User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

one of the people that graduated from the same School as me put on his application to Werner some sort of sugar coated BS as regards to why he left a particular job. Something about "differences in opinion" something like that. He was on the truck for awhile and they kicked him off after they called to verify that he was fired. I guess the difference was they wanted him to work and he just wanted to show up and get payed. it isn't worth trying to hide anything they will find it and you just hurt yourself in the long / short run.
I am all for giving a person a second chance with in reason. giving a past drunk a 80,000lbs vehicle when they been caught driving their 2,000lbs drunk. thats a hard call

Giving a convicted rapist a security job at the playboy mansion. probably not.

The fact is driving really is a big responsibility. lots of money is involved. long periods of being alone which causes stress. and a little mistake can take lives.

Pot makes operating any vehicle a lot more difficult. on one hand i think this guy should get a second chance. hopefully he learned his lesson. But it is not my call it is his perspective employers call. If my lively hood depended on a person to drive my truck it would be hard for me to trust someone with that kind of recent background. You might be totally fine, but if I had a choice i would hire the guy with the clean record.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Board Regular

Betcha these guys will hire him :lol:

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Rookie

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that this guy "forgot" to tell either the driving school, Werner or both about this little problem.

If this is true, Werner had the right to fire AND DAC the crap out of this guy for showinLet me get this right. You went to a CDL school, and got your license.

You got with Werner, work with them for a week, and was let go because YOU HAD A MISDEMEANER FOR JUST A SMALL AMOUNT OF MARIJUANA.

And because your school, who did their part in getting you your CDL, didn't tell you that being a pot head might not look favorable to future employers, you blame them?

Your the pothead, and it's their fault? And in case you didn't figure it out, companies don't like to find out about "small amounts of marijuana" after you got hired. So my guess is that you never told them about it, did you?

Because from where I'm standing, you school did what you paid them to do. And that was to get you a CDL.

But here is some good news for you. There are many companies who won't care about your "pot dazes" of your past. Just look around. You will start out with a lower pay than others, however, work is work. Get some experience.....and maybe a better company will take a chance with you.

I would normally say "good luck", however, I feel that the trucking industry doesn't need another past drug user. That statement in itself should provide your with hope of getting a driving job. g that he is untrustworthy and of course less than likey to tell the truth.

The school has a right to be less that happy, they now look like dummies for wasting a companies time and money on a guy who basically stole a training slot from someone who they could actually employ.

I have no pity for this type of outcome.. sorry

:evil: Man, I was honest and up front with werner. Talked to my recruiter about it in detail...he said it was alright...that's why I went there....
My school did a backround check prior to me starting school....
And they rather not inform me about it.....I'm not a career criminal...That is the only significant charge under my criminal/driving record....Don't tell me you guys never experimented in your younger curiuos growing days...[/img][/url][/quote]
Old 02-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
at least nobody told him to get a job driving a dump truck :?

Well, you can always find work drivin' a

.......................... uhhh .............................uhhhhhh ................................du........du...... .........dum.................

Oh, somebody stop me before I say it!!!!!!!

Ever thought about hauling REEFERS????
Old 02-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployeddriver

:evil: Man, I was honest and up front with werner. Talked to my recruiter about it in detail...he said it was alright...that's why I went there....
And they rather not inform me about it.....I'm not a career criminal...That is the only significant charge under my criminal/driving record....Don't tell me you guys never experimented in your younger curiuos growing days...[/img][/url]
[/quote]

Unemployed.....

I notice the word "SIGNIFICANT".......??????????
Old 02-25-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless

Man, I can't believe this took that long. It's madness!

(Get it? Like Reefer Madness, the old scare-the-kids-straight movie? HAHA I slay me. ;-))
Old 02-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployeddriver

And they rather not inform me about it.....I'm not a career criminal...That is the only significant charge under my criminal/driving record....Don't tell me you guys never experimented in your younger curiuos growing days...[/img][/url]
Unemployed.....

I notice the word "SIGNIFICANT".......??????????[/quote]

Sooooooo..what ya think fellas. Shouldn't a little "Youthful" indescretion be over looked...just this once????

After all...the Pot charge is the only "significant" charge he has...all the "other" charges are IN-significant!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude..Ya get yerself canned by Werner..you really do have a "long row to hoe" !!!!! Really doesn't matter what your background....if Werner doesn't want ya...even CREngland will probably pass ya up!!!

But just in case I am wrong...here is their website!! http://www.crengland.com/
Old 02-25-2008, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormothecentury
Quote:

Man, I can't believe this took that long. It's madness!

Good One, Storm!!

(Get it? Like Reefer Madness, the old scare-the-kids-straight movie? HAHA I slay me. ;-))
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Rookie

yeah I said SIGNIFICANT because it is..the other two are for having a loud muffler and for not having proof of insurance... if you were to look up my record that would be all there is.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OPINIONS.....Not very incouraging, but it is what it is. Looks like I'll have to try even harder to make good on getting a job...I'm gonna get work seeing that the industry is in demand, so SEE YOU ON THE ROAD....... !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Don't tell me you guys never experimented in your younger curiuos growing days
Um, no? :roll:

I always find it interesting when someone says that everyone else has done drugs in their past. Truth is, the number of people that experiemented in their younger days are in an extreme minority.

I don't have any problems with you experimenting...it's your life and people can do what they want to do. Just don't expect others in this industry to feel sorry for you. It's a black mark that many would love to see go away. It's the mentality that if someone is disqualified for any other job because they're a druggie, a rapist, a bank robber, a murderer, etc. etc....well, hey, there's always trucking.

:roll: :roll: :roll: