User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DOT was nice to me!!!!

The other day (yesterday) I was on my way to Phoenix Az. from SLC, Ut. and I had plenty of time on the load so I decided to take a different route than I should of but anyways at the POE (port of entry) in Utah/Az border on I-15 they were pulling everyone in the scales so I pulled in at 10mph. and they had a big sign saying "DRIVER APPRECIATION WEEK" so I was like ehhh whatever everyone says that. So I'm about 50ft. from scales and notice that all the DOT officers are outside under a little canopy handing out little goodie bags!!! So I pulled up and the officers says "thanks for all you do" with a big old coffee stained smile, I said your welcome in a hesitant manor. I dont know I was just kinda surprised I have never been through something like this before, so I took my bag and went on my way. Opened it up and it had lemonade, apple, cherry pie and twinkie in it(like we need that).
So that was kinda cool to me, guess it's better than always bein uneasy when you cross the scales, and dont kid yourself you know you get nervous even though you KNOW your weight is legal when crossing the scales!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

all the dot officers i've had spoken with have been cool dudes. even in california. had a roadside level 3 credentials inspection near salina, ut on super bowl sunday. when the guy giving the inspection noticed that i play(ed) world of warcraft, he went from being all business and paperwork to chatting about which faction he plays on, the pvp server he's on, and fun stuff to do to others such as griefing, corpse camping, etc..... my inspection ended without any violations.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

With all the fines they hand out through the year, I would think they could afford something like COUNTRY-FRIED STEAK for appreciation week... Then again... Ask for too much and you won't get anything... :roll:

Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

That's cool- sure beats having massive vehicle inspections for driver appreciation day.

That's funny that they put a Twinkie in there. You'd think it would be all "healthy snacks." Maybe the folks at that POE do appreciate truckers!

I've been through the AZ POE wb on I 10 before when someone inside was having a good day. It was a slow day and they were putting personalized messages up on the overhead sign for each truck. "Have a good day, Prime!" "Drive safe, Mercer." That kind of stuff. This was a long time ago and I never saw it again. Pretty cool.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 AM

August 24-30th was Trucker Appreciation Week!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 AM
Senior Board Member

A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him...he headed back down the 15 to vegas later on and on the southbound side he got a Dove ice cream bar from the DOT guys!