User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Here Comes Dolly!

Just an advanced warning for any drivers coming into the Central or South Texas area over the next few days!

Tropical storm Dolly is churning away in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico and expected to reach hurricane strentgh by this time tommorow! Still too early to tell for sure the expected landfall, but current predictions are around Brownsville, TX - the National Hurricane Center is expected to update at 4 p.m. this afternoon!

Keep you eyes and ears open for updates if coming into this area!

If evacuations are ordered in the South Texas area, all main highways become North bound only! US 77, US281, IH 37, US181, IH 35 - well, you get the idea! Going south bound will be near impossible on the main roads, and not advised anyway! Traffic too the San Antonio and North points will be heavier than usual!

Plan your trips carefully, so you do not get stuck in Dolly's path!

Updates can be found at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml#DOLLY or tune into any NOAA weather service broadcast!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA