User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99
Did someone ask for the Illinois sex education bill? Okay, click here.
First libne of that bill.....

Quote:
(a) No pupil shall be required to take or participate in any class or course in comprehensive sex education if the pupil's his parent or guardian submits written objection thereto, and refusal to take or participate in such course or program shall not be reason for suspension or expulsion of such pupil.
And seriously, do you honestly believe he wants to teach 5 year olds about sex? If you honestly believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
Hey Rev

The dead can cast votes here in Texas. Ever hear of LBJ? LOL...
Wait until you see how many dead people vote for Obama in Chicago.......

Hey - dead people need representation too. :lol:
Hehehe. Chicago politics have always been 'interesting' to say the least.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw
And seriously, do you honestly believe he wants to teach 5 year olds about sex? If you honestly believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
(105 ILCS 5/27-9.1) (from Ch. 122, par. 27-9.1)
7 Sec. 27-9.1. Sex Education.
8 (a) No pupil shall be required to take or participate in
9 any class or course in comprehensive sex education if the
10 pupil's his parent or guardian submits written objection
11 thereto, and refusal to take or participate in such course or
12 program shall not be reason for suspension or expulsion of
13 such pupil. Each class or course in comprehensive sex
14 education offered in any of grades K through 12 shall
15 include instruction on the prevention of sexually transmitted
16 infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread
17 of HIV AIDS. Nothing in this Section prohibits instruction in
18 sanitation, hygiene or traditional courses in biology.

How can you tech a 5 year old about prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread of HIV AIDS and not explain to them what sex is and how it is performed and how to use protection. I think you already bought the bridge.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Face it, McCain is a serial liar, cheats on his wife and will lie to get in office.(I have no proof, but neither do you)
Yep, and Obama is a pathological liar, cheats on his husband, and molests turtles and the occasional stadium hot dog vendor. (I have no proof, but neither do you).

So, any particularly reason to keep going? :roll:

It's pretty simple. McCain threw a 120 mph fast ball by Obama and Obama is still reeling. Reeling with only 7 weeks to go does not bode well for a campaign. Obama is hurt, he knows it, and he knows that at this rate, he's going to lose the election and probably lose it big. His only chance to break out of the tailspin is to dump Biden and pick up Hillary. But that's a huge gamble in and of itself because while he gets back the Hillary vote, he'll lose a bunch more people seeing it for what it is...pandering. The question is, which becomes the bigger loss?

Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Have you heard the latest attack from Oboma. He is now saying because Mc Cain can not send an use a computer he is not qualified to use a computer. Excuse me Mc Cain had th crap kicked out of him by the NVA for years and it took 6 months before he could even bend his knee after he was released after the Vietnam War. He can not bend over to tie his own shoes lift his arms over shoulder high because of how severely he was tortured. Now Obama is using this to say he can not be the President. Source on this is ABC news. It is in the politics section it is a new Internet add Obama is running.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006
Have you heard the latest attack from Oboma. He is now saying because Mc Cain can not send an use a computer he is not qualified to use a computer. Excuse me Mc Cain had th crap kicked out of him by the NVA for years and it took 6 months before he could even bend his knee after he was released after the Vietnam War. He can not bend over to tie his own shoes lift his arms over shoulder high because of how severely he was tortured. Now Obama is using this to say he can not be the President. Source on this is ABC news. It is in the politics section it is a new Internet add Obama is running.
A link would be nice.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
1.) The first thing would be to have "term limits." No more than 8 years in either the House or Senate combined. A person could spend 8 years in the House, or 8 years in the Senate, or 4 years in the House and 4 in the Senate. There are NO lifetime retirement benefits or pensions. Maybe that way, we could get them out before they learn how to steal too much.
2.) Make campaign contributions only allowed to come from the district which the Representative or Senator resides. In other words, outlaw a company from Maine financing the campaign from someone in Texas. What the hell does a company in Maine or somewhere else, care or know about your community? Answer: None. They just want to buy the vote your congress person holds.
3.) The amount to be spent in each Congressional election is to be determined by those of the district where the election is being held. If your district or congressional area wants to spend 1Mill, fine do it, if it's 20 mill, fine. There are some areas of the country where it is more expensive.
4.) Presidential elections will be financed by the US Gov't. At a set amount. No corporate, PAC, or special interest money allowed. Spend your money too fast and your out of money, tough luck. They need to learn to budget their campaign money as other Americans do every day.
5.) Outlaw foriegn contributions in any US election.

opps, sorry lost my train of thought, damn dog.
Well, heres a start, any better ideas?
I believe you will find that a House of Congress term is 2 years. Yup... Congressmen (and women) must be re-elected every 2 years. Senators get to sit around and socialize for 6 years before they have to worry about how the public feels about them.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006
This would also suggest that nearly half of the voting public is also not qualified to vote. Any idea just how many Americans are computer illiterate? The conversation in: http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=35469
is all too true. I know a whole lot of people that don't even know how to turn a computer on. What a way to cut down on voters.

But, people that know how to use computers tend to let the computer make their decisions for them. And, among some of the farmers I used to know, that meant losing the farm when unexpected expenses came along. Like when WI farmers got hit with an assesment for the MILK MARKETING BOARD. Computers did not help them make up the difference. But the guys that went with their GUT FEELING are still up and running. That's hardly a disqualification for McCain.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Board Regular

Windwalker

Point being, is they can serve 8 years total, how often they run for re-election makes no difference. Might have to change the Senate to 4 year term, then. My cyhpering is off.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Board Regular

I saw the "computer ad" I thought it was a little stupid, not knowing how to use a computer? Well, so what. The idea was to show that McCain is "out of touch" and "behind the times." The young people that saw the ad would agree and vote Obama, however the old folks might find offense and vote McCain. I doubt that ad will change anybodies mind. Whoever wrote the ad, his ad company, shouldn't be paid for that ad, it was poorly written
and was a waste of money.