Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
Don't tell me you guys never experimented in your younger curiuos growing days
Um, no? :roll:

I always find it interesting when someone says that everyone else has done drugs in their past. Truth is, the number of people that experiemented in their younger days are in an extreme minority.

I don't have any problems with you experimenting...it's your life and people can do what they want to do. Just don't expect others in this industry to feel sorry for you. It's a black mark that many would love to see go away. It's the mentality that if someone is disqualified for any other job because they're a druggie, a rapist, a bank robber, a murderer, etc. etc....well, hey, there's always trucking.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
AMEN brother bat AMEN !!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Don't tell me you guys never experimented in your younger curiuos growing days
Um, no? :roll:

I always find it interesting when someone says that everyone else has done drugs in their past. Truth is, the number of people that experiemented in their younger days are in an extreme minority.

I don't have any problems with you experimenting...it's your life and people can do what they want to do. Just don't expect others in this industry to feel sorry for you. It's a black mark that many would love to see go away. It's the mentality that if someone is disqualified for any other job because they're a druggie, a rapist, a bank robber, a murderer, etc. etc....well, hey, there's always trucking.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
I dont know about anyone else, but I use things like this to help my kids make the right choices. Everytime I have to turn down someone for a job because of some "harmless pot bust" 20 years ago. I make sure to sit down with my kids and SHOW THEM how stupid youthful choices can come back and haunt you 20 years later. With stupid stoners telling my kids that pot is no big deal, I LOVE having examples to actually show my kids like this guy who cant find a job.
Ive said this before, its only going to get worse (or better..depends how you want to look at it) We live in an information age where its getting easier and easier for people to do complete background checks instantly. We also live in a "Liability age) where people sue for anything and everything. Its only going to get much worse for those with "questionable pasts" in all industries and much BETTER for those who CHOOSE not to be criminals or drug users.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

uhm, there are always containers that need hauled around. can you speak mexican and forgore any type of pretrip inspections.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Rookie

I must be a boring old fart, because I NEVER experimented with any drugs growing up, unless you call 124 flavors of ice cream a drug. I have been drunk, once in my life, and won't be repeating that unpleasant feeling any time soon.

I suppose it has to do with the era you grew up in - when I was in diapers the world was a totally different place, men had short hair, women didn't. Everybody smoked, but I kind of missed that one too - had one once, same story as the booze, I ain't goin' to repeat that one.

I am sorry you can't find an employer, because of something stupid years ago, but that is life now - they know too much about us all, and if you don't fit the pattern, tough.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Board Regular

I would think showing your kids someones personal file breaks some kind of confidential agreement or or at least the privacy act.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Some of you are forgetting that this CONVICTION was all the way back in 2003! Don't you think they would forget it by now?

His other associated charges were having a loud muffler and driving with no proof of insurance. Wow! This guy was smoking pot while driving his car and got busted. He got pulled over for the loud muffler and the police officer smelled the marijuana in the car, hence probable cause to search the vehicle and find the weed.

Yes I have experimented with different drugs in my life. There was a time and a place for that (COLLEGE). The key is not getting caught! You have to be really dumb to get caught. Like rolling down the street with a loud muffler smoking doobies.

Just stick to the legal drugs (beer, cigs, coffee).
Old 02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Some of you are forgetting that this CONVICTION was all the way back in 2003! Don't you think they would forget it by now?
Not in today's litigation age. :roll:

Old 02-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Yes I have experimented with different drugs in my life. There was a time and a place for that (COLLEGE). The key is not getting caught! You have to be really dumb to get caught. Like rolling down the street with a loud muffler smoking doobies.

Nobody told me when I was a kid, that if I did somethng illegal and did not get caught, that it was ok to do the illegal stuff.

However..I did not do drugs because they are illegal. I did not do drugs because, even at the lowest point in my life...I had to much self-respect to do them.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Not in today's litigation age. :roll:
I hope you know I was being sarcastic.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan

Nobody told me when I was a kid, that if I did somethng illegal and did not get caught, that it was ok to do the illegal stuff.

However..I did not do drugs because they are illegal. I did not do drugs because, even at the lowest point in my life...I had to much self-respect to do them.
I never said it was okay to do if you don't get caught. My poiint was that you have to be a real dumbass to get caught.

Congratulations for never doing drugs.