Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajritter04
Found a video from one of the other local stations:

http://www.koat.com/video/14206020/index.html
After watching this video, and found that the flag was taken down by a US veteran.....a 30 year old student who HAS SERVED with the US military, I believe that this is nothing more than some bull$hit that the younger, Mexican students who form this group is using to get some attention. The guy inform the Dean of the school, and nothing was done, so he did what he was suppose to.

I now, more than ever, believe that his actions were correct. And I feel sorry for all of you who don't.....

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josborn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Sorry, Folks!!

We all live under the same Constitution; the same rules, the same protections apply to all of us.

Our Constitution allows for peaceful protest, but that is not the issue here.

The heart of the issue is that neither the flag pole, nor the flag, nor the property upon which it was flying belonged to the person who took the flag down and disposed of it.

To protest the decision of UNM?? I'd support that.

Had the student simply removed the flag an not disposed of it??

I would consider that to be a justifiable act of civil disobedience.

To remove the flag AND dispose of it??

IMO, that crosses the line that separates peaceful protest and civil disobedience from unlawful conduct, and destruction of someone else's property based upon political disagreement.

On a larger scale, consider the environmental radical who have burned down lumber yards to protest companies practices of tree harvesting. Although on a much smaller scale, the principals here are the same.
He didn't make a public burning.....he probably just threw it away. The original owners of the flag didn't raise the issue, some damn Mexican social group did.

Josborn:

How the flag was disposed of is not an issue. He confiscated the flag unlawfully, and he disposed of it unlawfully.

As far as your shallow remarks about "some dammed Mexican group", your bigotry is screaming.

Now, had the owners of the flag raised a stink, I would have gone along with it because of it being "personal property". But they didn't.

It's always some damn group sticking their nose into $&!+ that doesn't even concern them......if they wanted the flag so much, they should have claimed it for themself. They didn't even care enough to tend to it the next day.....it was a couple of weeks before they even heard what has happen.

So yes, it should have been brought down, and disposed of as GARBAGE SINCE NO-ONE WAS THERE TO CLAIM IT.

As I stated, if he had removed the flag and returned it to the administration, I would agree with you.

Because to be truthful about, that's all that flag was at that point. Liter on a flagpole. The guy was right. And he was doing his country a favor....by cleaning up after the Mexican had their celebration.

Man you sure do hate Mexican and Hispanic people, don't you!!!

You, sir, are so very wrong. :evil: :evil: :evil:

How ironic it is that you want to wrap youself up in the American flag, and trash the Constitution that the American flag supposedly represents!!

Vote RepubliKKKan, Josborn!!

It's a hellu'va lot easier than thinking!!
:P
Old 03-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I agree with you Cluggy that man needs a pat on the back for a job well done.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Senior Board Member

This is simple.. this in no way was this person's right to DO anything like this.. you have the right to be disgusted, you have the right to voice your displeasure, you have the right to make a complete ass of yourself. The instant that you decide to steal someone else's property, you are pi**ing on this same constitution that is supposedly so important to you. He doesn't deserve anything but to get arrested and pay restitution for the items that he stole and destroyed. In court he can whine about the flag all he wants too.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Senior Board Member

How come nobody gets arrested when the Mexicans were burning the US flag during their big protest last year. They must have pictures of Bush bent over.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM

I found this interesting..........

1 There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.

2. All ballots will be in this nation's language.

3.. All government business will be conducted in our language.

4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how Long they are here.

5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6 Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No Welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government Assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an Amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners come here and buy land... Options will be Restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are Reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving Of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies. These will lead to deportation.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be Actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your Deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

Harsh, you say?.......

<>The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

As much as I agree with the reasoning behind the guy doing what he did, I have to agree with Fozzy and Useless. The guy went about it the wrong way. Yeah, he'll garner some cheers for his actions and I applaud his patriotic feelings, but he took what did not belong to him and disposed of it.

For example, I can't stand seeing the political signs for Obama or Hitlery and if I decided to set fire to them in someone's yard, I might earn some cheers, but would also earn myself some trouble.

This guy did the same thing. Yeah, a lot of people are going "hell yeah!", but the law is the law. There were other ways to be effective here.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon
How come nobody gets arrested when the Mexicans were burning the US flag during their big protest last year. They must have pictures of Bush bent over.
The answer is simple:

Like it or not, (and BTW, speaking as a Liberal Democrat, I DON'T like it!!) The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that flag burning is a constitutionaly protected act. Speaking as a Liberal Democrat, I can not say that the court was wrong in handing down that opinion, but I do believe that that ruling cold be remedied by passing legislation which would provide that all U.S. flags are the property of the U.S. Government, just as all U.S. Mail boxes (including the one at your home or apartment) belong to the U.S. Government.

As long as the flag was not stolen, according to the law, the protesters were within their rights burning it; that does not mean that I agree with them, or think that they were right in what they were doing.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone3
I found this interesting..........

1 There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.

2. All ballots will be in this nation's language.

3.. All government business will be conducted in our language.

4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how Long they are here.

5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6 Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No Welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government Assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an Amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners come here and buy land... Options will be Restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are Reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving Of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies. These will lead to deportation.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be Actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your Deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

Harsh, you say?.......

<>The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO

The USA needs them same laws here.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless

To remove the flag AND dispose of it??

IMO, that crosses the line that separates peaceful protest and civil disobedience from unlawful conduct. The confiscation and destruction of someone else's property based upon political disagreement is unlawful, and it should be.
I have to disagree my friend....since the US Supreme Court decided some time ago that "desecration of the US Flag" is a "freedom of speech" protected by the First Amendment....there is in reality NO issue here. The only contrived issue is one borne of "political correctness and pandering".

I can't believe that anyone....even took notice. As to the student who shouted "hate crime".....that clown should have disappeared the following day....and should have been "tossed on the other side of the border...naked and without ID on him". :shock: 8) :lol:

What should be happening is a US Congressman or Senator for NM should be stomping on the Administration of UNM....demanding to know who the "dumbass" was that allowed the Mexican flag to fly by itself over SOVEREIGN UNITED STATES SOIL!! That is the real crime....and if this fellow's lawyer has a brain...he will ride that to the ground.

Frankly....I can't believe some of the crap going on in this country!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Closed Thread