User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Coast Driver
All this is great advice and much appreciated. I'm looking into it here in California and it's legal to carry a gun, if you have a permit for a concealed weopon in this state. It doesn't say anything about not allowing commercial truck drivers to apply. I'm not sure yet, but I think some cities and counties have different restictions involved.
Good luck getting a CCW in California. Almost next to impossible. You either have to be a movie star or politician to get one.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Senior Board Member

stay with a non-lethal means of defense, It's alot faster to obtain and alot less paper work if you have to use it. Firearms have there place but I don't think its in a CMV. Where would you keep it?I paid to much for my handguns to let them get beat up bouncing around in my truck waiting to be stolen at a truckstop who will then commit some crime with it.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete
stay with a non-lethal means of defense, It's alot faster to obtain and alot less paper work if you have to use it. Firearms have there place but I don't think its in a CMV. Where would you keep it?I paid to much for my handguns to let them get beat up bouncing around in my truck waiting to be stolen at a truckstop who will then commit some crime with it.
Uhhhh....in a holster on my waist? What's the point of carrying a gun if you always leave it somewhere.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Rookie

Yeah, I'll just keep my guns at home. I'm looking into this taser. It shoots these barbs up to 15 feet away. Some even have laser pointers. http://protechtasers.com/tasers.html
Old 02-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Rookie

About tasers: They are great, work perfectly when used against non aggressive reasonable people. They fall short when you try using them against a dehydrated junked up methhead. The person most likely to offer you violence, whilst trucking round this country, is a dehydrated meth head. This is why I don't carry the tasers that I own, they just don't match the threat, but my sidearm, with less than lethal first two rounds does - I load soft rounds that won't penetrate clothing, but will get your attention. First two are that with standard hydro shocks for the rest - I can deliver 2 shots, from holstered, to a shooting aggressor in 1.3 seconds - plenty of time to assess and use the next, lethal round, if needed. Funny thing about the soft rounds - they don't penetrate, so the energy is stopped, right there - this makes them hurt way more the penetrating shot would have done. I have used these rounds against a drugged up gang member that had been shot a few times - I did him no harm, shooting these softs at him, but he started crying, saying that I had hurt him.. He dropped the weapon he was threatening a group of people with, and complied to arrest without a struggle.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Rookie

Ha ha. That's a cool story. I'm still going to apply for that ccw permit. We'll see how it goes. I'd be to sketched to carry my handgun in my truck without that permit. I still like that taser though. In the mean time I've got some pepper spray.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill Pete
About tasers: They are great, work perfectly when used against non aggressive reasonable people. They fall short when you try using them against a dehydrated junked up methhead. The person most likely to offer you violence, whilst trucking round this country, is a dehydrated meth head. This is why I don't carry the tasers that I own, they just don't match the threat, but my sidearm, with less than lethal first two rounds does - I load soft rounds that won't penetrate clothing, but will get your attention. First two are that with standard hydro shocks for the rest - I can deliver 2 shots, from holstered, to a shooting aggressor in 1.3 seconds - plenty of time to assess and use the next, lethal round, if needed. Funny thing about the soft rounds - they don't penetrate, so the energy is stopped, right there - this makes them hurt way more the penetrating shot would have done. I have used these rounds against a drugged up gang member that had been shot a few times - I did him no harm, shooting these softs at him, but he started crying, saying that I had hurt him.. He dropped the weapon he was threatening a group of people with, and complied to arrest without a struggle.
I've never hears of these soft rounds ???? Do you run cross country with that 77--359 Pete ????
Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
About tasers: They are great, work perfectly when used against non aggressive reasonable people. They fall short when you try using them against a dehydrated junked up methhead. The person most likely to offer you violence, whilst trucking round this country, is a dehydrated meth head.
I'll be sure to start carrying a case of bottled WATER for protection! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.