User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

trux

Ok, "freebies." Now lets hear what "freebies" you are going cut?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
Wow.

Now you need to attack a missing 'r' instead of defend your comment.

Again, for those keeping score at home:

You posted this: You sure wont see mainstream media carry that story...

I showed you two mainstream media outlets carrying the story.

You state that you meant "easily accessible mainstream media, like TV", not just mainstream media.

I failed type an 'r' in the word 'your' when pointing out you were trying to change your position.

You fail to defend yourself.

No one effing cares.
Your right, no one does effing care and no one is keeping score at home because you can't prove a point. You pointed out two outlets of media and called them mainstream. News print has not been mainstream in years. Who wants day old news when you can get it as it's happening from the tv, radio or the internet? I have heard of the the national review but have never visited their website. A bunch of bloggers isn't very mainstream.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Wow. That's all I can say to that.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750 View Post
You pointed out two outlets of media and called them mainstream. News print has not been mainstream in years. Who wants day old news when you can get it as it's happening from the tv, radio or the internet? I have heard of the the national review but have never visited their website. A bunch of bloggers isn't very mainstream.
ROFLMAO!!! Ask Donald Trump if he gets his news from Fox and CNN or from the Wall Street Journal!!

What about USA Today (Gannett)??

The big 3 - 24 hour newschannels are nothing but soundbites being rehashed every hour by another "reporter." :rolleyes: They can't get "indepth" on anything because of time constraints! Not to mention their obvious biases!

If I thought for one minute that the decision makers in this country were taking their clues from Fox and CNN.... I'd.... I'd..... oh wait..... apparently that IS where Dubya gets his info!

Nevermind!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Oh this is gonna leave a mark....so sorry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14294
Old 10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post

You know, Mike.... when Rove was the wizard behind the curtain during the Bush years, I HATED him! In fact, I blamed him for the stolen elections, because Dubya wasn't smart enough to have done it on his own. And during that time, I think I only saw him once briefly on T.V.

But, lately, he has been on many of the political discussion shows I watch, and I have to admit, he is somewhat neutral when it comes to analyzing the race.

No one can doubt his intellectual analysis and command of the political process. And, heck... he's kinda a likeable guy!

I guess it's just refreshing to hear someone give analysis on the race without so much SPIN! I can spin things on my own, thank you very much! I just want to hear an intelligent analysis of the facts.... and I can't help but believe he is giving us that!

I guess, unlike FOXNEWS, he is no longer on the Bush payroll!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post

Karl Rove is clearly a left wing liberal with a hidden aggenda and can't be trusted.
(I would insert a smiley with a tounge in cheek here but still have not figured out the new board)
Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Board Icon

HWD said:

Quote:
If any of you Obama lovers...
I may be an Obama supporter, but I don't LOVE him.

Quote:
... actually paid attention to anything besides the mainstream media, you would find that two of Barry's top campaign advisors contributed to the latest bailout fiasco:
Which is exactly where YOU heard about it!

Quote:
They were both in charge of Fannie Mae at different times, both looted the place for millions and both were directly linked to it's collapse. In fact, one of them had to repay millions due to a court order.
And both of them contributed to BOTH presidential campaigns. If they contributed MORE to Obama's, perhaps it was because they knew his economic plans would help people afford their mortgages, and save their sorry butts from collapse!

Quote:
Then, of course, Hussein gets preferential terms on his mortgage, along with a bunch of other left-wing hypocrites, terms that us simple peon folk couldn't score in a million years.
Yeah.... like no Right-Wing hypocrites in Congress ever got a break on THEIR mortgages from one of their lobbyist friends? :rolleyes:

Quote:
Yeah, the street thug bozo and his imbecile of a running mate are really for the little guy. Whatever.
According to nearly EVERY unbiased political analyst..... yeah.... moreso than McCain.

Quote:
Between Barry's wife being a life-long hateful bitch with matching toxic personality,
A claim REFUTED by nearly every person of either party who has ever interviewed her...

Quote:
his failure to explain his past in anything other than canned narratives,
You must have missed the indepth interview a few weeks ago where he OPENLY explained his youthful actions that he freely admits and disdains.... unlike the continual denials and stonewalling by Dubya on the subject.

Quote:
his dubious relationships with venomous anti-americans,
You mean Bill Ayers, who was part of the anti-government movement that was highly popular at a point when MANY first came to realize that the government was not REALLY here to help us? An organization that planned its attacks so efficiently that not ONE American was killed (except a few who bungled their tasks?) A group that.... at least to THEIR mind.... was following the mandate of the Declaration of Independence to throw off oppressive governments? You mean the guy who has spent the rest of his life working for reform in education for our children? Puhleeze! The association has not proven to be of any consequence, and you betray the constitution of your own party by condemning someone who would take action against a government that you all claim to need "arms" to protect yourself from. :rolleyes:

Quote:
and his promise to jack taxes through the roof on everything,
MORE B.S. that you are buying from YOUR version of the mainstream media! This has been proven to be a lie over and over.... but, you hear only what you WANT to hear. How about McCain's plan to TAX your currently tax free health care contributions on your paycheck?? How do you see the ROLLBACK of tax CREDITS to those who don't need or deserve them as a TAX?? How do you not see his tax credits for the middle class as a reduction in taxes?

Quote:
well, what's not to like? :roll:
Um.... maybe his funny NAME?? One that scares you to the bone? Or his skin color? Or his party? Maybe the only thing that scares you is the B.S. YOU'VE been listening to from the mouthpiece of the administration (FoxNews.)

Or maybe you just don't like change? 70% of Republicans are tired of the way things are under Bush.... and want CHANGE. I just can't imagine what circumstances you live in up there in the rich part of the Carolina mountains that have convinced you that more of the same is good for America. :rolleyes:

There are alot of proud conservative Democrats up there, most of them dependent on jobs that are rapidly disappearing, some of them wealthy. I can trace my roots back to those hills. But, there is also alot of prejudice in these southern states. And the venom with which you attack Obama AND his supporters, and the LACK of proof for what you say, triggers certain memories in my mind of days before and during the civil rights movement. If I've read you wrong in that regard, I apologize. But, your words speak volumes.

You can't debate his politics, so you attack his heritage, associations and patriotism. And you throw in that Tax and Spend mantra that was old ten years ago. The Republicans have no currency in that regard anymore! This country is in deep debt! How do you propose to pay that off? Tax the little man? Or tax the rich?

Last edited by golfhobo; 10-09-2008 at 11:15 AM.