User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dissapointed with Homeland Security and Hazmat Endorsement

Yesterday I went to DMV and took the test, passing it to add a Hazmat Endorsement to my current CDL. Today I went to the Homeland Security Authorized facility to have me fingerprints and photo taken to have my background check done. At NO TIME did anyone look at any type of Identification. Not at the DMV, not at the fingerprint gathering facility. I did have to show a certified birth certificate at the DMV. It definitely didn't have a picture on it!

I could very well had disqualifying factors in my history and used someone elses name and information to gain this endorsement.

To make it worse, DMV was done on 9/11! 7 years to the date following the reason for this requirement.

I initially thought that if I knew who to contact, I would call and complain but figure the only thing that would happen is that I would have to retest and redo my prints/picture.

I am wrong to be mad at this? I think we all should be mad that our officials are not following a law that is designed to help make our citizens safer!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Board Icon

I'd contact the DMV of your state. That is where the failure was. When I got my HM done, the DMV not only took my old license, but they issued me a new temporary one that day. When I went for the background check, they also checked my ID.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Dissapointed with Homeland Security and Hazmat Endorseme

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655
Yesterday I went to DMV and took the test, passing it to add a Hazmat Endorsement to my current CDL. Today I went to the Homeland Security Authorized facility to have me fingerprints and photo taken to have my background check done. At NO TIME did anyone look at any type of Identification. Not at the DMV, not at the fingerprint gathering facility. I did have to show a certified birth certificate at the DMV. It definitely didn't have a picture on it!

I could very well had disqualifying factors in my history and used someone elses name and information to gain this endorsement.

To make it worse, DMV was done on 9/11! 7 years to the date following the reason for this requirement.

I initially thought that if I knew who to contact, I would call and complain but figure the only thing that would happen is that I would have to retest and redo my prints/picture.

I am wrong to be mad at this? I think we all should be mad that our officials are not following a law that is designed to help make our citizens safer!
Well, you could do like I did... I went to my Congressman and told him about it. He said he would pass the information on to the proper authorities. It was a couple of months before I saw any results, but changes certainly were made.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:05 AM
Board Regular
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Dissapointed with Homeland Security and Hazmat Endorseme

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655

You do suffer one misconception, that I noticed.

Quote:
I think we all should be mad that our officials are not following a law that is designed to help make our citizens safer!
These new programs are to hamstring us citizens, while giving illegal aliens a free ride.

I think it was Trukswyfe, that has a thread about that very thing, today.
Liberals - Relentless, Vile, Sniveling, Whining, Lying, Vitriolic Complainers.