User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Since you are wondering Hobo...maybe you need to understand where I and many women come from...we struggled HARD to get where we are, not just with MEN but with many WOMEN as well...

FEMINIST...ME???? NOT! Don't you DARE lump me in with those LOONS!

I am offended not by WHAT you said, but by the TONE you said it in...go back & re-read your post...and see how many other WOMEN will be deeply OFFENDED by it.

OK so she has very little experience on the national stage...so what? She is NOT running for President. I would think that experience as a Governor would give her much more experience than a state senator or a US Senator who has been running for President since he got elected to the Senate.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Apparently you aren't as smart as you think you are if you can't see how sexist and degrading a lot of your remarks are. Not just to Palin, but to all women.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Typical Golfbobo blathering.... he is upset because his hope and change candidate is circling the drain...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Board Regular

hmm, what did y'all say...i was thinking about sarah paulin naked again...oh hell i started doing it again. anybody got some lotion and a kleenex?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Board Icon

wildkat said:

Quote:
Since you are wondering Hobo...
I'm NOT! I know pretty much all I need to know about women.

Quote:
maybe you need to understand where I and many women come from.
I do! (or I don't, depending on what word you key on.) If you think I am some 20 yr old kid who hasn't LIVED through, and SUPPORTED Women's rights in THIS country and around the World, you are gravely mistaken! If you are NOT familiar with a man who understands your position, but will give you no more quarter than any OTHER citizen, you are talking to the wrong man.

Quote:
..we struggled HARD to get where we are, not just with MEN but with many WOMEN as well...
You think "I" don't KNOW this? I am one of the biggest critics of the "redneck mentality" in this country that would put every woman in the kitchen and every Black in a harness! I live in the SOUTH for Christ's Sake! Not too mcuh has changed here in over 100 years!

But, i am not FROM here, and I don't share this mentality! Why do you think I crave going OTR to the WEST?

Interestingly enough, on CNN and FOXNEWS this week, I have heard that there are WOMEN who are against Palin, because she is not "barefoot and in the kitchen!" And these were REPUBLICAN women! :shock: :roll:

Quote:
I'll make you a deal. I won't "lump" you in with ANYONE, if YOU will stop making the same assumptions about ME! You are reacting to things I have said based on what you have HEARD on the news about how OTHERS feel, and thieir reasons! You haven't really heard a WORD I've said, without putting it in context with the "majority" that you disagree with!

Quote:
I am offended not by WHAT you said, but by the TONE you said it in...go back & re-read your post...and see how many other WOMEN will be deeply OFFENDED by it.
So, your interpretation of HOW I said it, without audio or smilies, has colored your interpretation of WHAT I said? I don't have to re-read my posts, they are my thoughts, feelings and beliefs. And they are not, nor EVER could be "colored" by sexism or racism, because I don't HAVE those influences in my life! Perhaps, YOU "read" those posts with a "color" of your expectations based on your OWN personal experiences or experiences. That would be YOUR problem...... not MINE!

Quote:
OK so she has very little experience on the national stage...so what? She is NOT running for President.
She's not "running" for anything! She was appinted! If she were "running" for anything, I believe she would be a bit more humble. And... she SHOULD be, even so, considering the circumstances! But, that is not the point. But, to answer your question, McCain is a fairly old man, with two major surgeries to remove CANCER. It is not inconceivable that she could end up BEING the President of the U.S (free world) within her first 4 years! I hope not! I pray for good health for McCain (whether President or not!) but.... that would be my answer to your question of "so what?" :roll:

Quote:
I would think that experience as a Governor would give her much more experience than a state senator or a US Senator who has been running for President since he got elected to the Senate.
And you COULD be right. Several of our BEST presidents have been governors! But, they were not governors with less than 2 years experience as governor, and their states were more "involved" with the problems of the country.

I'm not going to debate the experience issue. She has very little experinece to be V.P.... and Obama has very little experience in the Exectutive branch, either. Neither does McCain for that matter! Nor Biden.

The question of this election is NOT who has the most experience in ANY branch of government, or WHO has spent more years in the Hanoi Hilton. It is about VISION and CHANGE.

McCain wants to be a Maverick, although he has little record that varies from the Bush agenda. Obama promises change, but is unproven. So, what should we do? Trust the future of America to a young man with the vision of JFK? Or relegate it to the party of the last 8 years?

Just to make things clear..... my concerns are with the head of the ticket! Sarah Pallin is of LITTLE import to me! :roll: :lol:

She is being "used" by McCain to rally the moral majority and conservative base that he has alienated. If you don't LIKE the fact that she is being USED..... take it up with your Republican candidate! :roll:

As she stands for everything Obama is against, she will hve LITTLE affect on the election! She is no more a "rock star" than Obama is! This election is about SERIOUS issues.... and she is NOT one!

:roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Another tipsy Sunday on the books.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
wildkat said:

Quote:

Quote:
I do! (or I don't, depending on what word you key on.) If you think I am some 20 yr old kid who hasn't LIVED through, and SUPPORTED Women's rights in THIS country and around the World, you are gravely mistaken! If you are NOT familiar with a man who understands your position, but will give you no more quarter than any OTHER citizen, you are talking to the wrong man.

Quote:
..we struggled HARD to get where we are, not just with MEN but with many WOMEN as well...
You think "I" don't KNOW this? I am one of the biggest critics of the "redneck mentality" in this country that would put every woman in the kitchen and every Black in a harness! I live in the SOUTH for Christ's Sake! Not too mcuh has changed here in over 100 years!

But, i am not FROM here, and I don't share this mentality! Why do you think I crave going OTR to the WEST?

Interestingly enough, on CNN and FOXNEWS this week, I have heard that there are WOMEN who are against Palin, because she is not "barefoot and in the kitchen!" And these were REPUBLICAN women! :shock: :roll:

Quote:
I'll make you a deal. I won't "lump" you in with ANYONE, if YOU will stop making the same assumptions about ME! You are reacting to things I have said based on what you have HEARD on the news about how OTHERS feel, and thieir reasons! You haven't really heard a WORD I've said, without putting it in context with the "majority" that you disagree with!

Quote:
So, your interpretation of HOW I said it, without audio or smilies, has colored your interpretation of WHAT I said? I don't have to re-read my posts, they are my thoughts, feelings and beliefs. And they are not, nor EVER could be "colored" by sexism or racism, because I don't HAVE those influences in my life! Perhaps, YOU "read" those posts with a "color" of your expectations based on your OWN personal experiences or experiences. That would be YOUR problem...... not MINE!

Quote:
OK so she has very little experience on the national stage...so what? She is NOT running for President.
She's not "running" for anything! She was appinted! If she were "running" for anything, I believe she would be a bit more humble. And... she SHOULD be, even so, considering the circumstances! But, that is not the point. But, to answer your question, McCain is a fairly old man, with two major surgeries to remove CANCER. It is not inconceivable that she could end up BEING the President of the U.S (free world) within her first 4 years! I hope not! I pray for good health for McCain (whether President or not!) but.... that would be my answer to your question of "so what?" :roll:

Quote:
I would think that experience as a Governor would give her much more experience than a state senator or a US Senator who has been running for President since he got elected to the Senate.
And you COULD be right. Several of our BEST presidents have been governors! But, they were not governors with less than 2 years experience as governor, and their states were more "involved" with the problems of the country.

I'm not going to debate the experience issue. She has very little experinece to be V.P.... and Obama has very little experience in the Exectutive branch, either. Neither does McCain for that matter! Nor Biden.

The question of this election is NOT who has the most experience in ANY branch of government, or WHO has spent more years in the Hanoi Hilton. It is about VISION and CHANGE.

McCain wants to be a Maverick, although he has little record that varies from the Bush agenda. Obama promises change, but is unproven. So, what should we do? Trust the future of America to a young man with the vision of JFK? Or relegate it to the party of the last 8 years?

Just to make things clear..... my concerns are with the head of the ticket! Sarah Pallin is of LITTLE import to me! :roll: :lol:

She is being "used" by McCain to rally the moral majority and conservative base that he has alienated. If you don't LIKE the fact that she is being USED..... take it up with your Republican candidate! :roll:

As she stands for everything Obama is against, she will hve LITTLE affect on the election! She is no more a "rock star" than Obama is! This election is about SERIOUS issues.... and she is NOT one!

Now that I have time to sit & think & not to use YOUR words let emotion & feminist retoric rule what I think

...this "Alberta Redneck" has things to do on Sundays... I do WOMAN things like bake....Cause my HUSBAND likes it & I ENJOY it!

Your first sentence pretty much says it all....

You stated that she has AMBITION...and you used it in the CONTEXT that it was a BAD or EVIL thing...YOU did this, I wasn't the only one offended by it...but I noticed Reb edited her comment...I wished she would have left it alone, it was a good one...she has a much better way with words than I do.

I also noticed that you conveniently ignored when I quoted what I found offensive in your post directly and explained how it would be offensive to women.

What I DID notice about the media reports on her was mostly very negative from LIBERAL women...how can you be a mother & a VP? I don't even have a NICE word for that comment...I guess it's ok to be a career woman as long as you are a liberal woman? Then they question her abilities as a MOTHER...What does that have to do with being a VP????

Maybe cause I am from the North I can see where Mrs. Palin is coming from...we are definitely DIFFERENT up here.

But what I just don't get is all this jumping to conclusions & making judgements before anybody REALLY knows what she's all about.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 09-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
wildkat said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now that I have time to sit & think & not to use YOUR words let emotion & feminist retoric rule what I think

...this "Alberta Redneck" has things to do on Sundays... I do WOMAN things like bake....Cause my HUSBAND likes it & I ENJOY it!

Your first sentence pretty much says it all....

You stated that she has AMBITION...and you used it in the CONTEXT that it was a BAD or EVIL thing...YOU did this, I wasn't the only one offended by it...but I noticed Reb edited her comment...I wished she would have left it alone, it was a good one...she has a much better way with words than I do.

I also noticed that you conveniently ignored when I quoted what I found offensive in your post directly and explained how it would be offensive to women.

What I DID notice about the media reports on her was mostly very negative from LIBERAL women...how can you be a mother & a VP? I don't even have a NICE word for that comment...I guess it's ok to be a career woman as long as you are a liberal woman? Then they question her abilities as a MOTHER...What does that have to do with being a VP????

Maybe cause I am from the North I can see where Mrs. Palin is coming from...we are definitely DIFFERENT up here.

But what I just don't get is all this jumping to conclusions & making judgements before anybody REALLY knows what she's all about.

OH WOW!! I like to look at pics of Sarah Palin but those pie pics are even better.

Apple pie, D,OH!! :shock:

Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

LOL Scoe...See I learned a LONG LONG time ago the best way to a man's heart is through his stomache!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Golfhobo I use3d to consider myself a Moderate Democrat. However once I saw the Direction that Howard Dean Nancy Ploesti Baroack Obama and Here in my own state of IL Rod Blagoavich were taking the party I switched over to the GOP yes they are wore on the Right Wing of Politics however they do not want to ban everything and anything that tastes good or might be fun from your life unlike the PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Here in our household the roles are reversed do to my Epilepsy and my wife works outside the home however we both bust our butts raising our kids together. Yet when Palin was nominated to be Mc Cains VP the stuff I heard on the Radio and saw online made me want to puke especially about her 17 year old daughter. I have a niece that had a child as a teen and she is raising him on her own. Her child was the product of a crime not love.

You remind me anymore of a shirt I saw around Chicago during the IL Primary that was plain and to the point Bro's BEFORE HO'S Barack Obama own campaign put that out.