User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Horn blasting at the fuel isle!

What is up with all of you spineless a**holes who feel the need to blast your air horn at the fuel isle just because the truck in front of you won't move? Next time reach between your legs and remind yourself that you are supposedly a man and have the guts to use what is between your legs to walk up to that truck to tell the driver to move.

This morning I was sleeping when my wife pulled into Pilot for fuel. There was an O/O truck to the right (which is the side my head was on), and the jerk laid on his air horn (which he obviously had extras of) for a good five seconds. I jumped out of bed, started slamming myself into my clothes and ripped open the curtain only to see my little tornado of a wife ripping into this driver. She had the window squeegee in a position that told me that driver was about to be unconscious (she told me later that the O/O was even stupid enough to lay on the horn while my wife was standing on that side so it made her jump about a foot in the air). He sheepishly rolled down his window and told her "That truck won't move!". She told him to get his lazy azz out of the truck and go tell the driver to move or she was going to be sure that he made her day! As it turns out the driver of the other truck WASN'T EVEN IN HIS TRUCK to hear this jerk lay on his air horn.

Here is a thought drivers, if every team out there laid on their air horn as they were leaving a truck stop parking lot you all wouldn't get much sleep. Keep it in your little pee brains that YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THIS WORLD! We are trying to sleep in the worse possible road conditions, noise levels and the next driver who does this will suffer the consequences for I am sick of it!

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 12-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Sadly too many people fail to understand that horns are installed on vehicles to be used in an emergency situation or to prevent on from happening.

Maybe it goes back to their toddler days when Mom or Dad put a horn or bell on their tricycle and they would ring/honk as the made laps on the sidewalk in front of the house in a "hey look at me...I'm a big boy/girl now" gesture.

Don't laugh. The theory is sound. After all these idiots who like to lay on the horn do not seem to have done much growing up. :roll:
Old 12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Sadly too many people fail to understand that horns are installed on vehicles to be used in an emergency situation or to prevent on from happening.

Maybe it goes back to their toddler days when Mom or Dad put a horn or bell on their tricycle and they would ring/honk as the made laps on the sidewalk in front of the house in a "hey look at me...I'm a big boy/girl now" gesture.

Don't laugh. The theory is sound. After all these idiots who like to lay on the horn do not seem to have done much growing up. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Uturn..... I just HAD to laugh! Not AT your analysis..... but WITH it!! You nailed THAT one! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

After reading this post, the only question is:

What makes you think that the person who "blows his horn at a fuel island" has brains enough to handle a computer?

Just curious.
:wink:
Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
After reading this post, the only question is:

What makes you think that the person who "blows his horn at a fuel island" has brains enough to handle a computer?
Because I always believe in the power of the mentally challenged learning anything! :lol:

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Board Regular

let's Analise this, one guy is wrong due to blowing his air horn, had he gotten out and told the driver of the truck (who wasn't even there) to move, the other driver might have gotten out of his truck and finished the fight the first guy started, since no one was there, your wife pulls a weapon and takes an assaultive stance towards a guy, that did her no wrong, other than let her hear the horn. Hmm, sounds to me like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. Someone pulls a squeege handle on me and makes a threatening gesture, they gonna have a nice place to sleep and a hot meal at the police station cause my first move is call 911 and have them arrested for assault.

That being said, Drivers, we really do need to respect everyone and pull up off the fuel island as soon as we get filled up to allow the next guy to get fuel. Just last night I saw a guy fuel, go in and shower with his truck on the island. NOT NICE, but not worthy of someone assaulting him!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655
Just last night I saw a guy fuel, go in and shower with his truck on the island. NOT NICE, but not worthy of someone assaulting him!
A tow bill for him relays the message so much more effectively than an assult charge for you ever will. :wink:
Old 12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Senior Board Member

People who park at the fuel aisle need a good solid a$$ whooping at the hands of their fellow drivers . Seriously I have seen guys parked blocking the lane for 15 minutes while they are brining their log book up to date ...and the parking lot is half empty this just calls for a punch in the lips ,And there should be provisions made in the law to make this legal justice ... :wink: :lol:
Old 12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Default re

I've seen a couple of semi drivers laying on their horns for a reason or another. The only time I use my air horn is to warn people when I'm backing up... using the electrical horn on the steering wheel does the job, without intimidating other drivers.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Horn blasting at the fuel isle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinit
Keep it in your little pee brains that YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THIS WORLD! We are trying to sleep in the worse possible road conditions, noise levels and the next driver who does this will suffer the consequences for I am sick of it!
Another black belt in CB karate. :roll: :lol: