Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Jim it's only 15 minutes
That right there shows your lack of experience. 15 minutes to fuel at a truck stop? Ya, ok. Most drivers LOG 15 minutes but it can take up to 1 hour to fuel and get out of of a truck stop.
The longest I been at a truck stop with a driver waiting to get fuel was about 30 minutes that included fueling, washing the windshield, and getting something to eat! If it took an hour it was cause the fuel islands were full and backed up. I'm done arguing you have your opinion and I have mine!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

[quote="Double L"]
Quote:
Quote:
Jim it's only 15 minutes
That right there shows your lack of experience. 15 minutes to fuel at a truck stop? Ya, ok. Most drivers LOG 15 minutes but it can take up to 1 hour to fuel and get out of of a truck stop.
Quote:
The longest I been at a truck stop waiting to get fuel was about 30 minutes that included fueling, washing the windshield, and getting something to eat! If it took an hour it was cause the fuel islands were full and backed up. I'm done arguing you have your opinion and I have mine!
That's right. You HAVE your OPINION!
You have NO EXPERIENCE in the real world. Everything you say is just that, YOUR OPINION!

Go get a year of REAL WORLD driving and then let everyone know if you still see out of rose color glasses.

Quote:
I'm done arguing you
Someone wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning? Tell me something, how can you argue about something that you have zero years of experience doing?

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 09-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Tell me something, how can you argue about something that you have zero years of experience doing?
So your saying riding with a truck driver and seeing what they do day in and day out for an entire summer doesn't count as experience? I know exactly what they did, they were an otr driver! I may not have driven but to me it's counts for experience. I helped fuel, I helped drop and hook trailers, and I helped do paperwork! Hell I even helped them tarp, untarp, chain, and strap loads down! I call that experience in my opinion cause I done it first hand, it may not have been on daily basis but it's experience!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Tell me something, how can you argue about something that you have zero years of experience doing?
So your saying riding with a truck driver and seeing what they do day in and day out for an entire summer doesn't count as experience? I know exactly what they did, they were an otr driver! I may not have driven but to me it's counts for experience. I helped fuel, I helped drop and hook trailers, and I helped do paperwork! Hell I even helped them tarp, untarp, chain, and strap loads down! I call that experience in my opinion cause I done it first hand, it may not have been on daily basis but it's experience!
And to YOU only that may be experience, but to companies and everyone else, that is not. I rode in a truck for 5 months as a helper with Allied and when it came time for me to get my CDL and be on my own, I HAD ZERO EXPERIENCE!

You have NO real world experience of doing the job on your own, by yourself and go through what drivers go through on a daily bases BY THEMSELVES. Go do it for a year and then tell us if you feel the same. You might, you might not but then atleast you can say that you have experience doing the job and know what we REALLY go through out here everyday.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And to YOU only that may be experience, but to companies and everyone else, that is not. I rode in a truck for 5 months as a helper with Allied and when it came time for me to get my CDL and be on my own, I HAD ZERO EXPERIENCE!

You have NO real world experience of doing the job on your own, by yourself and go through what drivers go through on a daily bases BY THEMSELVES. Go do it for a year and then tell us if you feel the same. You might, you might not but then atleast you can say that you have experience doing the job and know what we REALLY go through out here everyday.
Alright I'll do that then!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Alright I'll do that then!
Ok, I wait four years for your answer(3 years till you can leagally drive OTR for a common carrier and another year for you to get experience :wink: )

Now, when you do get your CDL and get experience driving INTRASTATE, let us know how you are doing and what you think. Like I said, you may enjoy it, then again, you may not.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 PM
BANNED

Looks like I missed some of the fun... :lol:

Two caveats though..... 1) Absolute power corrupts absolutly..

and 2) Maybe the 18 y/o wannabe supertrucker who does not have a CDL, should refrain from dispensing any of his " vast trucking wisdom ", until said 18 y/o wannabe supertrucker who does not have a CDL gets one and gains a few years of experience.....
Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Double R
Quote:
Why not???....Obama does it. :P :lol:
(Sorry, couldnt resist.....I just couldnt let that go :lol: :lol: )
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Double R
Quote:

Hehehehe

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Double R
Quote:
That was funny Drew! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Closed Thread