User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Obama thinks the election is in his favor!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/...l_pr/cvn_obama

I don't see it being in his favor, he is saying McCain voted 90% of the same stuff Bush voted on! He should know the President can't control what goes into law or what doesn't. Yeah he can vetoe a bill but congress can easily over rule that with a majority vote! Obama really isn't impressing me anymore cause he is using the same old tired speeches he used his entire campaign...Change, Change, Change, Change! :roll: Feel free to be hard on me cause I know I stepped over the line but ya know this is America and I have every right to form an opinion even if you disagree! :wink:
Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Default Re: Obama things the election is in his favor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_obama

I don't see it being in his favor, he is saying McCain voted 90% of the same stuff Bush voted on! He should know the President can't control what goes into law or what doesn't. Yeah he can vetoe a bill but congress can easily over rule that with a majority vote! Obama really isn't impressing me anymore cause he is using the same old tired speeches he used his entire campaign...Change, Change, Change, Change! :roll: Feel free to be hard on me cause I know I stepped over the line but ya know this is America and I have every right to form an opinion even if you disagree! :wink:
I don't disagree. I NEVER liked Osama and never will. A drug dealer turned street activist from Chicago? Yeah, whatever. That's all it takes to be president? What the hell is a street activist? Is that code for someone too lazy or stupid to score a REAL job?

Even if I liked the guy I would still respect your right to assert a different opinion. If someone says they like him, well, I'll say what I think but I won't call them names because they favor a total dufus - a dufus who is the most leftist candidate to ever have a shot at the White House. I'll call Osama names but not the opinion giver.

Besides, this is an internet message board. For entertainment purposes and banter only. Some take what they read on these things way too seriously. If you "stepped over the line" or "offended" someone with your opinion it's *their* problem, not yours.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Hell I'll give him kudos for growing enough balls to run but he isn't fit for such a position. But honestly with McCain picking Palen as his running mate Obama lost the election hands down in my opinion. Again the only reason Obama is popular is cause he is like the Elvis Presely of the 21st Century cause of his speechs but it doesn't mean he'll deliver on his promises but the same holds true for McCain but Obama doesn't have a lick of experience at all and that alone scares me especially with us being in a war right now and alot of stuff happening around the world.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Obama thinks the election is in his favor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_obama

Would you like to check the roll call in the congressional record and see just how often Congress has the 2/3 present to vote and override the veto? Very seldom. When they should be voting, they're the "guest" of a lobbyist in the Bahamas, or Barbados, or somewhere. Not present... No QUARUM.

Way back when the news media was first saying that Obama was one of the people to watch for this election, before he and Clinton announced that they were candidates, I did not like what I was hearing from him.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

After listening to Palin's acceptance speech last night, the dems have got to be scrambling for damage control. I'm not saying the election is in the bag for Republicans (2 months is 2 months), but they've completely swung the momentun in their favor and Obama is left looking like a washed-up never-was.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Senior Board Member

I have to agree TF. That was one hell of a pick. I can see middle America warming up to her real quick. Even those on the far right are happy now. Heck I would like to see her in the #1 spot.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I also agree. Palins speech was fantastic.
I was driving last night and was chomping at the bit to get stopped to watch it. Got stopped just in time to see Rudy tear up Obama. Then Palin. This is fantastic.
If the win the election I can see in 4yrs (Maybe 8), Palin will be headed for the number 1 spot.
Another observation....She doesnt wear Pant Suits. Now thats class.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I have to agree TF. That was one hell of a pick. I can see middle America warming up to her real quick. Even those on the far right are happy now. Heck I would like to see her in the #1 spot.
I agree, and I'm thinking that when the time comes, she will get to the number one spot too.

For those that did not have a chance to listen to her, and I'm one of them, I found her speech. Very impressive. I've copied some excerpts:

Quote:
I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.
We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.

========================================
Politics isn't just a game of clashing parties and competing interests.
The right reason is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it.
========================================
Sudden and relentless reform never sits well with entrenched interests and power brokers. That's why true reform is so hard to achieve.
But with the support of the citizens of Alaska, we shook things up.
And in short order we put the government of our state back on the side of the people.
I came to office promising major ethics reform, to end the culture of self-dealing. And today, that ethics reform is the law.
While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.
That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay.
I also drive myself to work.
And I thought we could muddle through without the governor's personal chef — although I've got to admit that sometimes my kids sure miss her. I came to office promising to control spending — by request if possible and by veto if necessary.
Senator McCain also promises to use the power of veto in defense of the public interest — and as a chief executive, I can assure you it works.
Our state budget is under control.
We have a surplus.

=======================================
And despite fierce opposition from oil company lobbyists, who kind of liked things the way they were, we broke their monopoly on power and resources.
As governor, I insisted on competition and basic fairness to end their control of our state and return it to the people.
I fought to bring about the largest private-sector infrastructure project in North American history.
And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly forty billion dollar natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence.
That pipeline, when the last section is laid and its valves are opened, will lead America one step farther away from dependence on dangerous foreign powers that do not have our interests at heart.
The stakes for our nation could not be higher.

=========================================
And families cannot throw away more and more of their paychecks on gas and heating oil.
With Russia wanting to control a vital pipeline in the Caucasus, and to divide and intimidate our European allies by using energy as a weapon, we cannot leave ourselves at the mercy of foreign suppliers.
===========================================
Our nominee doesn't run with the Washington herd.
He's a man who's there to serve his country, and not just his party.
A leader who's not looking for a fight, but is not afraid of one either. Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the current do-nothing Senate, not long ago summed up his feelings about our nominee.
He said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain." Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man. Clearly what the Majority Leader was driving at is that he can't stand up to John McCain. That is only one more reason to take the maverick of the Senate and put him in the White House.
My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer.
I LIKE what I'm hearing and reading about her.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Yep, she's tough and balls to the wall, but she doesn't have to play at being a man like the Hillary's and Pelosi's of the political world. The more I hear and read about her, I'm utterly convinced she is the best pick he could have made.

She is far stronger than Obama on all fronts and the fact that she's not a Washington trough-hog like Biden, makes her a perfect pick. I think with McCain running the show, she'll simply get stronger and come '12 elections, she will likely be in the #1 slot.

I've said for a long time that America is ready for a black or woman president...just not Obama or Hillary. Palin, on the other hand, fits the bill quite nicely.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Yep, she's tough and balls to the wall, but she doesn't have to play at being a man like the Hillary's and Pelosi's of the political world. The more I hear and read about her, I'm utterly convinced she is the best pick he could have made.

She is far stronger than Obama on all fronts and the fact that she's not a Washington trough-hog like Biden, makes her a perfect pick. I think with McCain running the show, she'll simply get stronger and come '12 elections, she will likely be in the #1 slot.

I've said for a long time that America is ready for a black or woman president...just not Obama or Hillary. Palin, on the other hand, fits the bill quite nicely.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not only all that...Did you see them thar legs?? :twisted: :twisted: :P

Awesome woman.....McCain better watch his P's & Q's.

She knows about "Center-mass!" targeting!