to the motel I went. Got up and got back to RUSH about 10 am. They still had not looked at it. Finally at 12:15, they called me, got it reflashed and ready to go. I signed the paperwork, hooked onto my trailer and headed off. Pyro spiked at about 55 mph, got off next exit and returned. The Service Manager's comments were basically, oh, we didn't know you were having pyro temp problems, we thought you were in to get your ECM flashed. I pointed to the repair work order and asked what it stated the problem was. Low and behold, it said pyro temp spiking. Went upstairs to the drivers lounge and set in for another afternoon at RUSH. I checked on the truck at least once an hour (they didn't like that but hey, they weren't exactly giving me any info either). About 4 PM, I was told the 1st shift mechanic that was working on it had gone home and not told anyone the status, that they would have to contact him. They finally got ahold of him about 7:30 and was told what was going on and a 2nd shift mechanic started looking at it. At 10:30 I was informed that it was going to take a new sensor, none in stock, could not be ordered until Wednesday, will get there Thursday. Bad part is that I really don't think it is the sensor. I will bet it is the turbo going out so Thursday when they get the sensor, install it and find it still is messed up they will have to order a turbo.

If it wasn't warranty I'd go elsewhere. How do they keep customers (other than warranty) with customer service like that?

__________________________________________________ __________

thebaldeagle, formally known as thebaldeagle655 but due to numerous attempts to regain that login, the name has been changed to protect the guilty!

Last edited by thebaldeagle655; 10-08-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle View Post
I fit wasn't warranty I'd go elsewhere. How do they keep customers (other than warranty) with customer service like that?
And to top it off, their hourly rate is higher than the competition.

I've been to a Rush Peterbilt dealership exactly once. I will never go back again, ever. I use the JX Enterprises chain of Peterbilt dealerships exclusively now. Unfortunately, they are a very small chain, whereas Rush has spread like a virus throughout the country.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Board Regular

I've dealt with the Rush in Flagstaff many times, they don't sell trucks just repair them, and I've never had a problem. The jobs been done when the say it is, I live 1.5 hrs away, and have never had to go back for a refix. I drive an International and when my EGR went out, they did the job cheaper and faster than International in Phoenix. I would contact corp. if you are an O/O and raise holy hell about the service and problems you an into with that branch.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Board Regular

UPDATE

FINALLY got out of there, 3:30 PM today. Problem is that they said that the ABS light would go out in 30 minutes or more, that they had had to unplug it to make flash the ECM. I didn't think that was right and asked about it but they assured me it would go out. Now I am 320 miles West of there, not only is the ABS light still on but now the check engine light is flashing again. Talked to dispatch earlier, they will get me a load going back to Tulsa early next week. Guess I get to see the sights of Tulsa one more time. If it were just the engine light I would go elsewhere as that will be warranty, the ABS light however, another dealer may not warranty that and not believe that TULSA screwed up and left it on when they released the truck.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
And to top it off, their hourly rate is higher than the competition.

I've been to a Rush Peterbilt dealership exactly once. I will never go back again, ever. I use the JX Enterprises chain of Peterbilt dealerships exclusively now. Unfortunately, they are a very small chain, whereas Rush has spread like a virus throughout the country.

I agree with you rev... JX and especially the Green bay shop is great and the service guys are real nice to deal with. I've always been treated great by tom and the others in the shop.