User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I know for a fact that in WV you have to take in your current medical card and long form medical in order to get a renewal. I just renewed my cdl in may and I had to have both.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member

I guess these figures from the NHTSA didn't fit into their agenda:

Statistics about the vehicles involved in police-reported motor vehicle crashes are presented in this chapter,
according to six major vehicle types: Passenger Cars, Light Trucks (including pickups, vans, and utility vehicles
with a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less), Large Trucks (including single-unit trucks and truck
tractors with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds), Motorcycles (including motorcycles,
mopeds, and motorscooters), Buses (including school buses and transit buses), and Other Vehicles (including
all-terrain vehicles, farm and construction equipment, and motorhomes). The tables and figures are presented for
all vehicle types first, then by individual vehicle type. Below are some of the vehicle statistics you will find in this
section:

ONearly 95 percent of the 10.6 million vehicles involved in motor vehicle crashes in 2006 were passenger cars or light trucks.

OLarge trucks accounted for 8 percent of the vehicles in fatal crashes, but only 3 percent of the vehicles involved in injury crashes and 4 percent of the vehicles involved in property-damage-only crashes. Of the 4,732 large trucks involved in fatal crashes, 74 percent were combination trucks.

OThe proportion of vehicles that rolled over in fatal crashes (21.6 percent) was 4 times as high as the proportion in injury crashes (5.3 percent) and 15 times as high as the proportion in property-damage-only crashes
(1.4 percent).

OCompared with other vehicle types, utility vehicles experienced the highest rollover rates in fatal crashes (35.1 percent) and in injury crashes (9.8 percent). Large trucks experienced the highest rollover rate in
property-damage-only crashes (2.6 percent).

OFires occurred in 0.1 percent of the vehicles involved in all traffic crashes in 2006. For fatal crashes, however,
fires occurred in 3 percent of the vehicles involved.

ORegardless of crash severity, the majority of vehicles in single- and two-vehicle crashes were going straight prior to the crash. The next most common vehicle maneuver differed by crash severity: negotiating a curve for fatal crashes, turning left for injury crashes, and stopped in traffic lane for property-damage-only crashes.

OMotorcycles in fatal crashes had the highest proportion of collisions with fixed objects (24.9 percent), and buses in fatal crashes had the lowest proportion (2.3 percent). 2006 Motor Vehicle Crash Data from FARS and GES

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Board Icon

Well I can only somewhat speak for VA here. My license isn't up for renewal until July 2011 while my medical card is due for re-upping in May of 2010. I will have had 3 physicals before my next license renewal and unless the doctor's office sent DMV a copy then I reckon they have no idea if I'm fit or not until 2011 when I have to show it to them in person.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Senior Board Member

but unless your and independant o/o many companies will make you get it renewed on time or park the truck till you do
Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Board Regular

The original report was written by the govt. Accountability Office on orders from Congress according to OOIDA

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 07-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Board Regular
Default Thanks a lot for that post

Rebeldarlin. You should post a link if you can (or did i miss it). Ive had to explain why there are so many trucks on the road and why currently theres nothing anyone can do about it- rail simply wont work now with Just in time etc. I've explained that 4wheelers cause 2/3'ds of accidents with trucks etc etc. If you just keep posting the facts backed by documentation people eventually get it and even help refute the bs.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Thanks a lot for that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid
Rebeldarlin. You should post a link if you can (or did i miss it). Ive had to explain why there are so many trucks on the road and why currently theres nothing anyone can do about it- rail simply wont work now with Just in time etc. I've explained that 4wheelers cause 2/3'ds of accidents with trucks etc etc. If you just keep posting the facts backed by documentation people eventually get it and even help refute the bs.
No I didn't list a link because it is a PDF file. If you go to this page...at the bottom To access the 2006 Annual Assessment click here.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site...wType=standard[/url]

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln