User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, I guess he was for it, before he was against it.
But if a individual attacks or goes public with their beliefs on a politician they are opening themselves up for a counterattack. They become "fair game" for politicians.

Hey, "old" Teddy has a brain cancer and is probably not long for this world. Might be easy to mispronounce words with a cancer tumor attaching itself around your brain cells.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
The "republicans" use that saying of "Osama" when they are trying to be cute and funny. Thinking a independent or dem might not catch it.
Again, and I will repeat, Palin was picked because she is a woman, to get the disgruntled Hillary votes. She is not the next "great statesman" of our generation. She is window dressing. The "republicans" are using the Bush tactic of the 2004 campaign, give the same speech over and over and over, constant sound bites to be played on the news, of the exact same message over and over and over. Hoping it will sink in and the people will believe it.
Not all of her "accomplishments" she crows about in every shrill speech, is again a rehash of her acceptance speech. And those "accomplishments" have been proven not to be completly as she says.
Now, again, VP has no real power other than being second in the line succession, and is President of the Senate, ceromonial, and casts the tie breaking vote in the Senate, when needed. She sets NO agenda in the Senate. She CANNOT dictate which bill gets heard. The VP very rarely attends proceedings of the Senate. She will be as clueless about the proceedngs and rules of the Senate as she was about the "Bush Doctrine."
Until there is a viable 3rd party in this country, or until the voters vote OUT every single incumbent will there ever be some chance of change that might actually benefit the "working class" of America or the country as a whole.

And THAT is the whole issue in a nutshell! The Politicians/lawyers are in it for THEMSELVES and We The People keep letting them get away with whatever they want to do! Until the majority of voters start sending the message that this isn't good enough it will continue!
Which is exactly why I said I'm running as a "WRITE-IN" candidate. If you vote for one or the other, they take it as your "APPROVAL" of their platform. Not that they stick to the platform, but that's the message to them. If you don't vote, you send no message, and "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS". On the other hand, if I get a number of votes, it's a message to them that ANYONE IS BETTER THAN WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING. That's BAD NEWS and they do not want that. I do not have to win to succeed, but I do need votes. Sort of like a union meeting. The more members you have, the stronger your bargaining position. With enough votes, we can have a serious effect on the next four years. And, if we do that, future elections will not be the same either.

You discuss, argue, and bicker back and forth, but until you are ready to STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES, you deserve exactly what you get. :!: :!: :!:

Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Frankly, I am amazed that anyone would vote for Osama in the first place.
Gman,I thought you were above pandering. You of all people on this board surprise me the most with this kind of nonsense.

It is perfectly acceptable that you don't agree with me or I with you on the issue of who would be best for our country. But dragging yourself into some kind of ridiculous name change game is juvenile. Did you get to pick your name? Or who your Father was?

Your arguments would have so much more merit to them if you did not resort to petty foolishness.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Frankly, I am amazed that anyone would vote for Osama in the first place.
Gman,I thought you were above pandering. You of all people on this board surprise me the most with this kind of nonsense.

It is perfectly acceptable that you don't agree with me or I with you on the issue of who would be best for our country. But dragging yourself into some kind of ridiculous name change game is juvenile. Did you get to pick your name? Or who your Father was?

Your arguments would have so much more merit to them if you did not resort to petty foolishness.
Really doesn't matter if he spelled the name right or not. With the logic that Obama is using, foundering economy, and more taxes... The next time you see someone drowning in a lake, just throw them a BOAT-ANCHOR and everything will be fine. Just take your cue from OBAMA.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Really doesn't matter if he spelled the name right or not. With the logic that Obama is using, foundering economy, and more taxes... The next time you see someone drowning in a lake, just throw them a BOAT-ANCHOR and everything will be fine. Just take your cue from OBAMA.
Yes it does matter. It is foolish and needs to be pointed out. Just like it is foolish to think that the largest national debt in history can be fixed without raising taxes even if he will lower your tax burden.

www.obamataxcut.com

But I suppose facts should not get in the way of your argument.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006
gordo I hate to tell you this the Democrats are doing even worse Obama just attacked a an ABORTION SURIVOR because she is using his RECORD against him. This woman survived a botched abortion that Obama himself here in IL voted against 4 times the IL one of the Federal Born Alive law were if a baby survives an abortion it has to be given live saving Support. Il law was written word for word the same yet he VOTED AGAINST IT 4 SEPERATE TIMES. His biggest supporters here in IL are the abortion docs that did not want to be held responsible for their botched mistakes. Here is the link to the ad. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=75788
Great right wing crazy website source there IE. World net is not even remotely bi-partisan or anything I would use as a source.

You should have used a good bi-partisan source like http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...fanticide.html Which says the same thing...DOH' I had not seen this one before, good catch.

This one is pretty cut and dry, either you are pro-choice or pro-life. If you are pro-choice, Obama=good. Pro-life=Obama bad.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Yes it does matter. It is foolish and needs to be pointed out. Just like it is foolish to think that the largest national debt in history can be fixed without raising taxes even if he will lower your tax burden.

www.obamataxcut.com

But I suppose facts should not get in the way of your argument.
The problem is BELIEVING him. And, I'm afraid I do not.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Board Regular

Again, both candidates are promising to lower taxes. Obama for 95% of the population, now if you're making over $250K a year, agreed you "might" see your taxes increase. Now if you are making over $250K a year, one would assume you are smart enough to have a decent tax accountant that will know where to "hide" your money so you pay far less in taxes. But McCain's cuts are primarily for the top 5% and some others also. Actually McCains tax cuts amount to more actual $ over 10 years than Obama's, but less people, numerically, will realize a tax cut.
Again, we are going to add unknown amounts to the national debt with the Wall Street bailout, maybe into the TRILLIONS more. Congress, today raised the debt ceiling up to $9.3 TRILLION! And it isn't over yet.
Bush gave his tax cut to the top 5%. Basically ignoring the vast majority of the population. Have you seen the national economy get any better? Nope. This year alone the country has lost 605,000 jobs.
76% of our economy is based on consumer spending. Take money away from consumers and the economy collapses. So giving a tax cut would seem the thing to do, BUT... if our great friends and benefactors, the Chinese Communists and the Arabs quit financing our national debt, it is all over anyway.