Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default the good old USA

Mack Trucks sold to Vovlo
Anheuser-Busch sold to Inbev.
Tyson takes away labor day.

What is happing to the good old USA???

This kinda shit really pisses me off. I wish i was born back in the good old days. :evil:

Does this stuff bothers anybody else like it bothers me??

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Senior Board Member

It bothers me, but you need to look deep into WHY these things are happening. Ridiculous legislation making doing business in the USA unprofitable and undesirable, uncharted growth of the global market moving the worlds manufacturing into developing countries where labor and material are cheap, where legislation doesn't exist that cripples the economy in our country, and where companies can practically get away with murder. Couple this with America's insatiable desire for more choice at a cheaper price with an attitude of 'who cares where it comes from as long as it is cheap and I think I need it'. Don't blame Wal-Mart, blame the American people who 'choose' to spend their money on the things that are destroying this country, and blame the legislators whom have no idea how economy works, and who cater to special interest groups who's interests are far from that of the interests of our country.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't forget Freightliner, Western Star, and Sterling being apart of Damiler as well which is German. I was really worried when Volvo bought Mack cause there was rumors going around that they were gonna run Mack out of business! To this day I still don't approve of it and I think the reason behind Volvo buying Mack was Mack's finances or something, I forgot. I don't agree with jobs being taken out of our country and taken overseas but you got to understand the reasoning is mostly cause they don't want to pay the taxes that our country has and plus they have to confine with EPA regulations that other countries probably don't have, so it's cheaper for them and plus why waste the money to pay American workers who will demand more when they can hire some suckers from another country to do it for 5 cents a day? You can't blame anyone but the government for this and this has all started since Nazi Bush has got into office. He outsourced so many jobs in his 8 years to where I don't see how in God's green earth he won a 2nd term, it really scares me.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
You forgot to mention that Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star, Jeep, Chrysler (until recently), Plymouth, and Eagle have been owned by Daimler-Benz, and that Winchester was owned by Herstal Group (Belgium) until they shut Winchester down.

On the flip side of the coin, though, look at how many foreign companies are owned by American corporations, to include some landmark companies. Take, for instance, Jaguar and Land Rover, which were owned by Ford until Ford sold them to Tata Motors of India. Ford also owns the car manufacturing subsidiary of Volvo. PACCAR owns Foden (which they shut down in 2006) and DAF. Wal-Mart owns ASDA in the UK, and established its business in Canada and Mexico by running other indigenous companies out. And there are countless other examples, but, the thing of it is that it's just the nature of the global market. The buying and selling of foreign companies is nothing new.. in facts, it's old news. You only seem to be aware of two takeovers of American companies by foreign investors, and utterly oblivious to the fact that it's nothing new, whatsoever, and, if it is cause for alarm, then I'm afraid yours has come well after the fact.

On a more positive note, this cloud does have a silver lining. Now that Anheuser-Busch has been bought out by a company which knows how to make real beer, good things are bound to come 8)

Quote:
This, on the other hand, is much more interesting. Where does this story come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
You can't blame anyone but the government for this and this has all started since Nazi Bush has got into office. He outsourced so many jobs in his 8 years to where I don't see how in God's green earth he won a 2nd term, it really scares me.
You err in a couple areas. Bush did not himself outsource any jobs while executing the duties of the presidency. He had no authority to. The decision to outsource jobs was made by business owners, and it has been going on since long before W got into office. It happened during Clinton's time in office, as well. Simply put, there was nothing either of them could've done about it, because businesses in America are not state-owned - they are privately owned.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Good point Jeff and I really don't remember the Clinton years I just remember the Bush years.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: the good old USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman

Does this stuff bothers anybody else like it bothers me??
Well I could lie to try and be patriotic but the reality of it is, nobody forced these companies to sell out. They did it out of their own free will, and hell I probably would too. Get Millions & Billions of dollars to own the company and put up with bullshlt/headaches or get millions & billions of dollars to sell out and have no more headaches. Thats a no brainer to me.

However, I will be pissed is budweiser starts to taste like shlt!

Adapt and overcome.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheTerrible
Quote:
This, on the other hand, is much more interesting. Where does this story come from?

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71218

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Tyson should start handing Pork products. :lol:

Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Tyson should start handing Pork products. :lol:
Tyson does do pork
Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
I don't see how in God's green earth he won a 2nd term, it really scares me.
You know what scares me?!?!??!!?

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA LALA

Get it???
Thank your lucky stars he won the 2nd time!

Your right though...Kerry probably would've been so much better. In that case, he wouldnt've outsourced the jobs...We'd just have no money left in our pockets (COUGH TAX HIKES COUGH) to purchase what these jobs produce.

Use liberals as target practice.
I'm out.

Adapt and overcome.